Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2003 11:56:19 AM EDT
I'll be there at about 5:30 to function test my new build projects.  Anybody else want to come?

Link Posted: 7/8/2003 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a "probably" but I'm oncall so you can never tell...

I'll have a buzzcut with red peltor earmuffs.  Stop by and say hi.  Given that you're shooting all your new FALs I'll bring mine.  I have an stg58 with Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 5:02:51 AM EDT
[#2]
novagator and I were talking about hitting the range today, I can be there around 6pm.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 5:40:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll be easy to spot.  I'll be the guy with the three FALs.  I'll either have a big dopey grin or tears in my eyes depending on how things go with the new toys.  Unless I can get out early, I'll be there at 5:30.

Motopix, bring that STG!  I'd love to take a look at the Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 9:50:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Motopix, bring that STG!  I'd love to take a look at the Aimpoint.

I will try.  I was up until 4a.m. on a call so I'm kinda dragging.

There, I've set the excuse for my poor shooting.

I have the CompML2 on their 'regular' ring attached to a Tapco receiver cover.  The Aimpoint sits really, really close to the receiver cover but does not touch.  You can just barely cowitness the iron sites in the bottom of the Aimpoint.  I but it on to play around but ended up leaving it I liked it so much.

Maybe see you tonight, if not - soon.
Good luck on the function testing tonight in either case.

Jeff
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 5:08:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Well I didn't make it between the storms, traffic, and my wifes car troubles I had to bail. Maybe next week.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 6:41:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I didn't make it either...job search and all.

Going to Chicago for a 2nd interview, hope to have a job by Monday.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 6:55:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I didn't make it either...job search and all.

Going to Chicago for a 2nd interview, hope to have a job by Monday.

In Chicago??
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 7:07:57 AM EDT
[#8]
No, just the interview
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 8:17:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Cliffy, I like the rifle in the center of your picture.  What's the story on that one?  Was it a self-build or off the shelf?
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 2:34:49 PM EDT
[#10]
The middle one is my lightweight build.  Coonan receiver, Imbel barrel cut to 17", Tapco hand guards, DSA aluminum lower, top cover and T48 trigger guard and Penguin economy butt stock.  It weighs in at 7.75 pounds with an empty aluminum mag.

It is my favorite of the batch, including the pre-ban para.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top