Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2006 6:16:03 PM EDT
It was closed down for awhile apparently, and i was wondering if anyone near there knew if it was open yet or not, my glock needs it's weekly workout.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:40:44 AM EDT
[#1]
when was this?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:44:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't really know, there was a topic somewhere here that said it was out of commision due to a small forest fire in the vicinity and the parks service had to do something something, i dont remember, but i am going to go drive up there cuz i can't wait anylonger, probably today at 5
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:04:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I heard that it's open again.  I haven't been there lately though because when it closed because of that fire, I joined the Christiansburg Izzak Walton League and have been using their range.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:44:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I was there last weekend, only like a couple of days ago.  It was open.  Didn't see any sort of fire damage or anything.  Friend got me scared when he called me up and told me he read on ar15.com that they had closed t he blacksburg range.  I thought he meant for good.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:23:48 PM EDT
[#5]
There is also a private gun club a little west of there. I believe it's called the Shawnee hunt club, my ex's dad is a member and they allow full auto. Outdoor range
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:10:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm a former member of the Shawnee Club, the only reason I left was because I moved far enough away to make the drive to Newport a bit of a PITA.  Good bunch of people, and the range is excellent (the last time I was up there was 1999, so YMMV).

Shawnee Club
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:03:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm a former member of the Shawnee Club, the only reason I left was because I moved far enough away to make the drive to Newport a bit of a PITA.  Good bunch of people, and the range is excellent (the last time I was up there was 1999, so YMMV).

Shawnee Club

You know John Christman?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:42:46 PM EDT
[#8]
So its confirmed its open again? I now have plans sunday
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:18:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So its confirmed its open again? I now have plans sunday

It was open as of last Thursday when I was there.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:38:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shawnee Club

You know John Christman?

Name sounds familiar, but I couldn't place the face.  I see Betty and Clarence every now and then, but John I'm drawing a blank on.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:15:26 PM EDT
[#11]
It was open as of last Saturday.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:42:33 PM EDT
[#12]
awesome, thanks for the info guys, i now know what the fiancee and i are doing on saturday, a lil bit of weapons familiarization, which i've been meaning to do for awhile now!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top