Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2003 4:04:04 PM EDT
The gunshow was in town but there was almost nobody there. It was about 60% nongun stuff there.  No lines at the transfer booth, no ticket line. There were about as many vendors as there were people there looking.  The prices weren't that good but they weren't that bad either.  When did the Brady check go to $20?  

Then came the announcement that there would not be a December show.  Somehow I don't think it will be missed.

$12 is still a lot of money for a gunshow.  Consider that the home show which was roughly the same size only charged $5 to get in.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 4:56:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
When did the Brady check go to $20?

I don't think it did.....I think that is CCS guns bullshit.

Speaking of, what transfers do they do at these shows?  CCS isn't selling anything themselves.  All the dealers I know that sell at these shows do their own transfers.  Are they doing them for out of state FFL's?

Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:06:47 PM EDT
[#2]
They were doing all the transfers I think.  But i think that machinegun kellys were doing their own.    I did ask when the background check went up and the response i got was "since we had to do all of the paperwork"
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:38:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, now I am thinking about this

Kelly's definately does his own xfers.

Out of state FFL's would have to use an instate FFL to process the xfer but why the hell would a Nevada FFL pay CCS to do it? ( the $20 is for the NICS fee, right?)  Also, wouldn't CCS have to bring the gun into their bound book to in turn xfer it to the buyer?  Sounds like a lot of work when a Nevada FFL can just make a phone call on his/her cell phone.  

Am I missing something?

Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:38:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I went to the last two shows and wasn't too impressed.

I didn't make it to this one because I think $12 is a friggin rip off to get in the door and then go spend money.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 8:43:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree with you lvgunner777, and I also must be missing something rick.  

Now a question.  Can you goto arizona and buy a rifle and take delevery of it there?
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 9:15:51 PM EDT
[#6]
AFAIK, you can purchase a long gun in AZ and take it in this state.

Why I cant set up at a NV show (seems like they suck anyway) and do an Xfer there, just baffles me as well.

Seems like ATF just makes shit up at they go along.

D.
AZEX
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top