Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2008 1:52:47 AM EDT
Today at work I got the worst news a guy could get.  One of my former troops from when I was at Nellis, SrA Jeff Johnson was found dead from an apparent self inflicted gunshot wound to his chest.  This about killed me.  Jeff had his demons and I know he wasn't the same after Iraq because of the things that happened to him there, but it didn't need to end this way.  

I was Jeff's supervisor for three years until I PCS'ed to Korea.  He was a good troop who worked his ass off for me.  We deployed together to Kyrgyzstan in 05-06.

Now the part comes, "Why Jeff?"  "Why did this happen?"  "Could I have done something more to help?"  Thats the hardest thing.    

When I last saw Jeff he seemed in good spirits when I was on leave.  Why does shit like this happen?   I feel so bad for his wife.  Now where does she go from here?

I'm sorry to ramble like this, but this has gotten to me.  I'm usually not one to ask things like this but if you get a minute, please say a prayer for my friend and his family.  I'm sure they need everyone they can get.  Thanks for reading this.

SrA Jeffery E. Johnson, USAF   End of Watch 21 Jan 08.  

May you rest in peace my friend and may your pain be through.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 2:41:50 AM EDT
[#1]
All of us feel your sadness and loss.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 3:02:38 AM EDT
[#2]
DFF,

This is not good news to wake up to.

Although I did know the man the way that you did, my sorrow runs deep for you and his family.

I pray every day, and I have just said an extra prayer for SrA Jeffery E. Johnson and his family and all those who knew him.

Please be strong, Bro.

May God continue to bless you and all of our servicemen and women.

Be Safe.

Joe

Link Posted: 1/23/2008 4:53:44 AM EDT
[#3]
DEFort

I dealt with this most of the day yesterday (helping out theunit and ex-1st Sgt = close friend).

A lot contributed to his demise, a new inexperienced 1st Sgt, his wife's condition, his past family demons and other things that you will be unhappy with.

If you need a SITREP, email or PM me. Work would be better.  I am listed under the worldwide.

V
OUT
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:26:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh hell E, sorry to hear about this.  He was one of your troops at your wedding wasn't he?  I never even heard anything about this yesterday.

If you need anything let me know.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:46:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm sad to hear that a fellow airman has gone...my prayers go out to you, him, his family, and friends..may he find peace in the afterlife..
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 7:11:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Prayers sent to the family and friends.  It always breaks my heart to hear that someone can't overcome their demons.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 11:09:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Prayers sent, unfortunatlely most people hide the demons very well up till the end.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:09:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Prayers sent, unfortunatlely most people hide the demons very well up till the end.

Oh how very true this is...

Prayers for the man, and PRAYERS for his family.

We are diminished.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:28:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't know what to say, speechless. It's hard to lose a fellow Airman. My prayers go out to his family.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:33:00 PM EDT
[#10]
RIP.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm sorry for your loss, our loss.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top