Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2003 7:53:06 PM EDT
okay i need help.  im moving to las vegas and have a little collection of firearms handguns to pre ban colt sporters etc.  so can i have these items?  i heard something about a handgun registration card?  any recomedations for ranges and hunting areas?  does anyone have the link to the nevada doj or what ever entity would have the regs for firearms and if i need to inform anyone im bringing new firearms to town?  i just found this website and its really a great resource.  thanks to all who reply.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 8:38:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi Agent,

a bunch of AR15.com guys live down in Vegas. I'm sure you'll get all the info you need.
Across the board NV is a pretty firearm friendly state (Shall issue CCW, Class 3, etc...).
However, there is a handgun registration requirement in place in Vegas.
Just sit tight and wait for the Clark County folks to fill you in.

Good luck with the move.

LRdrvr
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
im moving to las vegas and have a little collection of firearms handguns to pre ban colt sporters etc.  so can i have these items?  i heard something about a handgun registration card?

Hi Agent,  Welcome to Nevada!  
Can you have these weapons here?  Why wouldn't you be able to?  You think this is Kalifornia or something?  In all seriousness, basically here in Nevada, Federal law prevails so load em up.  As for Clark Co handgun reg?  Its just something we have to live with.  Since this is a gun friendly county, I for one am not concerned with it too much.

On the issue of ranges etc.  If you want to get involved, there are many ways.  The best thing is to hang out here and just meet people.  You can get caught up by taking a look at some of the older posts on this board on past shoots.  Check out the DBS shoot videos to get an idea of what the local action is like.

Now a question for you.....Tell us something about yourself.  Where are you moving from?  Where and what type of shooting do you like to do now?  What do you own?

Again, Welcome and ENJOY!!

Link Posted: 7/10/2003 6:33:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to Las Vegas. What kind of hunting do you like to do? We have Mule deer, Elk Antelope, Sheep etc. mostly north of Las Vegas but its been pretty limited the last few years. What part of town are you going to live in? There are pretty decent shooting ranges on the west and southeast ends of the valley or you can just go out in the desert (like Sloan) if you get far enough out of the valley to get into BLM land. I think you'll like it here once you get used to the desert. Its supposed to be 115 today.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 7:37:07 AM EDT
[#4]
hey agent, welcome to town! regarding the blue cards, you are supposed to register your handguns within 24 hours of being here in Clark County, Nevada. I usually go to the Metro SUBstations, as they are always empty and fairly quick. The one i go to is downtown, on 4th and Bonneville i think. here's a good link with some NV info:

www.gmj.com
http://www.gmj.com/nevada.php
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 10:19:43 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the responses, as one of the earlier members pointed out im am from a non gun friendly kalifornia, have had my stuff stored on federal indian land. so i am a little behind you guys with the mg's but ill try to catch up :) . between the extreme gun laws and the taxes and utilities going up its time to bail. i am moving to the southwest. i have really heard good things about nv except for the heat its about 85 right now. but i will be working indoors and the house has got two monster ac unints when its really hot. the main type of hunting i have gotten into are varmints and some boar. so with the blue card do you leave your gun at the station or do they just record the numbers take some 411 and issue you a card right then and there? see you guys soon,
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 10:48:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
so with the blue card do you leave your gun at the station or do they just record the numbers take some 411 and issue you a card right then and there? see you guys soon,

If you hit the substation at the right time, you should be in and out in less than 10 mins.

Will you be in town by the end of the month?  We will be having our regular shoot and it would be good to meet you.

Link Posted: 7/10/2003 4:34:29 PM EDT
[#7]
RE: boar, i understand that there's guided tours in Mesquite, NV, about 1 hour from vegas. 3-400 pounders from what i've heard. a buddy of mine goes 2x a year, and has a few mounted. Those tusks give me a warm, fuzzy.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#8]
haha, yep those tusk are mean, just dont get spiked.  youll end up like that guy who was running with the bulls.  say what are them little squirrel looking critters you see running all over the desert?  didnt see to many coyotes or jacks though?  unfortunately ill be out of nv cant make that shoot, maybe next time.  thanks for the offer.  i was on a expediton the other week and followed the road that leads to the west moutain range anything else up there other than parumph.  my co pilot dont want me going no where in parumph ;)  but if there is a shooting area i could always say honey im going to shoot my gun in parumph.  naw  better not she will get pissed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top