Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2003 2:07:09 PM EDT
Can you guys in Vegas give me an idea of who and what type of Internet service you're using, cost, quality of service, etc.?

I'll be there next month to setup my house, and would like to get online quick!

Thanks! .... Chris
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 3:41:49 PM EDT
[#1]
i use Cox cable. with basic cable, i spend about $81. There is also Sprint DSL, but check your area for availability, as some parts of town are not covered. Cox can be spotty, and slow down at times, but overall i am happy with it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Cox in the southeast side of town works great. I started at 1.5MB then upgraded to 3MB.  Great service, quality has improved greatly.  I believe they are still undergoing some upgrades, thus the service has been slow for the past few days.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#3]
chiz45, 45calmike - Thanks! .... Chris
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:33:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm another Cox cable modem user.  I forget what the current rate is, something like $30 or 40/month with equipment.

I avoided the DSL route because I've have to deal with Sprint for T1 issues in a corporate office and the finger pointing and heel dragging they do is unbeliveable.  I can only imagine the amount of neglect a residential user would be subjected to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top