Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 11:26:39 AM EDT
Weather permitting, I'm going to the super secret location that you hear myself, Dennis, and a few other members mentioning from time to time.  If anyone would like to go...I can take a few people with.  Send me an IM, or give me a call, since most of you have my number.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:22:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh no ,,,,the super secret range.......Ill have to pack the bags and meet you there eta.....?

Batch114
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:37:38 PM EDT
[#2]
You better, I even called your phone and it went straight to voice mail.  I'm thinking saturday morning around 10...

You in?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:21:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I could probably make it... what county's it in?

How long's the range?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:47:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Marksman: I sent you an IM w/ my cell phone number, did you get it? Thanks, Andy
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:17:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Got all IM's, I'll respond to them when I get home.

Racine county....

Lets see...theres a 100,50-75,...500...and 600, and anywhere in between.

I typically go to the 100 if nobody else is there.  There are target stands, but you may need to bring cardboard for backers, and plenty of targets.  Oh...and all of your gear.  I repeat...ALL of your gear.  If you got vests, holsters...whatever...bring it.  We dont fuck around

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:22:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, gear is one thing I do have.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:34:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Ill be there as of now. Lots of gear, ammo, and guns. I think I'll bring the AR, G20, and some tannerite, and smoke grenades this time.

Anyone up for a tunnel run........, bring a flashlight and gas mask if you want to use the OC / CS

Batch114
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:52:49 PM EDT
[#8]
IM sent, hope I did it right..
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:07:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Dammit, I was all set on going shooting tomorrow and would even adjust my plans to head to the super secret range, but I just found out I have something I have to do on Saturday (can't say right now, but very worthwhile if it works out).

Marksman, good to see you post again- you must be pretty busy at ISU right now?

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:30:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Is this range in IL or WI?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:50:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey guys, sorry I didnt get a chance to call some of you guys, had a VERY hectic night.

IF YOU WANT TO GO...

My cell phone number is 847 602 3038.

The range is in Racine County WISCONSIN...from chicago...just take 94N to 7Mile road.  Go EAST on 7 MI road.

You take it almost all the way to the lake, and you will cross a few high ways...rail road tracks...and on the LEFT side, you will see a gravel road and a Racine County Line Rifle Club sign.  If you turn down that road, you will see a big locked orange gate about a 1/4 mile down.  You're in the right place.  

I will be arriving at the range at 10 30 traffic permitting... Since I have to lock the gate behind me, please make sure you get there before 10:30.  I have no problem driving out to come get you, but the less I have to do that...the better.  If I get there early, I will wait at the gate until 10 30.

If the weather looks good, I will be going, if its pouring out, I will NOT BE GOING.  If you have any questions, I will be up around 6:30 AM- CALL ME!!!!!  Planning on leaving the house at 8AM

If Algonquin happens to be on the way for you guys, feel free to ride up here and caravan with me.  Call the phone and I will provide directions, and make sure you can be here by 8AM.

That should do it.  Post up if you're going, or atleast call me to let me know, anytime after 6:30 AM. I'll check the board at midnight and at 630 when I wake up, but a call to let me know for sure would be great, so I know how many people to expect.  YOU CAN ALSO CALL ME TONIGHT anytime before midnight.

Scott

ALSO, anyone who IM'ed me is invited.  No need to wait til the next trip.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#12]
What can we bring for targets? I have some 3"x5"x6" blocks of oak that can take a few hits that I'll bring.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I can't make it there tomorrow. I will be there Sunday. A group of AR 15 guys from the WI board will also be there on Sun. 4:00pm

Sorry to miss out.

Marksman, what day are you doing deer site?

Batch114
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:14:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I have been dying to go to the 7mile range.

I'm in Gurnee and can make the time cut.

Can I come?

JR
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:14:48 PM EDT
[#15]
racecar, you're welcome to go. Just show up you'll be good to go.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:53:36 AM EDT
[#16]
I'll be there. how
Buffalo is over 2 hours for me, since I'm in Lake Co.  I'm thinking it's closer than that.
See you guys there...

Kosmo
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:54:34 AM EDT
[#17]
We're on....hope to see you guys out there.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:22:13 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
We're on....hope to see you guys out there.  

I get out of work in like 30mins ya'll better be out there still!!!

ETA: how many of ya'll are members?? Be nice to know who some of the ILL club members are.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:39:40 PM EDT
[#19]
If you guys missed out, the WI crew will be there tomorrow at 1600.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:29:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Hey guys, sorry I didnt get a chance to call some of you guys, had a VERY hectic night.

IF YOU WANT TO GO...

My cell phone number is 847 602 3038.

The range is in Racine County WISCONSIN...from chicago...just take 94N to 7Mile road.  Go EAST on 7 MI road.

You take it almost all the way to the lake, and you will cross a few high ways...rail road tracks...and on the LEFT side, you will see a gravel road and a Racine County Line Rifle Club sign.  If you turn down that road, you will see a big locked orange gate about a 1/4 mile down.  You're in the right place.  

