Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2022 8:26:53 PM EDT
These new SC decisions have opened up some interesting pathways.

I'm wondering if, given the ATFs stance on cans being "firearms" and other fuckery, if there would be some chances opening up to bring a challenge to the state of IL on blanket bans on cans and SBRs.

I know there's a workaround for SBRs with a C&R license, but there's no way at all to get a silencer legally.

There's got to be something that can be done to at least bring us up to the federal infringement levels. I'm not sure what it would take, but I'd love to hear a lawyers perspective on this.

What would it take to challenge these restrictions in court, without being a test case yourself.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 12:01:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Our heads are about to splode with all these powerful rulings!!!
I can see us literally running out of lawyers.  
We are working on a ghost gun challenge as we speak...
When we were Rauner's 2A advisors, we were actually able to get some movement on ISP issues.  We would explain how we would absolutely beat them in court and at that time, they said they were tired of losing.  It would be nice if we could just negotiate some of the low hanging fruit and not have to do court battles over everything.  Their side will have a hard time defending their old position of "we don't feel safe" with people having and carrying guns.  This is more than a ray of sunshine for gun rights!
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 5:09:00 AM EDT
[#2]
What I really want in IL is SBS and AOW in addition to suppressors.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 2:26:31 PM EDT
[#3]
What would the most effective way to challenge these blanket NFA bans? Separately, individually? I feel like the time is right, I just have no idea where one would even begin.

I just want quiet pew pews
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 11:09:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Also interested in the silencer piece. The fact that there is NO mechanism at all seems like a Federal-level 2A case - but I have neither the time nor the money to be the test case.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 9:41:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 2:55:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I feel there would be a compelling case for suppressors.  Seems there would be an audio health and noise pollution aspect that could be brought out too.  Movies have made the legislative folks on both sides think that silencers do just that.  These lawsuits are being considered by all.  Just figuring the best path is important.  We don't want to play our hand poorly and lose!

"Huckleberry",,,HMMMMM!
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:57:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

You are known here as a guy who can execute. What would it look like? Assuming that we are not the 1) unjustly charged defendant in a criminal case, nor 2) Soros-level funded SJW - how would we use the legal system to remove suppressors from the banned list in IL?
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 10:05:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I will sue them.
View Quote

What do you require?
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I will sue them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You are known here as a guy who can execute. What would it look like? Assuming that we are not the 1) unjustly charged defendant in a criminal case, nor 2) Soros-level funded SJW - how would we use the legal system to remove suppressors from the banned list in IL?

I will sue them.

I am encouraged that a proactive suit is an option. I thought perhaps we would need an active criminal case before the legal system would agree that 'redress' is warranted. This is good news!

Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you require?

Well, if anyone wants a suppressor and lives in southern illinois, and want to be a part of it, that would be great. Though I am working with some others at the moment, the more the merrier!

"Yes" to want but "No" to residence location. That said, is there a way I can help?
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 7:46:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:19:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Suppressor lawsuit has been filed.

https://www.theintelligencer.com/news/article/Lawsuit-challenges-states-near-ban-on-17413355.php
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 1:35:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://www.theintelligencer.com/news/article/Lawsuit-challenges-states-near-ban-on-17413355.php
View Quote

??
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

A man can dream.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 2:14:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Our heads are about to splode with all these powerful rulings!!!
I can see us literally running out of lawyers.  
We are working on a ghost gun challenge as we speak...
When we were Rauner's 2A advisors, we were actually able to get some movement on ISP issues.  We would explain how we would absolutely beat them in court and at that time, they said they were tired of losing.  It would be nice if we could just negotiate some of the low hanging fruit and not have to do court battles over everything.  Their side will have a hard time defending their old position of "we don't feel safe" with people having and carrying guns.  This is more than a ray of sunshine for gun rights!
View Quote

@SwanHunter

Good news on the ghost gun front, I hope the challenge you are working on is going well and that this ruling helps it out tremendously.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/FPC-VICTORY-Federal-Judge-Blocks-Delaware-Ban-on-Self-Built-Firearm-Possession-Home-Manufacturing/5-2588603/
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 7:57:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

@bt1743 - does this eventually get published and assigned an ID? I'm thinking of SCOTUS docket IDs - is there a corollary for this type of complaint in IL ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top