Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2003 7:55:51 PM EDT
Hey All

We need to arrange a good old lead fest in Central Va that the NoVA and Tidewater guys can get to equally.

What do you guys think and what range could we take over for a Saturday afternoon that would work with us?

Let me know. I'ld be glad to do a little leg work to help make this happen.

Jeff
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:30:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Calling Blackfox....
Calling Blackfox....
Is it almost that time of year again????????
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:52:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Rumor has it that Black Fox might have one in the Fall.

The problem is trying to find a place Centrally located to every one.

If we can find a place the rest would fall into place.

Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:12:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Isn't Hite Hollow about the same distance from everyone?

Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:26:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds good, like a full day, cook out, etc? With some advanced planning I should be able to get there.

Mark
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 11:49:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Well I have never broached the subject but Black creek might be willing to let us do that for a little cash and a few of us here are already members.

Any other clubs around Richmond that would put up with us for a slight fee?

Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:05:56 PM EDT
[#6]
While we are kicking this around how about we have it on a Sunday. I know a lot of guys here who work every Saturday.

I go to church every Sunday but if you guy would give me 30 minutes to teach my Sunday school lesson to you I think I could make a Sunday to.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:15:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
While we are kicking this around how about we have it on a Sunday. I know a lot of guys here who work every Saturday.

I go to church every Sunday but if you guy would give me 30 minutes to teach my Sunday school lesson to you I think I could make a Sunday to.

So when you are teaching; do we actually have to listen??
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So when you are teaching; do we actually have to listen??

Only when where loading Mags.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:57:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd be up for this, but you'd have to let me bring my M1A as well.

Alex
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 12:37:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm down for a Sat shoot, I watch my son on Sundays.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:57:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Saturday would be best for me, I work Sunday.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:10:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone know if we could use this place.

Cavalier Rifle and Pistol Club

I have been to this site outside of Richmond once. Nice site, they host IDPA and GSSF matches.

Templar, any idea??
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:34:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm not a member of Cavalier, but I'm slotted for an opening next year.  I do know the president of the club very well, and a few of the members there that shoot IDPA are also board members.

If there is any club in the "area" that would be willing to host something like this, Cavalier is it.

There is no way K.C. Young would agree to let all us nasty black gun guys on his range (Black Creek), and if he did, there would be no rapid fire allowed, and it would be stifiling to say the least.

I will start asking around if this is something that could happen.  Bear in mind though that the schedule is kind of tight in the summer because of various scheduled matches.

I would greatly appreciate a Sunday shoot since I work just about every Saturday.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#14]
The shoots at Blackfox's are usually around Sept/October.   With all the building going on around his area, I don't know how much longer he will be able to have 'shoots'.  

You all missed a huge shoot 5-6 weeks ago at Hite Hollow.  Blasted a hole case of Tannerite and about 20 pounds of flour.  Not all at once.

At long as the shoot doesn't conflict with Bulletfest, I'm in.

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:58:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd love to join Cavalier as it's fairly close to me, but I've pretty much got no chance.  If Templar (with all his contacts through work or otherwise) has taken years to get high enough on the list, a no-contact-fool like myself would end up waiting too long to even consider it a viable option.

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:17:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm game, but I would have to agree that KC would have a stroke if he heard more than one round ever 10 seconds......
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:53:23 AM EDT
[#17]
This seems to be going by the way side. Anyone with updates on a possible where to?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:54:35 PM EDT
[#18]
I'll try to talk to the prez of Cavalier next time I see him, which should be pretty soon.

Link Posted: 6/14/2003 6:02:12 AM EDT
[#19]
I am just posting in here so I can look back later.

You all don't mind one of your northern neighbors come to shoot do ya?
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 6:15:43 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I am just posting in here so I can look back later.

You all don't mind one of your northern neighbors come to shoot do ya?

Nah if we let a guy from NJ well let anyone!  
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Ok I am sick of needing a place for shoots and not having access to one nearby me so, I have talked my father-in-law into purchasing property in Kinge George's county. Hah, we are now on the prowl for 10-50 acres with access to the water for our boat. Top requirement is that we be allowed to shoot. Realtor knows the requirements and we are officially looking for property.

May take a while but it's gonna be there for the long run. Look forward to having you all over in the future for shoots.
Nick
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:47:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Sweet W300!

Look forward to it if/when it happens.

--LS
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:39:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Nah if we let a guy from NJ well let anyone!  

Hey, I resemble that remark!

M4, I've braved the trip to a Fox shoot twice and I'd be proud to be the '(spit) you ain't from around here' guy with ya!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:53:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Try this Whisper, it is a nice range in King George. 100 and 200 yds and is usually empty except when hunting season rolls around.

I know it doesn't meet your boating needs, but growing up here I can sympathize with the lack of places to shoot.
vatrap.com/vta34.htm

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:32:36 PM EDT
[#25]
I'd like to get in on this shoot also. The cookout idea sounds good too. Any chance of full auto?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 10:55:23 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Try this Whisper, it is a nice range in King George. 100 and 200 yds and is usually empty except when hunting season rolls around.

I know it doesn't meet your boating needs, but growing up here I can sympathize with the lack of places to shoot.
vatrap.com/vta34.htm

Actually my in-laws would like to retire here.
They will be building a home on the property.
My Father-in-law is an avid upland bird hunter and saltwater fisherman. He likes to shoot skeet and trap  so he wants a  property large enough for him to train his dogs and set up his own skeet/trap range.
We are a full 3 yeras out before the actual move, but he wants the property NOW. So I figure if it fits hes shooting requirements it should satisfy mine too. Since I am doing all the legwork looking for an appropriate hoem site to satisfy his needs I figure he won't have much issue with me using it in the interim. So hopefully we will have somewhere to go hogwild on, at leats till we build the house.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top