Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2007 1:45:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 2:00:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm going to post this over in the Opencarry Virginia hometown forum.  Some folks over there are interested also.
Edited for a spelling error.
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 4:07:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag.
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
  • 1000:  Free tables for enthusiasts to buy/sell/trade accessories.
  •  

These are outside, correct?  
    Link Posted: 11/14/2007 6:25:26 PM EDT
    [#4]
    Link Posted: 11/14/2007 6:34:59 PM EDT
    [#5]

Quoted:
    These are VERY limted (10 or so) and will be upstairs in our class room.  They are approx 2ftx6ft each.

Quoted:

Quoted:
  • 1000:  Free tables for enthusiasts to buy/sell/trade accessories.
  •  

These are outside, correct?  
    Wow, I was expecting to be in the parking lot, in front of our cars.  

That's very generous of you to let people set up inside.  
    Link Posted: 11/14/2007 10:13:10 PM EDT
    [#6]
    I'll be there with a friend or 2.  I'll be looking for a M&P15T as my other 2 friends will be looking at hand guns.  Can't wait!

Link Posted: 11/15/2007 5:56:21 AM EDT
    [#7]
    By some miracle act of the scheduling gods, I'm not working this weekend at BRA.

I'd love to come and enjoy the ARFCOM festivities!

_MaH
    Link Posted: 11/15/2007 6:38:25 AM EDT
    [#8]
    Picking up my first AR-15 in a trade tomorrow.

Will be in MD all weekend with some junior rifle shooters.  So I won't be able to stop by the shop on Saturday.

Any chance I can get the AR GI mag price tomorrow?
    Link Posted: 11/15/2007 11:20:31 AM EDT
    [#9]
    I will have two 440rd cans of 7.62x54r Bulgarian Steel Core Heavy Ball for sale for $85 FTF. They are stamped 53 and have no visible color on the tip. IM if interested!
    Link Posted: 11/15/2007 2:24:19 PM EDT
    [#10]
    Link Posted: 11/15/2007 6:02:52 PM EDT
    [#11]
    I wish I could do it, but CALEA is coming to town in a week, and they're making me work the whole weekend and week after it to help prepare.  Who the hell schedules a major agency inspection for the week after a national holiday???

ETA - how about a pre-Christmas December event?
    Link Posted: 11/15/2007 6:57:01 PM EDT
    [#12]
    Wish I could be there but I have to work!

Bonk - good luck with re-accreditation. I had one of the CALEA folks riding along with me last time they were in town. Stressful but they were very cool and understanding.
    Link Posted: 11/15/2007 7:38:15 PM EDT
    [#13]

Quoted:
    All firearms will be marked with with **Gun Show Prices**.  This includes; Springfield Armory, HK, LMT and ArmaLite.

We will have GREAT Specials on the following items; Magpul, USGI Mags, Glock Mags, Benchmade, Trijicon, EoTech and Aimpoint.  All will be well below MAP, so we can't list prices.  

Any deals on SureFire?  I'd like to check out one of the new G2Ls with the Cree LED.  
    Link Posted: 11/16/2007 8:16:21 AM EDT
    [#14]
    Link Posted: 11/16/2007 8:17:39 AM EDT
    [#15]
    Link Posted: 11/16/2007 8:18:03 PM EDT
    [#16]
    Well I'm def coming along with my Marine buddy. We paid for the 3 day pass for the gun show and ran through it in 30 minutes.  Must say very dissapointing.  Will bring both passes to sell if anyone would be interested.
    Link Posted: 11/17/2007 12:04:59 PM EDT
    [#17]
    Hope everybody is having a good time.  I got tied up working on the hosue and won't be able to get over there.  
    Link Posted: 11/17/2007 2:35:52 PM EDT
    [#18]

Quoted:
    Hope everybody is having a good time.  I got tied up working on the hosue and won't be able to get over there.  

Yep, same here as I figured moving my friend was not just a morning job. He only had half his stuff packed up and we didn't finish til after 3pm
    Link Posted: 11/17/2007 3:16:38 PM EDT
    [#19]
    Thanks QA for putting on a good show and nice to meet/connect names with faces!

Hope that we can have more local events and meet more folks over the winter.

--Olivers_AR
    Link Posted: 11/17/2007 3:47:40 PM EDT
    [#20]
    Had a nice time and picked up a new toy (at a price too low to print).

Witnessed some lucky guy buying a bunch of Pmags at a steal of a deal.

Can't wait for the next one!

