User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:53:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone have experience with GP Knives in Troy, or Adams International in Edwardsville?
View Quote
No experience but I seem to recall some people over on illinoiscarry saying good things about both.

http://www.gpknives.com

http://www.adamsknifeworks.com/store/index.php
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:18:49 PM EDT
[#2]
How does this relate to out of state visitors? 
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:37:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Since a non-resident can't have a FOID, I think they're still out of luck.

Larry
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:42:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
No experience but I seem to recall some people over on illinoiscarry saying good things about both.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone have experience with GP Knives in Troy, or Adams International in Edwardsville?
I'll give them a shot then.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:04:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I ordered a few to sell at the New Berlin gun show this weekend. Not sure if anyone else will have them though?
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:25:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How does this relate to out of state visitors? 
View Quote
I assume it will be treated the same as firearm for non-resident.  Since they can't get FOID, they are ok as long as they aren't a prohibited person.

Not 100% sure but, that would be my take on it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:41:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Good vendor to deal with, I have bought several from them at their retail store.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:42:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
I placed an order with Adams on Monday 8/14 at lunchtime. My order was at my home on Thursday 8/17 when I got home from work.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:27:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I ordered one of These for $35 shipped. 
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:31:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Good vendor to deal with, I have bought several from them at their retail store.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I placed an order with Adams on Monday 8/14 at lunchtime. My order was at my home on Thursday 8/17 when I got home from work.
Similar experience with GP Knives. Placed order Tuesday afternoon and arrived Friday morning. Adams is another that I will use in the future.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:09:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Nothing in the bill mentions blade length...
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nothing in the bill mentions blade length...
View Quote
Correct.   Which would make me assume all of the local ordinances regarding blade length still apply, as do the local muni codes around sales and possession as there is no preemption in the bill.

Having said that I haven't heard of anyone getting charged with those violations.   My guess is these get thrown in as pile on charges if you've already got something going on with an LE stop.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:21:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would also give Adams a thumbs up!  
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks.  Looks like 3 inches still max?

720 ILCS 5/33A-1
2) A Category I weapon is a handgun, sawed-off shotgun, sawed-off rifle, any other firearm small enough to be concealed upon the person, semiautomatic firearm, or machine gun. A Category II weapon is any other rifle, shotgun, spring gun, other firearm, stun gun or taser as defined in paragraph (a) of Section 24-1 of this Code, knife with a blade of at least 3 inches in length, dagger, dirk, switchblade knife, stiletto, axe, hatchet, or other deadly or dangerous weapon or instrument of like character. As used in this subsection (b) "semiautomatic firearm" means a repeating firearm that utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round and that requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:34:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thanks.  Looks like 3 inches still max?

720 ILCS 5/33A-1
2) A Category I weapon is a handgun, sawed-off shotgun, sawed-off rifle, any other firearm small enough to be concealed upon the person, semiautomatic firearm, or machine gun. A Category II weapon is any other rifle, shotgun, spring gun, other firearm, stun gun or taser as defined in paragraph (a) of Section 24-1 of this Code, knife with a blade of at least 3 inches in length, dagger, dirk, switchblade knife, stiletto, axe, hatchet, or other deadly or dangerous weapon or instrument of like character. As used in this subsection (b) "semiautomatic firearm" means a repeating firearm that utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round and that requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge.
View Quote
Many of those codes have a qualifying phrase about "criminal intent" fortunately, but in general it is 3";however, places like Chicago have a 2.5" law on the books so ymmv as to if criminal intent is presumed.  Loves Park has a 1.5" limit on their books

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top