Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2003 12:50:32 PM EDT
... there is about to be a number of kit for sale that may interest you.  FWRA on the FALfiles is about to offer up a bunch of heavy barrel kits.  He has not listed the country of origin, but they will not be the Israeli ones.  They are what are called the 50.41 configuration and are extremely rare.  The kits he will have are unissued parts!  They are not from de-milled rifles so condition will be beyond compare.  They may have scratches and dings from storage and shipping, but that's it.

Price has not been released yet, but my hunch is they will come in between $600 to $700.  

You may also want to consider buying a receiver now.  The DSA group buy goes on for another 2 weeks and FAC has all models IN STOCK.  Those Coonan receivers are hard to get but he has them for $200.  If you're thinking about a build in the next 12 months, pick one up now.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 3:51:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Pharkas!  I just dropped $400 in service to my Jeep, need to purchase Chirstmas gifts, and now I learn that FAC has the Coonans in.  [harumph]  I need to go over the financials again, and may be calling Tim to see if he can take another one for me.

[sigh]  So much pain for a hobby.  

I'll definitely be out on the HB kits, as they are much too expensive for me right now.  I couldn't find a picture based on the model he gave, though.  You have a link to any pics?
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:45:31 PM EDT
[#2]
How about this:

Link Posted: 12/20/2003 1:22:17 AM EDT
[#3]
i want one
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 11:24:32 AM EDT
[#4]
This one is actually painful for me to look at.  I just finished the Izzy HB and there is absolutely no reason I should get this one.  It does look more kewl than the Izzy to me.  I'm going to reluctantly pass on it, but only because I have the Izzy.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 4:56:30 PM EDT
[#5]
No way, man.  That Izzy was definitely a beautiful piece of work.

I'm curious to see what will be the final look of those.

BTW--Saw a "last one, no more ever!" Imbel kit today at the show for (get this) $239!  Maybe I should get it!  I mean, last one!  Last!  No more...ever!  [shake head]  [sigh]

Only thing I have found so far is some ammo.  They have decent (comparatively priced) Aussie and Port by the case.  I think I'll bring home a case of Aussie to feed my new monster.

And got in touch with Tim (DeGoffs).  Considering one of those Coonan's if Harlan still has them in stock.  Coonan...STG kit from the group buy...May be a lightweight in the future.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:53:15 PM EDT
[#6]
These things looks cool but not real practical for self-defense or hunting.  

Cool range blaster - if the price is cheap enough I may get one but I suspect they will be expensive.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 12:52:47 PM EDT
[#7]
squib, what gunshow was that? I just came from bealton and didn't see any fal kits, not that i need to look for them they seem to follow me home.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:58:53 PM EDT
[#8]
For anyone thinking of building one of these heavy barrel monsters, all I have to say is.....GO FOR IT!!!!!
I got to shoot Cliffy109's HB FAL recently and it was way fun. Prone using bipod and a trilux scope at 100yds and I just pulled on that trigger and let loose. Woohoo kept my target in sight during the whole mag dump. The weight on that bad boy makes it feel like your shooting a heavy .223. No recoil that I felt and I hit paper with every single round.
Thank's for letting me shoot her Cliffy.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:27:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
squib, what gunshow was that? I just came from bealton and didn't see any fal kits, not that i need to look for them they seem to follow me home.

Curt, that was in Salem, VA.  I volunteered for the VCDL table down here while visiting family.  One table had quite a bit of FAL stuff, which is odd for most of the shows that I go to.  I rarely see anything FAL, maybe one rifle, but usually only one CETME.  Anyway, his merchandise was quite high.  Mags for $10 which resembled the $3 TAPCO mags that even other tables had for $3-4.

I was surprised to see several FALs come into the door for private sale/trade.  Unfortunately I didn't get to look at them, as the holidays have me strapped for cash and I have little willpower.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:00:57 AM EDT
[#10]
OK... range report here.  As Whisper mentioned, we had the Izzy out yesterday.  I still haven't wiped the grin off my face!  It is the most impractical rifle I own, but it is also the most fun at the range.  Firing from prone, I was able to keep 10 shots within about a 5" circle at 100 yards... while pulling the trigger just as fast as possible.  It was almost a bump fire rate!

Damn that was fun!
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:18:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I think I've got this figured out.  FWRA has been getting Argentine barrels and para kits for the last 8 months or so.  Now, he has heavy barrels coming but is refusing to discuss details until he sees them.  Well, take a look at this picture.  It is an Armscorp brochure ffrom several years ago.  Armscorp was importing the Argie variants and if you note the one on the far right... we now know they made an H-bar.  Furthermore, Splattermatic on the files does know what it is and he already told us it will have a type 3 receiver.  That is the only one the Argies ever made.

Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:02:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Mmmm..  Need more kits...

And more money.  

Does anyone make a belt-feed mechanism for these guys?  Belt feed on an H-BAR would be pretty darn cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top