Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 6:48:14 PM EDT
So I am probably going to be buying some ammo from Georgia Arms. And they say on their website that I need to have a signed affidavit stating that there are no laws against me buying the ammo in my state. So anyone have any affidavit forms or can I just type up a word doc and say that there are no laws against me buying the ammo and sign it or do I have to go down the legal route? Any info would be great.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:35:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I ordered from them a while back.  All you'll need to do is fax them a signed statement saying it's legal for you to purchase ammo along with a photocopy of your driver's license or something showing you're over 18.  Not even sure a Word document is needed, back of a napkin would probably be ok.

Give 'em a call if you have any questions, nice folks.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:10:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:20:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:20:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Try this and see if it will fly.

I am enclosing a photocopy of my drivers license showing I am 21 years of age  or older.  I further state I am under no legal restrictions which would prohibit me from ordering, owning, possessing, or transferring handgun or rifle ammunition under applicable Federal, State, or Local law.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:32:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Or you could just catch up with them at the next gun show and pay with cash (hint - often this is in your favor).  If you have something that you want, just give them a ring a few days before the show and they'll put it on the truck for you (with your name on it, so it will be there when you show up).  

Black Fox
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:43:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Or you could just catch up with them at the next gun show and pay with cash (hint - often this is in your favor).  If you have something that you want, just give them a ring a few days before the show and they'll put it on the truck for you (with your name on it, so it will be there when you show up).  

Black Fox

Yep I go and get it from the gun show!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Here are a few I have sent using the Redneck translator, some folks called me and rolled laughing.

Your Text, Dialectized (redneck)

Dear Suh, ah's inclosin' a photocopy of mah drivahs license showin' ah's 21 years of age o' older. ah further state ah's unner no legal restrickshuns which'd prohibit me fum o'derin', ownin', postessin', o' transferrin' han'gun o' rifle ammunishun unner applicable Federal, State, o' Local law.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top