Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2004 6:54:29 PM EDT
I can not believe what I saw today at the show...
"pre-ban" Colts for $2100-2500
RRA 6 position carbine stocks for $110-115
Eotech 552 $450
ARMS SIRs High $400 range
LaBelle 30 rndrs NIW $25-30
USA steel AR 30's $20
Orolite 30's New $25...     ... WTH?
Glock 27 stnd sights $520  

The list goes on and on and on and......

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:15:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Gun prices can change, but you can always count on Jerky Hut and Miwall to hold the line.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:28:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't feel bad about missing this one at all.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:43:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up some factory 33-round Glock mags for $55 each...not bad considering what they used to go for.

BTW, are the Schere "Glock" mags any good? They had some 33-round Schere mags for $28. I have seen them for sale when the ban was in effect but they used to sell for $89.

Also....

- AR-15 parts galor. There were about 10 dealers selling much AR15 parts. J&T had stuff there and the prices were pretty fair.

- I saw new LaBelle mags in wrap for $20

- Milwall jacked the price on the Aussie .308 up to $180 for a case of 800. That's pretty steep for surplas that isn't even boxer?

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:53:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Let's see:

Lone Wolf has the 31 round Glock 9mm mags for $30.

Scherers are okay, but not like Glock mags - I had some when the Glock mags were selling for $100, but now, might as well get the real deal.

Lots of guys were out of stock on the Glock 17 mags, but one guy with a wood yellow display had plenty of them NIW for $20.

As for the Labelles, Magman and Surfit (see the AR mag section of equipment exhange) have them for about $16 each if you buy several.

You are right - lots of AR/AK items.

I was able to trade some things I did not want for thing I did want.  Sort of justified the $15 entry fee (if you count parking).
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't get me wrong... there were some good deals there too, but a large portion of the vendors seemed to be trying to take advantage of the un-educated/experienced firearm owners.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:32:54 PM EDT
[#6]
With all the other AR dealers, American Spirit Arms did not appear to be doing as well as the last two shows. J&T had complete AR-15 parts kits (minus lower) for $425.

One guy was trying to ge $25 for grey PAINTED Uzi mags

I had a good time at this show...big enough to spend some time and a variety of gun-related stuff.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:41:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Gun prices can change, but you can always count on Jerky Hut and Miwall to hold the line.

And don't forget the "Beanie Babies".......

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:50:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Th e prices that they were asking for parts, uppers and accessories was freakin insane. All of that stuff can be bought online for much cheaper including the shipping. And you know they charge sales tax but only pay a portion of it if any.  That was my last show, I will stick to the online purchases.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:42:35 PM EDT
[#9]

I will stick to the online purchases.

+1
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:58:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't know about the online thing.  Here's a couple of examples:

I wanted one ak waffle.  KVAR sells them for $10.95.  Although I am in Las Vegas, and so are they, they wanted to ship it to me for $8.50.  That's $20 for one mag.  I traded an old Glock 21 mag at the gun show for the waffle - straight across.

Another example.  I tried to sell some AK 40rnders for $10 each plus $6 shipping for all six.  If I put them on gunbroker, I would have to pay a $4 fee when they sold.  I took them to the show, and sold them to a vendor for $60.

I wanted to .50ae ammo.  Cheaper than dirt was the least expensive.  Around $16.50 for 20 rounds (Gold Dot).   The problem is that shipping was $20 (I was buying 500 rounds).  At the show, they have a couple hundred rounds for $16.50 a box.  I bought them all, and no shipping charges.

Been wanting only one Glock 17 hicap.  Most places are out of stock.  New ones with le writing are going for around $25 plus $5 shipping.  That's $30 to me.  At the show, bought one new in the wrapper for $20.

Last example.  I had four third gen Glock 21 "preban" mags.  I tried to trade them or sell them, but no one would give me more than $20 for them.  Took them to the show and traded the four for a Chinese wind-up AK mag.  Again, no shipping.  Lots of guys on this forum and on others are asking well over $100 for those things.  Mine even came with the pouch.

So, yeah, some guys try to make money at gun shows.  Hell, for some of those guys, they treat is like a business :)

But all in all, if you are carefull, you can get some good deals and you don't have mess with shipping.

Not to mention the models and the penthouse pets - nothing like a little eye candy to go with your bargains.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:39:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Ten years ago, the shows were how you saw what was new, and could handle some goodies, rather than look at them in G&A or whatnot. The prices used to be 5-10% off of what you could find in the stores. Now it seems that most dealers add 10% for doing YOU the service of bringing their wares to the show! I do most of my shopping on the net, particularly right here on ar15.com's EE. I'll SERIOUSLY buy from Jerky Hut, and ammo from Miwall, cleaning kit supplies, and at the Trop show, some glock mags ($24/each).  Once in a while, a bargain is there, but rarely. My best find was a BHP Practical with 1 hicap (2 years ago, when hicap meant something) for $295.

If i were to have a booth, and was a shop with armorer, i'd sell the usual guns & stuff, and offer:

1. glock repair (saw this at SAR show last year, thought it was a great idea)
2. sight installation
3. AR barrel work possibly, to take advantage of the changeover

I still like going to the shows, again to touch and see. Seriously, you could do worse with $10/11/14.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:51:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The prices used to be 5-10% off of what you could find in the stores. Now it seems that most dealers add 10% for doing YOU the service of bringing their wares to the show!

exactly.  I remember the old SoF shows, and major manufacturers would be represented, and you could fiddle with all of the new of the new...and get deals on other stuff while you are at it.

now warp to today, with todays show.  10 dollar entry...couple bucks for parking....oh woops...our CC machine isnt working here in the convention center, we are only taking cash...go to the ATM...ATM charges you 2 bucks to withdraw cash, your bank charges you another 2 dollars for using a NON-bank ATM...now you are 17 dollars in the hole, without having bought anything.

F the gun shows.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:43:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
...oh woops...our CC machine isnt working here in the convention center, we are only taking cash...

and Miwall for some reason tacks on sales tax with CC purchases!

i agree, F the gunshows!!!

....until the next one comes to town.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:04:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I agree with Arin, you used to get good deals at shows even in Cali (earily 80's).  I may go to a show or two but not with the intention of getting a killer deal on anything it would just be to browse around.

Personally, I really dont believe you can find good deals on new items, oh sure you maybe able to get a good deal on brass or ammo but you could get the same deals at Citadel with out the admission fee.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:46:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah I remember(and miss) the old Orange County Gun Show at the Fairgrounds between 84 and 90 when I was fresh out of boot camp. You could always find great deals and neat stuff. I still have a shitload of old .303 that is loaded with cordite I paid  one or two cents a round and it still shoots. but it is corrosive like a democrat. I bought a couple of mk4's for 49.00 in those days. I can still hit a Home Depot orange bucket at 200 yards consistanly with the one rifle that has a bore pitted like Sean Penns face...........But after the first Gulf War, and 8 years later, now here in Vegas, I think I am done with my last BS show. In fact I think I need to start a small AR shop where you can get any part you need locally.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top