Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2005 10:04:43 AM EDT
This coming weekend in New Berlin Illinois they will be having a gun show, Not a large show, but you can find a good deal or two, Anyone want to meet over there and exchange lies? Drop a line and we could meet up, look over the show and grab a hotdog or burger. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:58:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Where in the state of IL is New Berlin?

I have a feeling you're gonna say down south somwhere.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#2]
twenty minutes west/southwest of springfield

I was thinkin about goin, where and when? Is there an admission fee?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:03:16 AM EDT
[#3]
New Berlin is off I-72, about halfway between Springfield and Jacksonville.

The show is at the Sangamon County fair grounds - north west of main business 'down town.'

It's Saturday and Sunday, August 20 and 21.  Starts at 9 AM each day.  Ends Saturday at 4 pm and Sunday effectively at 3 pm - all the vendors start to pack up then.

There is an admission fee --  IIRC it's $3.00.

Dont' turn the wrong way off the exit and go to "Berlin."  That's a different town.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:00:08 AM EDT
[#4]
alright I'm goin

ETA: Saturday around 1
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:21:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be there Saturday.

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:17:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Not to rain on anyone's parade but I usually go and then regret it when I get there.You never know who may show up thats new though.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:33:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:40:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not to rain on anyone's parade but I usually go and then regret it when I get there.You never know who may show up thats new though.

No kidding??  That is always my absolute favorite "small show."  I have found more good deals (especially on used stuff) there than any other show.  

Sadly, I can't make this one.  My wife has taken vacation days to work on our cabin and will be travelling to Missouri early tomorrow morning, so I MUST go there tomorrow (Fri.) night after work to protect her from the creatures of the darkness.  

Have a good time, guys.  

Send the .50 with her......that could light up the night if need be

Too bad it's so far away, I have about $200 in my pocket that I don't quite know what to do with.

Oh well, there's always another gunshow

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:17:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:33:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:58:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:15:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Well went to the show today, nothing to speek of, but it got me out of the house.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:42:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Well went to the show today, nothing to speek of, but it got me out of the house.

I used to love it as a kid.There used to be a guy there that had HK rifles out of the ying yang.But ever since the Ban it has just been the worst gun show I have ever been to,especially if you like Ar's etc.

But like you said it does get you out of the house.The one up at the Crown Plaza in Sprfld in November isnt to bad.And the one down at Collinsville is usually worth the trip.

Just my .2
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:52:33 AM EDT
[#15]
As always an excellent show.
Lots of good deals on parts and stuff.
Belleville show is next weekend. It should be a good one too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top