Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2003 11:06:52 PM EDT
I was just browsing ammoman's webpage.

I found out that Illinois residents have to have a FOID card. Fine and dandy. It also says that the ammo HAS TO BE SHIPPED TO THE ADDRESS ON THE FOID CARD. What the hell is with that???

I received my FOID card a year or so ago. I'm in the military and move around alot. I have since moved (from on base to off base).

Currently, they do not issue a new card for a change of address. You fill out a form, and they (the ISP) keep it on file, but YOU KEEP YOUR OLD CARD WITH YOUR OLD ADDRESS.

With that policy, he has effectively refused my business. I have done nothing legally wrong. I have followed all the state rules reguarding FOID cards.

More business down the drain.....
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:24:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I called Ammoman a couple months ago and discussed that same issue with the guy who answered the phone.  He told me that he was aware that new FOIDs were not issued upon change of address and that a valid drivers license would be sufficient for him to ship to me.  I never did place an order so I can't say he will ship,  but he did tell me that it would not be a problem.

edited to correct spelling
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:55:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I am in the military. I am a resident of Wisconsin. Hence, my driver's license has my home of record on it.

Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:28:13 AM EDT
[#3]
So,  As a resident of WI,  the whole FOID issue doesn't even apply........correct ??
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 2:13:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Legally i don't need a FOID cause im not a resident of Illinois.

But if i ever want to do anything firearm related in Illinois, i got one anyway. Jusst try walking into a gun shop or a wal mart and even ask to look at sometihng without a FOID.

I could give them an exact prinout of the state law that shows that non-residents do not need a foid. THey don't give a rats ass.... no foid... no ammo, guns, or even looking at said items.

And i definitly don't want to send ammo to wisconsin. I'm currently in Illinois. An as per his rules, If i am in Illinois, they REQUIRE a FOID and ship ONLY TO THE FOID ADDRESS.

Hence, he has rejected my business.

Anyone else know of a good place to get decent ammo at a decent price, and WILL ship to illinois?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 2:53:32 PM EDT
[#5]
OK.....I see what you mean.   Try ammunitionstore.com.  Good people, fair prices and quick shipping.  You will need to fax a copy of your FOID and DL,  but they should be able to help you.  Orders usually only take 2-3 days to get here.   Good Luck.........
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 6:02:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Anyone else know of a good place to get decent ammo at a decent price, and WILL ship to illinois?

www.natchezss.com

Usually less $ (total) than Ammoman anyway, fast shipping, no hassles, and Responsive CS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top