Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 4:13:40 PM EDT
Does Cook county have a municipal AWB, if so what are the specifics?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:16:05 PM EDT
[#1]
someone living there might help more, but Il State Police have a compilation of all county/city regs on their website..somewhere
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Does Cook county have a municipal AWB, if so what are the specifics?

YES
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:57:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I looked for so long last night I think one exists but I can't find anything online I even had the ordinance number but still no luck. Oh to clarify I mean the parts of Cook Co. not in Chicago.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:51:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, Cook County has an AWB. It does not require registration.
To my knowledge it's never been enforced.
You can walk into a number of Cook County gunstores and see AR's, AK's etc.
(Megsports in Plainfield is the only shop I know that refuses to sell semi-auto rifles to Cook residents).

Contrary to State Law, the Cook  County Ordinance is published nowhere online, but I do have PDFs of some photoscans a guy made awhile back.

CKMorley
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:00:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Can an AK variant be shot at a gun range in Cook county?  Also, what exactly are the restriction on AK's and the like in Cook county?  I searched forever online, but was not able to find anything.  I know AR's are legal, but I am not sure about AK's regarding Cook county.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:18:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I believe Cook County only specifies Colt AR15's as being banned...
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:34:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yes, Cook County has an AWB. It does not require registration.
To my knowledge it's never been enforced.
You can walk into a number of Cook County gunstores and see AR's, AK's etc.
(Megsports in Plainfield is the only shop I know that refuses to sell semi-auto rifles to Cook residents).

Contrary to State Law, the Cook  County Ordinance is published nowhere online, but I do have PDFs of some photoscans a guy made awhile back.

CKMorley

Do you still have those PDFs available?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:50:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Send your email address to me, and I'll send the pdfs.

As for AK's in Cook,all the ranges are indoors and there is only one range I know of that'll let you fire any rifle indoors. I believe it's Gunworld up near O'Hare Airport,

CKMorley
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:41:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, Gun World is the only place I know of that "doesn't care" what you shoot in their indoor range.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:43:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yeah, Gun World is the only place I know of that "doesn't care" what you shoot in their indoor range.

As long as you don't use wolf ammo and they will check.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:50:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, if your ammunition is attracted to a magnet, you can't fire it.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:28:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Send your email address to me, and I'll send the pdfs.

As for AK's in Cook,all the ranges are indoors and there is only one range I know of that'll let you fire any rifle indoors. I believe it's Gunworld up near O'Hare Airport,

CKMorley

My Email to you got kicked back, you can send it to [email protected] no "t" in night
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:46:01 AM EDT
[#13]
A little tip on shooting your AK at Maxon.

Tell them you have a 30 caliber rifle and pay the higher rifle fee, the won't ask what kind of rifle it is, nor will they care. Make sure you shoot in the big room with the rubber backstop.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:53:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Thank you for the files CK.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top