Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2005 7:05:19 AM EDT
What ever happened to it? It seems like every time I go into a gun shop, I get really poor service.

I went into a gun shop that's pretty popular among the Southern Nevada folks, and eventually walked out, because the owner wouldnt acknowledge me. There was one other person in the shop. All the owner did was keep talking about his medical problems to the other guy.

I'm almost tempted to start my own and show them how it's done.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What ever happened to it? It seems like every time I go into a gun shop, I get really poor service.

I went into a gun shop that's pretty popular among the Southern Nevada folks, and eventually walked out, because the owner wouldnt acknowledge me. There was one other person in the shop. All the owner did was keep talking about his medical problems to the other guy.

I'm almost tempted to start my own and show them how it's done.

Keep me in mind to provide the training part of it....

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:20:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It seems like every time I go into a gun shop, I get really poor service....

I KNOW WHO IT IS! Those bastards at The Gun Store again huh?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:51:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:35:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, only tourists go to the Gun Store.  Just about every shop in Vegas has poor customer service.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:33:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Negitory.

It's a relatively new shop who was rumored to have good customer service. They had good prices, but the service just wasnt there.

The owner actually stared at me for a good 3-5 seconds without saying anything when I came in. I finally said "Hi" and he said it back. I was in the shop for 20 minutes and that was the only thing he said to me the entire time.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:39:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Negitory.

It's a relatively new shop who was rumored to have good customer service. They had good prices, but the service just wasnt there.

The owner actually stared at me for a good 3-5 seconds without saying anything when I came in. I finally said "Hi" and he said it back. I was in the shop for 20 minutes and that was the only thing he said to me the entire time.

Perhaps the shop owner was having a bad day, or maybe his gold fish died or something.

I will agree that most shops tin the Valley have staff/owners that SUCK the big one. That's why I get whatever I need from the internet, or private parties. The fact that I own a firearms related business allows me to get dealer pricing on everything I buy.

With the exception of maybe... two shops in the valley, I stopped patronizing brick amnd mortar shops a long time ago. It's just not worth paying more than the internet, and getting abused at the same time. Plus, all internet sales are tax free.

Just my two pennies.....
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:30:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I may or may not give him a second chance to see if it was a bad day. I particularly dont feel like driving all the way up to henderson from NLV anyway.

I'll stick with Bill's and gun shows. At least with Bill's I can call the guy an asshole and come in another day to speak to somebody worth while.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:35:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:48:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I've heard of Van's, but I didnt know they had a shop. Have only seen them at shows. as far as AWP, I've never heard of them.

do you know the locations off the top of your head?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:56:53 AM EDT
[#10]
All Weapons Plus is where I just bought a Sig...............the other 2 shops treated my son like a piece of shit, so I paid a little more, had to order it, but did'nt care cause treated me like and my son  good.   I don't how he does it but when I walk in, he knows my name, asks me about work, how my kids are, where my Harley is, wants to see my tattoos......etc etc.  And does to everyone who walks in.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 7:17:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top