Not quite sure how to hot link it...
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:57:46 AM EDT
[#2]
nevermind, got beat to the punch
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:50:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Holy Cow Batman!! Just more fuel for the AWB. I wounder why this hasn't made the news yet? While  I feel for the kid I defently want to smack him hard.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:08:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Well they attached a map - the idiot was firing his weapon within 1 klick of what looks like a subdivision.  Hmmm...I wonder if any soccer moms saw all that neato tracer firing and had flash backs of being in Beirut 1982!!  

It doesn't help the 2nd amendment cause...lucky it didn't make the tribune or suntimes...lucky he didn't accidentally hit a house...i suppose i'd have to get in line to      that kid!

All together now.....
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:24:25 PM EDT
[#5]
That paint ball range is about 3 miles from me.

That is about as big a goof as I can think of ,short of using the Gurnee Mills parking lot after hours.
He asked for advice a little too late.

Future Darwin award winner. (he'll probably fit in here just fine)

JR

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:54:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Well at least he didn't catch a bullet when he walked toward the LEO's after being in the woods in the dark, firing off tracers.Can any one say don't advertise if your being a bad boy? To me its like robbing a bank wiht BDU's with name tapes on them. And did anyone ever tell him tracers are illegal in IL? When I moved back to IL from the service I stopped at a range and shot off all my evil tracer,armor pericing and sold my evil supressor. I live in Bartlett (Cook County) and am certified by the state to carry a rifle,shot gun, and pistol in the performance of my dutys(Security Officer), and i dont keep my rifles here i keep them out at my mothers (Lasalle County). What I'm geting at with this long winded thing is with a little thinking this kid could have saved him self alot of hassle.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:46:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I couldnt believe the level of stupidity displayed ny that dumbass. When I read the post I first thought he was shooting downstate someplace. I am also surprised that incident didnt make the news.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe the policemen and women there are also sick of Blago's compulsive gun ban policy.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:56:51 PM EDT
[#9]
 Quoted:
lucky he didn't accidentally hit a house...  

Whats to say they didnt? Maybe no one has found  a hit yet; in there house, car, or waht ever. The more I think about it the more I think he should lose his AR maybe till 21? Or made to take  a few saftey classes.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:30:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Maybe the policemen and women there are also sick of Blago's compulsive gun ban policy.

I know I am.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:50:25 AM EDT
[#11]
I have heard it said a couple of times with regard to this thread that tracers are illegal in Illinois.

1.  Is this true?
2.  If so, why is this the case (can you point to the reasoning and or statute)?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:27:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have heard it said a couple of times with regard to this thread that tracers are illegal in Illinois.

1.  Is this true?
2.  If so, why is this the case (can you point to the reasoning and or statute)?
Thanks!

Who knows the reason for any law in IL heYETbut there trying), armor pericing, and supressors I guess they just watch to many movies. I did a look for the statute and couldnt find anything about tracers. Maybe there not illegal! I could be wrong maybe one of the other guys know were the statute is. I tried Findlaw as wells as a copy of the criminal code from 2002 and came up busted both times.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:23:03 PM EDT
[#13]
It just makes me so angry.
Of all the times some 18 year old kid had to go and pull some shit like this, it had to be with an AR15 and during a time when the IL AWB is a very real thing...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:06:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I really dont know what to say.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:36:26 AM EDT
[#15]
AFIK, tracers are legal in IL.

FWIW, I just did a search of the entire Illinois Code and had no hits for "tracers".  Only two hits for "tracer" within 25 of "ammunition" and those were irrelevant.  ("traces of other substances")
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:51:46 AM EDT
[#16]
I shudder to think what my dad would have done to me if I'd done something like that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:14:21 PM EDT
[#17]
The kid seems genuinely sorry for what he did.That aside.What a fuckin moron!
Taking weapons to a paintball range in a populated area is just beyond words.
And the map on the thread shows residences were clearly within range of those rifles.
Gun ownwers in Illinois just don't need shit like this right now.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:47:48 AM EDT
[#18]
He's stupid no doubt.

The Gurnee PD should spend more time sending the "tourists" at Gurnee Mills back to Waukegan and North Chicago.

I'm sure this was huge excitement for the Gurnee PD. They got to put BDU's on, they got to get their AR's out. Whoopee!!! Just like on Law and Order guys!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:21:39 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

The Gurnee PD should spend more time sending the "tourists" at Gurnee Mills back to Waukegan and North Chicago.

I get it. You mean black people ...right?

JR
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:03:54 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I get it. You mean black people ...right?

JR

WOW! How can you blame the LEO for doing their job? The kids are very lucky they were only charged with what they were charged with. If some one is sending some down range im my nebiorhood by law I can't respond, if I do I'm going looking for a fight and self defence is out the window. While yes there are Very Bad LEO most of the guys (and girls)that put on a vest and go out and show up to the unknown call of  gunfire are decent hard working people. Like this kid when an LEO screws up I blame the guy not the group.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:46:20 AM EDT
[#21]
+1 for the LEO's

By the way, why did that thread get locked?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:22:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
+1 for the LEO's

By the way, why did that thread get locked?

I'm not sure I can only guess it was because of the foul language and personal attacks.

I was also wondering, the kid is from the area why hasn't he discussed it in the local boards?

While I still want to smack him for his stupidity, I want to praise him for his thinking in laying down his rifle and not being a smart ass when he figured it out was the  cops.

I think if he wants his rifle back he should complete a fire arms saftey class and a rifle training class before they give it back to him.

I hope this young man will take his mistake and impart his new found wisdom on his future actions.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:36:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I was just driving by that kids Paintball/Shooting gallery on my way to an ACTUAL RIFLE RANGE.  And I had to go an view that thread again.

I can see why the kid chose it.

I mean, its way closer to the house. Actual Rifle Ranges are inconveniently located and do not have all those cool paintball baricades to play... I mean train on. Actual Rifle Ranges have all those big berms and backstops with like... rules and stuff. Plus they are rarely open at 11:00pm when all the good shooting is.

OPP.  ( personal note; I did fuck Lisa Velasquez in high school and you were right. It was mistake)

I hope you chastized that goober into therapy. It was a guilty pleasure reading the flames. To bad you can't chew his parents out too. I'm trying to imagine being 18 again and explaing to My Mom and Dad where I was going on a Saturday night with the AR15 they just let me buy ( yeah right ) and a few hundred rounds of ammo.

JR
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
OPP.  ( personal note; I did fuck Lisa Velasquez is high school and you were right. It was mistake)

She didn't happen to live in Naperville did she?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top