Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2020 11:30:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 12:02:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I had good luck on Armslist the first few years but it slowly devolved like most good buy, sell, trade websites do over time when rising in popularity. I guess they figure the paywall will keep out the shitheels but I wouldn't be surprised if they sunk their own boat with this move.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 12:30:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 2:07:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 2:27:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I do have to say of all the places to buy firearms related, armslist was up there on my list.
when did it change?

edit: $4 a month if you use your checking account..Or $7 if you use credit card

And no I don’t hate capitalism, LOL
View Quote

There's an easy way around it if you're trying to sell something.

Just put an email address in the ad. That way non premium members can still contact you. That's what I've done recently and had no issues.

I'm kind of shocked i haven't seen this there more often.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I could see them charging a listing fee, but needing a subscription to even contact a seller is BS.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I tried signing up using my credit card and both times the transaction wasnt finished on their end and I wont link my bank accouunt to anywhere.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:27:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I‘ve been using the site since it first started.

Paying to post an ad is understandable but they want twice what I’m willing to pay to be a general participant.  I’m seeing plenty of scams being posted already and not convinced that part of it is working.

I’d be more worried about the security of my personal information because they’re no doubt a target for hackers.

Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:29:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 10:00:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Armslist has been a shit show for some time.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 4:51:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 9:08:25 AM EDT
[#12]
So what are our options now?? Besides Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 9:33:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

While this might be true...our options are limited and they were one of the few that allow gun parts to be sold
View Quote

About a year ago I started selling off a collection. I used Armslist, gun shows, and Gunbroker. Gunbroker by far was the smoothest. Gun shows had a lot of "lookie lou's", and Gunbroker had a lot of spammers, false flags, and general bullshit.

There's also the arfcom EE, which netted me a few sales.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

About a year ago I started selling off a collection. I used Armslist, gun shows, and Gunbroker. Gunbroker by far was the smoothest. Gun shows had a lot of "lookie lou's", and Gunbroker had a lot of spammers, false flags, and general bullshit.

There's also the arfcom EE, which netted me a few sales.
View Quote

In my experience Armslist has the most spammers/false flags/general bullshit, though it becomes easy enough to spot after a while.  Though that's easier for an old experienced phart like myself to say.

Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:33:41 AM EDT
[#15]
any local Wisconsin FF alternatives?

I have a bunch of stuff I want to trade and have been using armlist since the beggining.
they have had a few data breaches so not going to pay them. Plust they are doing recurring monthly

I'd pay a yearly if not horrible but don't want to worry about a monthly.

man this year just blows
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 11:54:12 AM EDT
[#17]
I've had a few things up for sale on Armslist for a while, and they never said anything about a charge, but, a LOT of scammers.

I just went on Armslist, and it wants me to upgrade my membership, which I assume means $$
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 12:13:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Theres a couple of WI gun for sale groups on MeWe.com

Wisconsins Largest Firearms Sales Group

WISCONSIN ONLY FIREARMS & AMMO FOR SALE OR TRADE

are the two I'm a member of.  Both seem to be picking up since armslist shot themselves.

Theres also Gunlistings.org
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 1:17:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 8:30:18 PM EDT
[#20]
You know people could actually attach their location to their profiles here and all their classified ads would show up in the hometown EE section.... Kind of like an Armslist, by state and everything. There is literally the option already on this site, but no one takes advantage of it. Blows my mind.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 2:11:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You know people could actually attach their location to their profiles here and all their classified ads would show up in the hometown EE section.... Kind of like an Armslist, by state and everything. There is literally the option already on this site, but no one takes advantage of it. Blows my mind.
View Quote

I'm not very computer-literate.
I had no idea there was such an option, on this site, or, how to even view just Wisconsin ads.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I use that every once in awhile, so yes, people do take advantage of it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 10:25:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Preach it brother,  looking for  LPPs..
Also, not the A hole that has them for $85, because he has the same add in Upland Empire (Ca)
Where I'm sitting right now.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 10:30:04 PM EDT
[#24]
use Equipment exchange for selling~ussrangersm
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 10:54:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm not very computer-literate.
I had no idea there was such an option, on this site, or, how to even view just Wisconsin ads.
View Quote

Now I see it. Right at the top-DUH!!
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 11:49:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 12:12:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I use that every once in awhile, so yes, people do take advantage of it.
View Quote

I was being very broad and over generalizing the masses here. The amount of times you read about people complaining about this in GD is ridiculous. I didn’t mean no one in the absolute most literal context you took it in.

I’m glad you have it figured out at least. I wish more did and it actually had the amount of listings it should. Armslist is now at its peak with scam ads and worst functionality ever. I gave in and paid, but I still can’t email users or post an ad. I’ve emailed armslist non stop about this and continue to get the response, “ we are aware of the bugs and hope to have it resolved”. I’m paying for a product I cannot use. It’s pretty cool. Been a user there since it’s creation, but it’s become such a joke.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 9:50:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top