Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 9:07:09 AM EDT
I would like to give my buddy a rifle as a gift.  He is good to go on a purchase in VA (clean record, driver's license etc).  Can I gift him a rifle?  IIRC, it would have to be a face to face transfer, no mailing.

He's new to civilian life and doesn't know diddly about civilian gun ownership.  He just got burgled (sp) and lost a lot of his gear.  Now he wants a gun.  Any good gun shops around Beckley, WV?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:30:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Gunshops?  C'mon someone knows something!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:03:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:26:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:32:04 AM EDT
[#4]
FWIW1, i had to use an FFL for firearms gifted to me from out of state (FL).

FWIW2, based on my very limited understanding, for some adjoining states who have agreements, long guns are allowed to be purchased/transfered without going through an FFL. Even if true though, in your case, this would be moot since Pa is not adjoining with VA, assuming that you live in PA.

I would recommend that you call Bernie at VA Arms, or some other authority.

dd
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:56:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top