Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2015 9:37:18 PM EDT
I've had no luck the last couple years. I know someone is holding out and has a great location for this. I've tried overton wma and only caught a glimpse of tail feathers disappearing into the brush and a ton of them on the powerlines in town there plus you have to get a reservation for opening. Havent seen any in my stomping grounds from nelson south along the river. Pahranagat was recomended last time i did this but i didnt manage to make it out there.

Last year i was speaking to the warden while duck hunting and he said they planted fields for dove and quail but for the life of me i can't recall where. I think he said it was by one of their field offices.

Can anyone help me out with a decent spot besides a bb gun in my neighborhood?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:43:53 AM EDT
[#1]
You will have better luck asking someone to share their spouse.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:18:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You will have better luck asking someone to share their spouse.
View Quote

I know you're one of the ones holding out on me. wheres that arfcom spirit of brotherhood? The fraternity of the black rifle. Where's your sense of caring and generosity?

You better at least come back and post pics of a limit you bagged the first 10 minutes out and thrn not tell me where you got em
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:29:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up a dead one out of my front yard this morning. I'm getting closer to my limit.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:29:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd probably go look somewhere up around the Pahranagat area
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:41:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'd probably go look somewhere up around the Pahranagat area
View Quote

that's kinda what I'm leaning towards, I guess just like the middle marsh area and try walking and jump shooting down towards the lower lake.

I figured out the area that warden was talking about it's by the headquarters in kirch wma. A little bit far of a drive
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:00:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah it is, I think it was 80 miles from my house to the upper lake. I was on the north end of town, so probably add another 20 for you. That's what's so great about Vegas, everything hunting or fishing wise, is far away.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:33:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like Tony had a good opening Day
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:35:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Looks like Tony had a good opening Day
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u33/Benito428/DSC01188.jpg
View Quote

wtf where is that? and isn't that way way over the limit?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:38:54 PM EDT
[#9]
First guess: mexico
Second guess: Texas
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:39:22 PM EDT
[#10]
That was Mexico for the Godfathers Dove Slaughterfest...
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:52:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Always had great luck in between Parker and havasu, my location exactly I can't divulge. Usually hit daily limit in the first half hour. Good luck op

I know this doesn't help for souther NV but it's close.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:16:58 AM EDT
[#12]
The nice thing about bird hunting is, after opening day you have the world to yourself. I hunt 29 of the 30....usually not opening day.
Ditto for upland game birds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top