Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 2:23:29 PM EDT
Here is the match info I was talking about in Roanoake this coming weekend:

Roanoke match info

more match info

It starts at 9:00 am on Saturday morning, September 24, and I'm planning on going.  Are you two in?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:41:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the link.  Though I won't be attending.  This time of the year my life revolves around Virginia Tech football games.  Plus I don't shoot handguns well enough to enter a match.

I need to practice more.  Perhaps one of these days I will enter a match.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:15:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Thanks for the link.  Though I won't be attending.  This time of the year my life revolves around Virginia Tech football games.  Plus I don't shoot handguns well enough to enter a match.

I need to practice more.  Perhaps one of these days I will enter a match.

who cares if you shoot well enough!!!!!

i used the same excuse for years, then i was kidnapped and forced to shoot a high power match
(well not really , but you get the picture)

wished i had started the first day i was told about it,

competiton is addictive, pistol, rifle, whatever,,,

just go do it,

you won't regret it, (except for the amount of money you will spend in the long run!!)

rlc
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:46:24 AM EDT
[#3]
For your $25 entry fee, they're giving you 100 rounds of Speer ammo.  That's like shooting the match for free.  Everyone was new sometime...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:27:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Even if you don't plan on shooting, drop by and socialize.  We regularly get shooters from MD, PA, SC, TN, NC, and all over VA.  There's also going to be grilled food, and some cool prizes to be raffled off.  Plus, I'll be there.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:39:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Even if you don't plan on shooting, drop by and socialize.  We regularly get shooters from MD, PA, SC, TN, NC, and all over VA.  There's also going to be grilled food, and some cool prizes to be raffled off.  Plus, I'll be there.

How will I recognize you, Bonk2029?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:42:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Email sent.  I can't give up my super-secret ninja secret in public.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:48:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Great to see everyone, hope you all shot well and had a good time.

I was the one in the gray polo shirt selling the raffle tickets and taking turns at the grill for lunch.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:33:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Had a good time at the match today, I am now back in my hotel room in Vienna after a 3 hour tour, a 3 hour tour (drive back north).
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:04:48 PM EDT
[#9]
So how did everyone shoot today?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Had a good time at the match today, I am now back in my hotel room in Vienna after a 3 hour tour, a 3 hour tour (drive back north).

Sorry Hrt4me, I just read this thread. Missed it sounded like fun.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:06:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Scores are posted HERE.  I placed 9th.

Only thing they could have done better was to have the Swedish Bikini Team participate, like This Match several years ago in Kali.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top