Thank you Quantico!
    Link Posted: 11/17/2007 5:42:31 PM EDT
    [#21]
    I am contemplating going back tomorrow to get some PMAGS. I bought the ranger plates but a kicking myself for not buying the PMAGS instead.
    Link Posted: 11/17/2007 7:55:06 PM EDT
    [#22]
    I am trying to justify to my wife letting me go up there tomorrow....anyone want to PM me a full AAR with prices, etc?

Much appreciated
    Link Posted: 11/18/2007 8:46:13 AM EDT
    [#23]
    Prices are very good and they are pretty cool peeps. They gave me a discount on a TD pistol grip even though TD wasnt on discount list.

Question for QTS will there be any Black Friday sales? I got screwed on taking the day after Turkey day off and there will be nothing going on at work so I have to waste time and figured I would get some more stuff.
    Link Posted: 11/18/2007 8:53:01 AM EDT
    [#24]
    I stopped by early this morning and picked up a BCG, charging handle, couple of boxes of .45, some magpull followers and the last five PMAGS.  Got a great deal and a T-Shirt to boot.  Thanks to Walter and crew!
    Link Posted: 11/18/2007 6:31:56 PM EDT
    [#25]
    I went by this morning and got a bunch of AR accessories and some 5.11 stuff...great deals.....

definitely on my calender for when nation's is back in February
    Link Posted: 11/19/2007 4:58:16 AM EDT
    [#26]
    I stopped by both days...

Got a new Mossberg, a bunch of GI mags, and some magpul stuff; I saved a ton of money.

(And the Brats and beer were excellent!)
    Link Posted: 11/19/2007 6:07:36 AM EDT
    [#27]
    Props to the brats and beer. They were delicious.

Picked up a blackhawk holster and put some faces to names!
    Link Posted: 11/19/2007 2:57:06 PM EDT
    [#28]

Quoted:
    I went by this morning and got a bunch of AR accessories and some 5.11 stuff...great deals.....

definitely on my calender for when nation's is back in February

I'll be back then too as long as I've got nothing else (more important) going on.  Unfortunately I didn't need any gear or parts at that time, but I'm glad I was able to get some stuff sold.  Great meeting everybody and I look forward to seeing even more people next time.  MJD
    Link Posted: 11/20/2007 1:35:32 PM EDT
    [#29]
    think i'm going to have to try this out next time! went to the dulles gun show, paid $12 and didn't find a single damn thing i just had to have! and everything seemed so overpriced!

only thing i got was a toy dragunov for my 6 yo nephew. all sorts of chicom made goodness, lots of flashing lights, lots of loud noises, lots of cheap-ass plastic and all ONLY $20!!! $32 if you count the admission fee...$40 if you count the gas to get there from stafford...
    Link Posted: 11/20/2007 1:41:30 PM EDT
    [#30]

Quoted:
    think i'm going to have to try this out next time! went to the dulles gun show, paid $12 and didn't find a single damn thing i just had to have! and everything seemed so overpriced!

only thing i got was a toy dragunov for my 6 yo nephew. all sorts of chicom made goodness, lots of flashing lights, lots of loud noises, lots of cheap-ass plastic and all ONLY $20!!! $32 if you count the admission fee...$40 if you count the gas to get there from stafford...

Now I feel better - I didn't know if I wanted to make the trip from Stafford to only be disappointed.......
    Link Posted: 11/20/2007 3:08:28 PM EDT
    [#31]
    This was an excellent idea.  Quantico Arms really hit the nail on the head.  I hope that it can become a periodic (quarterly/semiannual) thing and that we, the shooting community, support it.  

I really enjoyed the brats, and would have enjoyed some Sam Winter if I didn't have work to do later.    

I picked up one small item from the Eagle Industries sale bin, and a pair of the nylon 5.11 pants.  The latter are very well made, and feel almost like heavy cotton, not shiny like some nylon stuff.  I wanted them to wear back/forth to the gym instead of sweats or warmups that never have sufficient pockets.  

I'm glad to hear a good time was had by all.  BZ to Quantico Arms for putting this on!  
    Link Posted: 11/20/2007 3:14:57 PM EDT
    [#32]
    Oh, and it was good to meet some of the rest of you clowns too!  
    Link Posted: 11/29/2007 4:48:22 PM EDT
    [#33]

Quoted:
    This was an excellent idea.  Quantico Arms really hit the nail on the head.  I hope that it can become a periodic (quarterly/semiannual) thing and that we, the shooting community, support it.

