Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2004 2:04:19 PM EDT
Long story short, I was driving along on the Colonial Parkway and right at the Jamestown gate/cashier I saw a small doe. Being anxious to try out my new digicam on wildlife I snapped a few pics and as soon as I zoomed in on her I noticed that I could see her ribs. The closer I got (she was all but tame) the sicker she looked. I've posted a pic (5th post down) over on pre-ban www.pre-ban.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19491, have a look and let me know what you think. The original pic was 4mpx and 1.55MB so I couldn't upload it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:57:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Long story short, I was driving along on the Colonial Parkway and right at the Jamestown gate/cashier I saw a small doe. Being anxious to try out my new digicam on wildlife I snapped a few pics and as soon as I zoomed in on her I noticed that I could see her ribs. The closer I got (she was all but tame) the sicker she looked. I've posted a pic (5th post down) over on pre-ban www.pre-ban.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19491, have a look and let me know what you think. The original pic was 4mpx and 1.55MB so I couldn't upload it.

Can't see shit even though I'm logged in at Pre-ban.  Try hosting it on photobucket.com
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:20:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Over the next few weeks we will be upgrading our infrastructure to better serve our users.
Therefore we are currently not accepting new "free" accounts at this time. Please come back soon!

Lets try this...google this URL. If that doesn;t work search for "SquirrelSniper" in galleries.
http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo=216282
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Well if it is CWD it just means the next hunting season everyone will have a higher limit.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:00:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks gotM4, I tried to link it from hunt101 and saw a red X

Sickly looking deer. There's plenty of food available IMO that none of them should look like this right now.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Could be HD.  According to VDGIF it's common in SW VA.
www.dgif.state.va.us/hunting/va_game_wildlife/hd.html#What_Are_The_Signs_Of_HD
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:22:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Can People Become Infected with HD?

Humans are not at risk by handling infected deer, eating venison from infected deer, or being bitten by infected biting midges. However, deer that develop bacterial infections or abscesses secondary to HD may not be suitable for consumption.

From gotm4's link
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:39:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Can People Become Infected with HD?

Yes.  It makes your huevos fall off  ........................j/k!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top