Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2015 3:20:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 4:44:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh, hell with Chicago B-S, come on down here to Maryville. You can stay at the Quite Valley Motel and I'll buy you dinner.

(looking for the brown nose face....don't see it.)
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Portillo's combo sammich easy dipped with hot peppers! fries, tamale and chocolate cake shake for the win!!! it will change your life for the better!
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 6:59:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.foodrepublic.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/enlarge/chicago%20sandwich.JPG

Portillo's combo sammich easy dipped with hot peppers! fries, tamale and chocolate cake shake for the win!!! it will change your life for the better!
View Quote

Who needs a colon
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 9:26:39 PM EDT
[#4]
You can see homeless people, hang out in the airport lobby, watch awful traffic
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 9:35:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Looks like I'm going to Chicago. More than likely stay at the Marriott by the airport.
View Quote

When are you coming and how long will you be in town?  There are two Portillos within a few miles drive from Midway: there's one by Archer & Harlem just outside the city limits in Summit, and there's one in Oak Lawn by 95th & Pulaski.  There is also a Giordano's right on 63rd & Cicero.  To be honest, though, if you're looking for fine dining, the Midway area isn't the first place to go looking.  The area east of Midway has been on a downward trend the last 15 years.  The area west of Midway is better, but it's largely residential and filled with Senior citizens, police & firemen.

It will be pretty damn cold here too for the next week or so.  

Closest gun ranges that I have actually visited are Midwest which is at 1st Ave and Plainfield Rd in Lyons, and Rink's on Archer Ave. just past I-355 in Lockport.

Link Posted: 1/6/2015 11:24:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Midway is pretty shitty in the things to do category.  I could tell you about a dozen in the O'Hare area.
Just be careful, easy to make a wrong turn into ghettoland along Cicero Ave. in some stretches.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 11:45:53 PM EDT
[#7]
When I was younger and dumber we used to go to Summit for tacos or burritos at

El Famous or El Farole.  Right by Midway at I-55.  Not the nicest neighborhood.  That

was 20 years ago, and I'm not sure if it has gotten better or worse.  We never had any

issues.

I would go to the Check Please! website and search by nearby neighborhoods. It's a TV

show here, and I think video reviews can be viewed on the site.  link

Link Posted: 1/7/2015 2:28:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Midway is pretty shitty in the things to do category.  I could tell you about a dozen in the O'Hare area.

Just be careful, easy to make a wrong turn into ghettoland along Cicero Ave. in some stretches.
View Quote

You've gotta travel quite a few miles down Cicero to end up in the ghetto since the Leclaire Courts projects were torn down.  Heading east on 55th, 59th, or 63rd St. is a different story.

Link Posted: 1/7/2015 3:42:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
http://www.foodrepublic.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/enlarge/chicago%20sandwich.JPG

View Quote

lord I miss portillos. Cheesy beef and fries, strawberry shake
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 9:27:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 11:00:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Palermo's on 95th and Cicero would be a good choice.

Decent area good 'zaa.

http://www.palermos95th.com/
Google map

Avoid Ford City mall just south of the airport.

Link Posted: 1/10/2015 9:24:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Lion_of_Lincoln nailed it.  Not much going on, very few decent restaurants.

Vinces Pizza at 6217 W. 63rd Street was my local growing up.  Still pretty good, thin crust.
Across the street is Parisi's drive-in, 6216 W 63rd St.  Stand up counter, cash only.  Their beef sandwich is amazing, as is the Italian steak sandwich.

You definitely have no business east of Midway.

If you have time stop by Bobak's Sausage at 5275 S. Archer Ave.
Bring home some Maxwell style polish.  Everyone will know it's in your luggage because they will smell the garlic.

Link Posted: 1/10/2015 3:11:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Try hitting Giordano's Pizza. It's only a couple blocks from the Marriott. It's debatable...but I think they have the best stuffed pizza in the city.

6314 S. CICERO
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 11:46:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Isn't Vito & Nicks close?
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 4:41:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 4:58:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Changing my mind. Thinking about staying at this place instead.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/chiax-hotel-chicago-downtown-autograph-collection/

View Quote

Portillo's, half a mile walk.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:27:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:54:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not exactly.  82nd and Pulaski.  If Bama doesn't have a car during the trip it's not easy to get to unless you take a few busses.  

Lots to eat at downtown Bama.  Enjoy! Gino's East is my favorite for pizza but Lou Malnati's is good too(tried it with the GF a few weeks back.)
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:37:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Not exactly.  82nd and Pulaski.  If Bama doesn't have a car during the trip it's not easy to get to unless you take a few busses.  

Lots to eat at downtown Bama.  Enjoy! Gino's East is my favorite for pizza but Lou Malnati's is good too(tried it with the GF a few weeks back.)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's only 4.2 miles!!! Thats close where I live

Definitely Portillo's!!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#20]
So was Bama at the Marriott last night?

Seems some guests were goofing off on the roof...

http://abc7chicago.com/news/marriott-responds-to-daredevil-stunt/476466/
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:09:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Fuck that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So was Bama at the Marriott last night?

Seems some guests were goofing off on the roof...

http://abc7chicago.com/news/marriott-responds-to-daredevil-stunt/476466/

Fuck that.

Damn wish I had seen this earlier.  Your in my hood.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:45:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top