Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2003 4:21:10 PM EDT
My Sporter just KB'd on me last week.  Does anyone know where to find good prices on Colt uppers?
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:08:41 PM EDT
[#2]
woah, what happened to your Colt? any damage to the lower? This might be an opportunity for you to send the lower back to Colt to remake it to 2003 specs. Postban on the boards did this, and got an M4 stamped, 2003 spec Colt, with mil spec holes!
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 8:03:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
woah, what happened to your Colt? any damage to the lower? This might be an opportunity for you to send the lower back to Colt to remake it to 2003 specs. Postban on the boards did this, and got an M4 stamped, 2003 spec Colt, with mil spec holes!

I am going to try that but if it doesn't happen I can still use the lower.  There is only a slight bulge on the left side and the mags still lock up tight and drop clear.

It is just frustrating because I only had it for about 3 weeks!  Beautiful preban.  The bolt failed to lock up properly and the casehead ruptured and fucked everything up.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 7:41:48 AM EDT
[#4]
at least you weren't injured.

But ruining a nice preban is STILL a kick in the nuts!
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#5]
M2, get a copy of Shotgun News, or go to Adco Firearms website, they have good stuff. I want to say Kieslers Wholesale has Colt uppers, also, KY Imports always has Colt uppers in stock. Or, talk to Shane at Bills and see what he can hook you up with. Center Mass down in Henderson is big into Colts Im sure he can line up something too. Call me if you want to go shooting this break. A bunch of us are going out this Saturday to the regular place.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah man I have been hunting through Shotgun News.  People want a damn fortune for a Colt Upper.  More than what I paid for my whole gun!  Dicks.  It doesn't have to be a Colt anyway.
And yes I will go with you guys this weekend.  Gotta do some shooting before I go to OIF.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top