Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 1:11:05 PM EDT
Got back into Vegas on Friday on a 4 day pass from Ft. Lewis.  

One of the first things I did was head down to Citadel and picked up an ACOG.  Got the Compact model TA44-5 - 1.5x mag with the yellow dot reticle.  Mounted it on my AR and it's an infinite improvement over the iron sights.  While in there, one of the females from our unit was also shopping in there with her parents.  My father went with me to get some regular-cap magazines for his HK91 and Glock.  He'sa retired LEO and was very happy to see the AWB end.

Had family in town from Thursday through about an hour ago.  Got the mother-in-law over now to  babysit while the wife and I go catch a film in a few minutes.  

Wish I had more time to spend, maybe get some shooting & off-roading in, but time's a bit short for that.

Supposedly the HQ folks are going to try working on getting us another 4 day pass.  As it stands now our unit is trained and validated for deployment.  As such all of our training and briefings have been completed.   So for now we are doing the hurry-up-and-wait routine.  

Sure does feel good to sleep in my own bed though!  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome Glenn, it's good to see (read) you again! I hope your deployment goes smoothly, but in the meantime enjoy your time with the family. -Steve
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:12:58 PM EDT
[#2]
You sound energized Glenn, glad to see your morale is so high. Enjoy your time with the family.

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:31:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome back Glenn, even if it is temporary.  

Have fun and be safe over there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top