Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 4:21:16 PM EDT
the surplus part of potomac arms. they're selling these real nice italian gas masks for $50. might be something to pick up "just in case."

i got a couple for my folks (my mom's been bugging me about it). she said we may think she's paranoid but she's lived through a war (japanese in ww2) so she knows it's better to be safe than sorry.

the masks are full face lexan or something like that and takes the standard nato 40mm threaded filter. you get 1 nbc filter with each mask. the filter is good til 2009 and the mask is good til 2011. it doesn't have a voicemitter or a drinking get-up but like my mom  says, "if i have to use it, i'm not going to be worried about drinking anything!"
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:25:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Anything else worthwhile there?

Also, is the gun store still open and, if so, does it have anything worth getting?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#2]
no guns, no ammo (except for some weird calibers), some cheap nylon holsters.

they've put a lot of the stuff downstairs upstairs like the gas masks, swords, and collectible knives. they have a sweet trench knife(?) up there for $700; a french made "au lion" knuckleduster with the metal sheath.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:41:40 PM EDT
[#3]
What happened to the store?

I hadn't been there in almost a year.  Last time I went, they told me they could still special order new rifles, but they were going to focus on used and collectible weapons.  It was a strange visit - I was looking at buying a Colt Government Model and saw a Gold Cup that looked real sweet.  Asked about stripping it down (since I am not going to pay $600 sight unseen for a used gun) and they feigned shock that I would even suggest stripping it down.  Well, after haggling back and forth, they finally relented, and of course as I suspected there were some problems with it (cracking on the frame and the barrel link connector was busted.)

haven't been back since, but wanted to head down to look at old S&W revolvers with my father in law.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#4]
the city finally coughed up the dough for the property. they decided to close down the gun store and potomac arms will be no more.

from what i understand, the surplus part will be moving somewhere else in the northern va area under the name "full metal jacket" and WILL have an ffl (supposedly).

i always liked going to that store cuz it was like a stick in the eye to the libtards and yuppie scum who run the city. i think it was the old man who held on for so long and when he died, the sons got serious about selling and will just take the money and run.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#5]
The Trophey Room still has an FFL if you need a transfer in Old Town.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:53:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Funny, I live about 3 miles from the trophy room, and I am STILL headed out to VA Arms to pick up a transfer today.  At least I get to browse in a great gun shop while I am out there.

Shooter
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top