Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 1:00:48 PM EDT
www.wvec.com/news/topstories/stories/wvec_local_060508_vb_child_attempt.22cd9aa.html

So get this, a man tried to abduct a 4 year old boy infront of his mom while standing in line at a Dairy Queen at the oceanfront. The man and the mother scuffled and her and her son got away and rejoined with the rest of the family. Thinkin it's over the man followed them and tried to convince the boy to go with him only to run away once the cops came. He was eventually captured.

I gotta tell you if this a-hole tried that with my little girl, I got 230 grain Corbons would be put to use... sorry just venting..
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:49:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, I run by there all the time.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:09:12 AM EDT
[#2]
We had a guy in Maryland try to take a 2yr old from her grandma while they were standing in line at the MVA!

Not too smart, that one.

Man arrested for attempting to kidnap 2-year-old
Friday, Sept. 21, 2007
By Sara K. Taylor

Staff Writer

A 31-year-old Waldorf man was charged Friday morning with snatching a toddler from her grandmother's arms, police said.

Jerome Leon Silver was charged with kidnapping, assault, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest on Sept. 21, according to the Charles County Sheriff's Office.

Police said a woman was holding her 2-year-old granddaughter while they were in line outside the Motor Vehicle Administration in Waldorf around 8:28 a.m. when Silver attempted to hug and kiss the little girl.

The woman told Silver to leave them alone when he allegedly grabbed the child from the woman and attempted to walk away, according to police reports.

The woman was struggling with Silver in an attempt to retrieve the girl when a police officer inside of the MVA offices, working part time on a security assignment, heard the commotion.

The officer rushed to the woman's aid and began to usher Silver away from the scene.

Those waiting in line, including the woman and child, entered the MVA while other officers arrived on the scene and began interviewing Silver.

When they attempted to arrest Silver, he resisted and a Taser electric shock device was used to subdue him, police said.

Silver is being held at the Charles County Detention Center in La Plata pending an appearance before the district court commissioner.

Officer M. Thompson investigated.
http://www.somdnews.com/stories/092107/indytop145210_32153.shtml
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 4:49:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Every day my wife understands more and more why I carry.

That woman is lucky the guy wasn't violent.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 9:02:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
We had a guy in Maryland try to take a 2yr old from her grandma while they were standing in line at the MVA!

Not too smart, that one.

Man arrested for attempting to kidnap 2-year-old
Friday, Sept. 21, 2007
By Sara K. Taylor

Staff Writer

A 31-year-old Waldorf man was charged Friday morning with snatching a toddler from her grandmother's arms, police said.

Jerome Leon Silver was charged with kidnapping, assault, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest on Sept. 21, according to the Charles County Sheriff's Office.

Police said a woman was holding her 2-year-old granddaughter while they were in line outside the Motor Vehicle Administration in Waldorf around 8:28 a.m. when Silver attempted to hug and kiss the little girl.

The woman told Silver to leave them alone when he allegedly grabbed the child from the woman and attempted to walk away, according to police reports.

The woman was struggling with Silver in an attempt to retrieve the girl when a police officer inside of the MVA offices, working part time on a security assignment, heard the commotion.

The officer rushed to the woman's aid and began to usher Silver away from the scene.

Those waiting in line, including the woman and child, entered the MVA while other officers arrived on the scene and began interviewing Silver.

When they attempted to arrest Silver, he resisted and a Taser electric shock device was used to subdue him, police said.
Silver is being held at the Charles County Detention Center in La Plata pending an appearance before the district court commissioner.

Officer M. Thompson investigated.
http://www.somdnews.com/stories/092107/indytop145210_32153.shtml

Wow a story where use of a taser was actually justified.

Link Posted: 6/7/2008 11:49:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Just downright shameful. I can only speak for the Hampton Roads area but more and more this year crimes that the media report are getting more heinous which makes me wonder about crimes that do not get reported in the news but have the attention of LEOs.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 1:21:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I have tried to tell my wife crime can happen anywhere.  This is a good example of a place she would feel perfectly safe on vacation.  I had her read this and it changed her mind.  We have a 4 year old and she is pregnant with the next.  As much as I asked her she would not learn to use a firearm.  After reading this she has agreed to go shooting with me after the baby is born, then got take a CCW class and get her permit.  Thank you for posting this.
Dan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top