I will be arriving at the range at 10 30 traffic permitting... Since I have to lock the gate behind me, please make sure you get there before 10:30.  I have no problem driving out to come get you, but the less I have to do that...the better.  If I get there early, I will wait at the gate until 10 30.

If the weather looks good, I will be going, if its pouring out, I will NOT BE GOING.  If you have any questions, I will be up around 6:30 AM- CALL ME!!!!!  Planning on leaving the house at 8AM

If Algonquin happens to be on the way for you guys, feel free to ride up here and caravan with me.  Call the phone and I will provide directions, and make sure you can be here by 8AM.

That should do it.  Post up if you're going, or atleast call me to let me know, anytime after 6:30 AM. I'll check the board at midnight and at 630 when I wake up, but a call to let me know for sure would be great, so I know how many people to expect.  YOU CAN ALSO CALL ME TONIGHT anytime before midnight.

Scott

ALSO, anyone who IM'ed me is invited.  No need to wait til the next trip.  

Tag for future reference.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:36:07 AM EDT
[#21]
did i read that right ?
tannerite is ok to bring ?
wooohoooooooooo
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:11:10 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
If you guys missed out, the WI crew will be there tomorrow at 1600.

I might try to drop by, was thinking of heading up to WSC this morning, may have to have to join you folks again.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:25:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Thanks for the invite Marksman. That was a very nice relaxing day of shooting. Like you said if we go on an off day we can probably do things a little differently. We should keep this in mind for a cold/rainy day in October or November. The place should be empty then.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:39:10 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Thanks for the invite Marksman. That was a very nice relaxing day of shooting. Like you said if we go on an off day we can probably do things a little differently. We should keep this in mind for a cold/rainy day in October or November. The place should be empty then.

Don't count on it, it's about that time of the guys who only come out every  now and then are out there to put their 5-10 rounds through their hunting guns and shit. And november is pretty solid with folks sighting in as well. Deersight on the first two weekends of the month as well.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:00:44 AM EDT
[#25]
If anyone does come out today (Sunday, rainy day), you may find the gate locked.  Since I'm not sure if Mark14 will be going again, if you find the gate locked ( as it shuld be), give me a call , and I'll bring you in.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:54:25 PM EDT
[#26]
A big thank you to Marksman14 for a great day at the range.

HandyAndy and NPD233 were bump firing everything in sight. I think NPD233 could give clinics on it.

I look forward to blast fest when he will bump fire a colt single action and then (don’t ask me how) a GM guide lamp Liberator pistol.

JR
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:41:15 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
A big thank you to Marksman14 for a great day at the range.

HandyAndy and NPD233 were bump firing everything in sight. I think NPD233 could give clinics on it.

I look forward to blast fest when he will bump fire a colt single action and then (don’t ask me how) a GM guide lamp Liberator pistol.

JR

Did not!
Actually, it was fun bumping a 1911. I probably couldn't repeat that again if I tried (and I did try). I need some practice, and a bigger mag capacity
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:27:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Marksman,

Call me when you get your hr schedule for deer site. Ill try to be there the same day.

Batch114 - MGD
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Marksman,

Call me when you get your hr schedule for deer site. Ill try to be there the same day.

Batch114 - MGD

I'll try to be there too, oh wait I work all four days I'll be there no matter what.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:36:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Thanks Marksman for a good timeh
Perhaps I'll re-meet some of you again sometimeKosmo
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:45:46 PM EDT
[#31]
I'd really like to shoot there and join that club. I have never been there. Be glad to volunteer some free carpentry time.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Thanks Marksman for a good time

Most of you seemed to know each other, and I kind of kept to myself.  Didn't know who was who.

Perhaps I'll re-meet some of you again sometime

Kosmo

Actually, NPD (Dave) was the only one I have done any shooting with.  Met Andy at a dinner, and that was it!  So you were in the same boat as many of us.  

Either way, glad you could make it out.  Hope you will join us more in the future.

Scott
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:06:00 PM EDT
[#33]
what is this super secret place you speak of?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:07:11 PM EDT
[#34]

what is this super secret place you speak of?
 Umm, if he told, it wouldn't be a secret anymore, duh!

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:52:22 PM EDT
[#35]
What town/area?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:44:05 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

we all know where it is, just curious what type of place this is?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:49:27 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

we all know where it is, just curious what type of place this is?

It's a gun range.

You know....

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:56:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:15:18 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

It's a gun range.

You know....

i think we all figured that one out, thanks npd.  i didnt know of many places that had a locked gate just to get in?  i thought it may have been private property or a members club or something along those line.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:02:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Memebrs only, and their invited guests.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:08:13 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
 i didnt know of many places that had a locked gate just to get in?  i thought it may have been private property or a members club or something along those line.

Don't get out much, do ya? Gates would be worthless without locks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top