Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2005 11:12:48 AM EDT
Close friend of many years is at last thinking of getting an rifle.  I am from Indiana, so besides his having sometype firearms ID card and finding an in state dealer to get a lower from - any other legal issues to consider?

Would like to build up a stripped lower, if only for grins - who to check with for retail sales of lowers and even parts in Il (he is ~ 40 miles west of chicago but is on the road a lot).

Thanks
John
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Close friend of many years is at last thinking of getting an rifle.  I am from Indiana, so besides his having sometype firearms ID card and finding an in state dealer to get a lower from - any other legal issues to consider?

Would like to build up a stripped lower, if only for grins - who to check with for retail sales of lowers and even parts in Il (he is ~ 40 miles west of chicago but is on the road a lot).

Thanks
John

a few:
I recommend: www.RBPrecision.com - web based and a dealer here on AR15.com. Goes to the Kane County show often. RBP has a pre-packaged set of all parts you need to build up a stripped lower, except stock, which lets you pick exactly which one you want.

or

Brownells

as for local stores:
R Guns in Carpentersville - lots of AR15 stuff (sells lowers, too)
Gat Guns in Dundee - several AR15's in stock, not a huge parts dealer, but they have some. Mostly accessories.
Mega Sports in Plainfield - even less in the way of parts, but stocks RRA lowers.

Or best bet: gunshows either at Kane County or DuPage County fairgrounds. Links at www.isra.org/calendar
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 1:19:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#3]
What town is he in or near?
Best deal I've found on complete DPMS lowers around here is
www.rguns.net/009_page7.html
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:25:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Why not just buy online?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:10:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Parts might end up getting on line - the lower however is easier to get from a "local" dealer (i.e. someone with in several hours driving of St. Charles).

Regards
John
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:55:04 PM EDT
[#6]
www.rbprecision.com/

BIG +1 !
Robert and his Krista are great, hands down AR supporters and have great prices on there lowers.
Find out what you want...Lower, grip, stock, FCG, bla..., bla..., then call RB-Precision and tell them what you are looking for!  They will usualy quote you a price right over the phone!
If you are going to a show that they will be at you can usualy do the transaction right over the phone and pick up the lower at the show!
Robert got me exactly what I wanted for my RRA Lower, and I picked it up the following week at Kane!

Good luck!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow I use to many SMILEYS!
[
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:28:26 AM EDT
[#8]
++ for rbprecision great folks to do bisiness with...you're buddy will need to locate a dealer for the lower. 40 miles west of Chicago....Gun Doctor in Roselle is a great FFL for the transfer. mack
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:50:28 AM EDT
[#9]
[www.moshergunshop.com/

Great bunch of people to do business with!

Just south of Dekalb on Route 23 south bound, call ahead!

They have weird hours, mom and pop shop, very cool stuff, $20 transfers, and good prices for everything else! (Also they have some lowers in stock, just check with them)

Top Top