Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 10:11:26 PM EDT
They no longer sell any ammo or hunting supplies at the store in Potomac Mills Mall.

I found this out when I went in this past Thursday. They stopped selling them a week ago.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:18:27 PM EDT
[#1]
That's too bad...   The Sports Authoritys (Sports Authorities?) up here (Alexandria) don't sell firearms or firearms related stuff. Now with that and Potomac Arms shutting, I've gotta drive more than 2 minutes for anything gun-related.  

I was most upset when the Fair Lakes Galyans turned into Dick's and stopped sellinghandguns and most handgun ammo.

Sorry for the hijack.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
They no longer seel any ammo or hunting supplies at the store in Potomac Mills Mall.

I found this out when I went in this past Thursday. They stopped selling them a week ago.

Is the store actually in Potomac Mills mall?  I stopped going there (PM Mall) when I saw they prohibited legal concealed carry.

I didn't even know Sports Authority sold guns or ammo.  I've been to a couple in the Fairfax area that do not (that I know of).  Is the entire chain phasing them out?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:01:56 PM EDT
[#3]
in springfield mall they sell handgun and rifle ammo.

havent been there in a few months to check it out but last time i was there i bought some 9mm
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:04:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I bet you that even that store has gone away from firearms stuff.  I think it is a chain wide decision (dumb as it is).  A couple years ago I heard they may go back to carrying handguns, but that decision clearly got canned.

shooter
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:27:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Most Sports Authorites haven't been carrying actual firearms for a few years now.  I was wondering what happend to the ammo at the PM SA- I was just there on Sunday thinking where in the hell is everything?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:49:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank God for Wal- mart!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#7]
The one down in Fredericksburg did the same thing.  I bought up their remaining stash of Q3131A for about $3.79/box just before they quit selling.  Still have some left too.  MJD
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:14:52 PM EDT
[#8]
They've all pretty much turned into "Exercise Equipment" stores rather than Sporting Goods stores anyways.  They got out of the gun business here in the Tidewater area years ago.  They don't even carry a competative selection of cleaning equipment, and that's compared to WallyWorld.

Tom  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:10:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They no longer sell any ammo or hunting supplies at the store in Potomac Mills Mall.

Is the store actually in Potomac Mills mall?  I stopped going there (PM Mall) when I saw they prohibited legal concealed carry.

I didn't even know Sports Authority sold guns or ammo.  I've been to a couple in the Fairfax area that do not (that I know of).  Is the entire chain phasing them out?

Yes it actually is in the mall. The Head of Security there is a former Marine by the name of Rob Harris. He was an ass to work under unless you were a Marine. I know I worked for him and was Army.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:38:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
in springfield mall they sell handgun and rifle ammo.

havent been there in a few months to check it out but last time i was there i bought some 9mm

Yup Springfield Mall Sports Authority is gonna stop selling the hunting/ammo etc. also.  This is true, but I do not know about the others.  They are just gonna sell off what they have and not order anymore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top