Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2023 10:09:20 AM EDT
I'm looking to exchange some coins for 1 oz. Silver rounds or +$ for a gold round.

Shame to have these coins I do not appreciate.

Ideas on a trustworthy local?

I'm in the Ripon area.

Thanks
V
OUT
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:04:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to go to Knowles,  but I think they went out of business. IMO you’re a lot better off keeping those coins as they will probably appreciate a lot more than plain silver rounds.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:35:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Curious, what's the mint and date on the one with the $350 sticker?  Not buying, purely curiosity.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Curious, what's the mint and date on the one with the $350 sticker?  Not buying, purely curiosity.
View Quote

V
OUT
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:11:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh man I just went through this with uncorculated Morgans and Peace Dollars i inherited. I'm a bit south so my advice isn't probably as applicable.

Sold the morgans to a guy in sheboygan, he paid cash, not sure if he does silver. I've got his card if you're interested. He'll pay more than a dealer, and gave me advice on the peace dollars he didn't want.

I sold the rest to greater Milwaukee coin in Brookfield. They just got a BUNCH of silver in from the Swiss bank that tipped over.

All coin shops are crooks, just remember this. I learned this really fast shopping these around 4 years ago, it was so frustrating that I gave up and didn't come back to it until this year. Do a bit of research and it'll really help you if you aren't 100% on what you've got

Link Posted: 4/15/2023 7:24:46 PM EDT
[#5]
When my Dad died my Mom wanted me to sell all his old coin.
I went to Spotlight Coin in Oostburg WI,

I feel he treated me fairly, I don't know if he'll do what you want tho.
I sold alot of silver coins and mint sets, ended up getting approx $6000.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:49:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Curious as well, I have a a few coins etc to get rid of
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 8:53:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Curious as well, I have a a few coins etc to get rid of
View Quote

Same here. My aunt left me 2 coin collections she had been building all her life (completed one, started another). Lots of silver, proof sets, mint sets. About 50 Morgans, and some rare pennies. One of the coolest parts isn't coins, it's 1953 series $2 bills, uncirculated.... five of them, with consecutive serial numbers.

As for coin shops, they're just like any other business. Don't expect full retail value because they need to acquire stuff for less, so when they sell it at retail they make a profit...  a necessity stay in business just like everyone else.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 9:22:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
When my Dad died my Mom wanted me to sell all his old coin.
I went to Spotlight Coin in Oostburg WI,

I feel he treated me fairly, I don't know if he'll do what you want tho.
I sold alot of silver coins and mint sets, ended up getting approx $6000.
View Quote

I recently went there to sell some coins. He gave me a fair deal according to the research I did before going there. He also sells silver and gold.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top