Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2005 5:26:20 PM EDT
hey Wizzo,
I ordered a new Foxpro FX3 that will be her next week. I can't wait to get it. Have you had any luck yet?? I am seeing them all around the ride park at the Buffalo Range. A local farmer has lost 20 sheep since July to coyotes. I think New Years I will try to remedy some of his problem!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:58:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:44:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Can I go?  My trigger finger itches. :)
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:12:57 PM EDT
[#3]
After riding at Buffalo (and getting lost once or twice), I'm not surprised that there's a couple coyotes back there.

I saw 3 on Monday.......of course, I was crusing down the road at 60 going to another spot to call some.

Too bad they were about 800yds out in the field......if only I would have had my M14 on me instead of my M4

Still no luck, but I have a feeling I'm getting closer. This is the first time I've seen more than just tracks so I figure my luck is bound to change sooner or later

If ya can, whack one for me

WIZZO
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:32:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
hey Wizzo,
I ordered a new Foxpro FX3 that will be her next week. I can't wait to get it. Have you had any luck yet?? I am seeing them all around the ride park at the Buffalo Range. A local farmer has lost 20 sheep since July to coyotes. I think New Years I will try to remedy some of his problem!

If you ever need a hand, I am for sure in. I love Coyotes.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:36:23 AM EDT
[#5]
The buggers are everywhere.
I had one casually cross the street in front of my car in Lansing one morning @ 3am.
Kinda like that scene in Collateral.....spooky.

ckmorley
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:04:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeppers...across the street from me is a wide open area of land that is a utility throughway and I and other neighbors have seen packs of them on occasion roamong the yards.....
Can you simply shoot them? No license etc?? just curious...not that I would do that in incorporated Schaumburg of course....
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:43:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
hey Wizzo,

Need any help?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:00:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yeppers...across the street from me is a wide open area of land that is a utility throughway and I and other neighbors have seen packs of them on occasion roamong the yards.....
Can you simply shoot them? No license etc?? just curious...not that I would do that in incorporated Schaumburg of course....

You do need a hunting license to shoot them even though the season in Illinois is year round.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:38:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You do need a hunting license to shoot them even though the season in Illinois is year round.

But no bag limit correct?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:39:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is right Patriot. No limit and no season.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:41:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is right Patriot. No limit and no season.

Man Patriot really wants to go. Think we could organize an IL ARFCOM Coyote hunting club? Isn't there a nature area or something like that where you can also hunt yotes down there?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe I can work something up around here. You need tons of ground to hunt in a group. I will start beggin' the local land owners.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:30:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Maybe I can work something up around here. You need tons of ground to hunt in a group. I will start beggin' the local land owners.

No ya don't... hunt side by side... points go to the guy who sees/shoots a tango first.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:17:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

That would be absolutely wonderful. Thank you Brass-Hog. Merry Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:03:19 AM EDT
[#15]
That would be cool....never done any hunting...always wanted to tho....all my shooting has been on a range......... well there was that one time when.......
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:04:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey brass-hog, where did you get your FoxPro from?

I've been shopping around for a 416LR, but the $400 price tag is scaring me off a little.

Thanks,

WIZZO
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:01:20 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Hey brass-hog, where did you get your FoxPro from?

I've been shopping around for a 416LR, but the $400 price tag is scaring me off a little.

Thanks,

WIZZO

I ordered it direct before I ever heard about allpredatorcalls.com. It is cheaper to go throgh them then Foxpro direct.  Mines supposed to be here today.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:24:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Does anyone know of any public lands in the area that can be hunted for Coyote?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:29:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Kankakee River State Park, according to IL-DNR website.

ckmorley
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:06:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, but no rifle other than .22 on public lands.  Shotgun is ok I think.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:16:22 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Yeah, but no rifle other than .22 on public lands.  Shotgun is ok I think.

My AR is a .22

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:56:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, I gone and done something dumb.......

I just ordered a FoxPro 416 w/o remote (couldn't justify the extra $150 right now and I heard they were upgradable).

I ordered straight from FoxPro because allpredatorcalls.com is backordered on everything 3 weeks and they didn't have the non-remote model.

Their website said it will be here in 2-6 days

On another note, I called in my first coyote at 3:15 A.M. this morning....I thought he was 160-180yds out......he must have been around 225-250yds out though........I missed

He wouldn't come any closer because he was directly downwind.

Man, what a rush!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:03:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:13:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Well, I gone and done something dumb.......

I just ordered a FoxPro 416 w/o remote (couldn't justify the extra $150 right now and I heard they were upgradable).

I ordered straight from FoxPro because allpredatorcalls.com is backordered on everything 3 weeks and they didn't have the non-remote model.

Their website said it will be here in 2-6 days

On another note, I called in my first coyote at 3:15 A.M. this morning....I thought he was 160-180yds out......he must have been around 225-250yds out though........I missed

He wouldn't come any closer because he was directly downwind.

Man, what a rush!

I hear you Wizzo!! I took my FX3 out for 2 sets on Sat. morning. I called in a red fox using a jackrabbit sound on the first set. I didn't want to shoot him. They are getting really scarce around here. It went right up to the bush I had the caller in about 50 yards upwind from my set. I hit the mute button on my remote and he got bored and left. I called in a coyote on the second set using a woodpecker in distress sound but got busted raising my rifle. These things work great Wizzo. You won't be disappointed. By the way. What type of light are using for night hunitng!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:23:00 PM EDT
[#25]
You're gonna love this.

I'll go take a pic of it.

Ok here it is. Your average run of the mill 2 million CP spotlight.

It didn't come with any filters or anything so I had to make my own. A trip to Wal*Mart and a roll of "rose" saran wrap is all it took. I have 3 layers of it between the rubber ring and the clear lense on front.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:24:40 PM EDT
[#26]
I think you are going to be waiting longer then 3 to 5 days. They are one month behind on orders right now.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:35:12 PM EDT
[#27]
You guys use ball or soft point ammo for coyotes?  If soft point, any particular kind?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:43:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:53:45 PM EDT
[#29]
And I'm sure now that you have a press you'll be loading up some super nasty Cody-customs.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:53:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Cody, I wasn't that enterprising.....I got this for Christmas and my Mom said it only cost $12

I have Wolf 62gr HP (believe it or not, they don't group too bad at all; .75-1" at 50yds) for my 1/7-twist midlength and 55gr Ballistic tip reloads I got at the Princeton gunshow for my 1/9 twist M4gery.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:28:46 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
You're gonna love this.

I'll go take a pic of it.

Ok here it is. Your average run of the mill 2 million CP spotlight.

It didn't come with any filters or anything so I had to make my own. A trip to Wal*Mart and a roll of "rose" saran wrap is all it took. I have 3 layers of it between the rubber ring and the clear lense on front.
WIZZO

How do you hold that big hog and shoot at the same time? I have been using 45grn. Winchester white box also. I think I am switching to Hornady v-max when it is gone though.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:35:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Prop it up on my left knee while holding it in my left hand and hold the rifle in my other arm proped up on my other knee.

It gets a little complicated when you have to decide which you're gonna drop (light or rifle) to grab the call that is laying in your lap

WIZZO

EDIT: the 416B w/o the remote (the one I ordered) is supposed to ship in 2-6 days per their website. Their website says the 416B w/ remote ships in 2 weeks or something like that. Either way, I have 5 different calls I can use until it arrives, no matter how long that takes.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:31:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top