When is the next one scheduled?
    Link Posted: 11/29/2007 5:05:17 PM EDT
    [#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When is the next one scheduled?

I'm not QA, but I believe Dave Hensley said he was thinking about doing it the next time the Nation's Gun Show is held in Chantilly.  
    Link Posted: 11/29/2007 5:36:25 PM EDT
    [#35]
    And when is that scheduled?
    BTW, I am new to NoVA, just got here this week.
    Link Posted: 11/29/2007 6:58:43 PM EDT
    [#36]
    Feb 8,9 & 10, 2008

And welcome to the grid-lock of NoVA...and PLEASE don't wait till Feb to check out the good gun stores of NoVA---Virginia Arms and Guns & Ammo Warehouse in Manassas and obviously Quantico Arms....
    Link Posted: 11/30/2007 3:56:43 AM EDT
    [#37]
    I'm 3 miles from work and have a 10-minute commute here in Tyson's Corner/Vienna/McLean. I've been up here plenty of times, so I'm familiar with the original Quantico Arms and Shooters Paradise (before the range fire). I've also shot at the NRA range, Quantico Range 4, Northern Virginia Gun Club in King George, and Vern Harrison/Flea's place at Central Virginia Tactical. Any other good suggestions for outdoor (preferable) or indoor ranges? What sort of practical shooting matches are in the area (IDPA, USPSA/IPSC, subgun, precision rifle)?
    Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:41:01 AM EDT
    [#38]
    Looks like Blue Ridge has IDPA on the second Wed of every month...and glad you live so close to work---Tysons this time of year is real fun (especially last night with the car rolled over during rush hour)
    Link Posted: 11/30/2007 5:42:58 AM EDT
    [#39]

Quoted:
    Looks like Blue Ridge has IDPA on the second Wed of every month...and glad you live so close to work---Tysons this time of year is real fun (especially last night with the car rolled over during rush hour)

Sounds right...  I don't usually work weekdays so I can't confirm the accuracy of that frequency, but it does sound right...

I do know that we run IDPA with four one-hour-long time-frames.  6-7pm, 7-8pm, 8-9pm and 9-10pm.

$20 to sign up, I believe targets are provided, but you're on your own for ammo, eye/ear protection, mags, holsters, etc. etc. etc....

_MaH
    Link Posted: 11/30/2007 7:11:22 AM EDT
    [#40]
    Do I have to be a Blue Ridge Member to shoot IDPA at Blue Ridge Arsenal?

And does the $20 for IDPA cover everything, or is there a range fee on top of that?
    Link Posted: 11/30/2007 7:28:50 AM EDT
    [#41]

Quoted:
    Do I have to be a Blue Ridge Member to shoot IDPA at Blue Ridge Arsenal?

Negative.  Anyone with handgun experience is welcome to shoot.

And does the $20 for IDPA cover everything, or is there a range fee on top of that?

There's no additional range fee on top of it.  All it covers is (1) getting into the match, and (2) targets (which are provided).  Again, ammo, eye/ear protection, mags, holsters, etc. is all on you to provide.

_MaH
    Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:49:12 AM EDT
    [#42]
    What's a typical round count for one of these IDPA matches?  Less than 100 rounds?  Or 100 to 150 rounds?
    Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:37:12 PM EDT
    [#43]
    All firearms will be marked with with **Gun Show Prices**. This includes; Springfield Armory, HK, LMT and ArmaLite.

We will have GREAT Specials on the following items; Magpul, USGI Mags, Glock Mags, Benchmade, Trijicon, EoTech and Aimpoint. All will be well below MAP, so we can't list prices.

Sample Pricing:

USGI M16 30rnd Mags: $10/ea, 5 for $45
    Glock 17, 19, 22, 23 Mags: $17/ea, Four for $59!
    ArmaLite M4 Carbines (w/o carry handle): $849
    Springfield XD-45s with 3 mags: $449
    Springfield M1As: $1,199
    The North Face: 20% off
    GG&G: 25% off
    Galco: 30% off
    Trijicon: Too low to list prices
    EoTech: Too low to list prices
    Magpul: Too low to list prices
    Blackhawk 25% off + Free T-Shirt with $50 purchase!
    Other in-store specials!

What a good sale................I am glad those aren't the regular prices....because I would be broke!!!

They need to have one of those maybe at the end of January...my b'day as well as a giving me a little time to recover.

Thanks QA guys and gals
    Top Top