Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 1:59:00 PM EDT
Had the chance to go to lunch with a board member (chiz45) and I stopped at Citadel afterwards. They got a small shipment of the HK M4 mags and I ended up purchasing 6 of them. I read about these mags on the EE and in the Magazine section but reading definitely does not do them justice. The followers are chromed and you CANNOT make them tilt. All my 30-rounders have the green followers but they still tilt slightly. The HK followers are solid, chromed and look like they will outlast the rifle itself.

John mentioned to me that his supplier stated that the military put an order for 250,000 of these mags and they won't be available to the public until that contract is filled. By the time I left this afternoon there were only 14 mags left out of the 30 that he was able to get in. He won't be getting any more.

BTW, they got the license to sell firearms now......

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:20:08 PM EDT
[#1]
How much are they selling for?

Thanks....
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:21:05 PM EDT
[#2]
They are $50 each..

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:32:13 PM EDT
[#4]
These are steel mags. Once you pick one up you will appreciate the difference. It is a sturdy magazine that you can tell is an improved design.

Pricey but with the election up in the air I don't want to pay $200 later if there is ever another ban passed.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:43:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Somebody here posted pics of one those mags rusting...the spring and the follower. Good luck but I wouldnt pay 50 bucks for an AR mag, not before the sunset and not now.
If you really have a hardon for no tilt followers buy the Magpul no-tilt ones for 7 bucks and put them in USGI mags.
50 bucks for a mag?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:11:49 PM EDT
[#6]
$50 for a mag is a bit pricey I will admit. If the US Government orderd a quarter million of them they have to be an improvement over current contract magazines. Also, I don't mind paying the $50 now because I would kick myself later if I could only buy them at a higher price. I didn't buy these mags on the hopes that they will increase in price. This magazine still appears to be worth more than a GI contract mag with a Mag Pal follower. $50 worth it? That's for each to decide.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:25:54 PM EDT
[#7]
any chance h&k would sell just the followers?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:34:23 PM EDT
[#8]
The followers won't fit in a standard M16 magazine. It's designed differently.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:35:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Per Pat Rogers, they aren't worth the $34 they cost.  That's good enough for me.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:37:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:12:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow,why are you guys slamming these mags . I agree with the Doc. These mags are built tough as a tank. They are powder coated so they wont rust, the followers are chromed and slick,they are a tad longer than GI's to actually work fully loaded. Check them out before you talk trash.
Now that being said they are too pricey for me . But I do have one.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:15:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:20:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:29:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
They DO rust.  Thats why they came out with a "maritime" version that STILL rusts.

Ask Capn_Crunch, even the follower rusts:

tinypic.com/5tueu

Ask some of the guys that have been through Gunsite lately about the feed reliability problems they've had.

If you dont want to believe it, thats fine.  Buy a dozen, its your money.

+1
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#15]
When I first saw these mags, I was looking at an HK M4 upper.  I seem to recall the HK guy telling me the mag was a modified SA 80 with a HK follower in it.  I could be wrong though, that was a while back.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:13:53 PM EDT
[#16]
John told me he was getting them, but for $50 I think I'll stick with the USGI's.  Hell, if you want steel, get those brit mags, they seem pretty tough as well.  I just can't justify spending that much money on a 30 round mag.

Hey, where's Lee?  Somebody mention to him that Citadel also has a few M14 USGI 30 rounders available, I'm sure he'd be interested in one or two of them to feed his M14.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:06:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Hey, where's Lee?  Somebody mention to him that Citadel also has a few M14 USGI 30 rounders available, I'm sure he'd be interested in one or two of them to feed his M14.

Hey Gunbert, they've been purchased, tested, and approved ;)

If the good Doc had ONLY $300 left in his pocket/safe/bank, that's one thing...

but he doesn't.

I paid $750 for a stripped preban Oly lower 2 years ago. I can get 7 of them now for that price.  I don't regret it one bit.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:26:52 AM EDT
[#18]
It's realy hard to sell the HK mags at $47 when my customers can buy new GI mags for $12 Bucks. I always bring the Demo mag with me to DBS if anyone wants to play with it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:56:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Damn....some people just don't like HK mags in here. I was giving some of the local Vegas guys a heads-up about some new mags here in town and people come out of the woodwork to tell us how bad they are.

I do appreciate the advice. I don't think that I will really have to worry about rust out here in the hot and dry Nevada desert though. The only mags that I have ever put in water were some old FAL mags to get alll the cosmoline off and they didn't rust. If I was in combat or my life depended on this magazine then maybe, just maybe I would do some more research on it. The most combat that these magazines will see is getting thrown into the back of my truck at the range.

thanks chiz45

thanks,
Ron

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:27:28 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Damn....some people just don't like HK mags in here. I was giving some of the local Vegas guys a heads-up about some new mags here in town and people come out of the woodwork to tell us how bad they are.

I do appreciate the advice. I don't think that I will really have to worry about rust out here in the hot and dry Nevada desert though. The only mags that I have ever put in water were some old FAL mags to get alll the cosmoline off and they didn't rust. If I was in combat or my life depended on this magazine then maybe, just maybe I would do some more research on it. The most combat that these magazines will see is getting thrown into the back of my truck at the range.

thanks chiz45

Some of the guys on this board are pretty rabid about what they think does and does not work.  You did notice that the two biggest detractors are not regular NV guys, right?  

thanks,
Ron

Some of the guys on this board are pretty rabid about what they think does and does not work.  You did notice that the two biggest detractors are not regular NV guys, right?  

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks chiz45

thanks,
Ron

Hey, it's your money.  Besides, it leaves more NIW GI mags for me.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:51:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Wellit better for you to buy them than me, I'll stick to the OKay brand
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top