Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 5:56:28 AM EDT
The wife and I are planning on leaving the People's Republic of Maryland and moving out towards Inwood.  Saw a great development out there and we're thinking of having a house built with completion around January.

Although anything is better than Maryland, I noticed WV seems to be pretty gun friendly.  Even with you guys sending Democrats to the US Senate every 6 years.  Packing.org stated that CCW is fine and there is even reciprocity with Virgina (where I work).  Any ideas on where I would go for certification to take to the CLEO?  How long you have to be a resident before you can apply?  Anything else I need to know?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:54:08 PM EDT
[#1]
What part of WV??

On the conceal carry, you must take an NRA approved safety course.  These are usually pretty easy to find.  After you pass the course, take your certification to your local sheriff's department.  Present your certificate and $60 for a background check.  Once you pass your background check, return with $15 and listen to a deputy read the rules and regulations to you.  After they are done, you can ask them any questions you may have.

Once you've done this, you're good to go for 5 years.  You don't have to repeat the safety course, but you do have to be checked everytime you renew.  This is the way it was a few years ago, so things may have changed since then.  But this info will get you in the ballpark.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:54:54 PM EDT
[#2]
WV-Preacher is correct.  They should know who teaches the safety course locally at the Sheriffs Office in Berkeley County.  Welcome to WV.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:57:20 AM EDT
[#3]
WILD AND WONDERFUL...........I have a small getaway there right outside berkley springs.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:27:30 AM EDT
[#4]
In checking the requirements for training, I see this:

Any handgun training or safety course or class conducted by any branch of the United States military, reserve or national guard.

Does anybody know if a copy of my DD-214 that reflects my handgun qualification is sufficient?
Uncle never gave us a 'qualification certificate', so I'm wondering.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:39:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The wife and I are planning on leaving the People's Republic of Maryland and moving out towards Inwood.  Saw a great development out there and we're thinking of having a house built with completion around January.

Although anything is better than Maryland, I noticed WV seems to be pretty gun friendly.  Even with you guys sending Democrats to the US Senate every 6 years.  Packing.org stated that CCW is fine and there is even reciprocity with Virgina (where I work).  Any ideas on where I would go for certification to take to the CLEO?  How long you have to be a resident before you can apply?  Anything else I need to know?

Thanks

spring for the electric and indoor plumbing option.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:30:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Thanks

I work with a guy that selling a house in WV.  IM me if interested in his contact info.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:00:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
In checking the requirements for training, I see this:

Any handgun training or safety course or class conducted by any branch of the United States military, reserve or national guard.

Does anybody know if a copy of my DD-214 that reflects my handgun qualification is sufficient?
Uncle never gave us a 'qualification certificate', so I'm wondering.

Are you are asking if your DD-214 showing your pistol qual. will work for the NRA approved class for a WV permit.   I'm not sure, but I'll check and let you know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top