Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2012 1:03:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad to hear you found new work, but sad to hear you're relocating.  

I have no real advice to offer, except good luck!

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 1:19:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Dale it's been a slice. I wish you nothing but the best. I envy you in a way. You are able to move to another place, which may in all likelyhood be better than here. The wife and I have talked about moving and getting away from the crazies in this state, but I think in the end we are both to nervous about leaving the place we have called home for all our lives. Neither of us like change all that much, so relocating and essentially starting over would be very difficult for us.

God speed my friend, and may the road rise to meet your feet and all your days be sunny and warm.

BTW Tell your wife that her and I will have our one last evening together before she goes.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 1:24:10 PM EDT
[#3]
My parents live in north central FL and I think I can safely say you'll enjoy the lack of a state income tax.  I'm not sure exactly where in NE FL you plan to be in, but Jacksonville is a beautiful city/area.  Enjoy the sunshine and lack of snow 6 mos out of the year.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 1:29:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Good Luck and go kill some feral hogs in my name.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 1:31:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Good luck! Enjoy the Sunshine!
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My parents live in north central FL and I think I can safely say you'll enjoy the lack of a state income tax.  I'm not sure exactly where in NE FL you plan to be in, but Jacksonville is a beautiful city/area.  Enjoy the sunshine and lack of snow 6 mos out of the year.

Don't know what I'd prefer.... 6 months of cold & snow in the winter, or 6 months of heat & humidity in the summer. I guess I'd take the cold winter vs hot/humid summer, but YMMV.

Good luck on your relocation. At least you're going to a state with pretty good gun laws. My sister moved to Naples FL about 10 years ago... she loves it down there. Remember, you don't have to live in WI to participate in the WI HTF... you're "grandfathered in".
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 1:36:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 1:47:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Really being that I embrace change, it's been too long since I threw our lives into utter chaos.

I thought it would be tough getting the wife on board with the move but she is excited.

I am looking at the Atlantic coast from Jacksonville down possibly as far as Palm Coast or even Daytona if the right place comes along.

Luckily there are a bunch of good guys in the Florida HTF so hopefully I can find a place to shoot and some guys to shoot with.

My cousin lived in Tampa for years. We would go down to visit and he would take us shooting @ a range in the Ocala national forest near Juniper Springs.
Thats a cool place.
Well Dale good luck and I'll be looking for your post in the EE for your snow blower and shovels for sale.......
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 1:48:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Good luck down there.

Find the nearest Packers bar, have a JaegerBomb and remember us in January when we're freezing our cans off.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 2:08:13 PM EDT
[#10]
 for us.
for you.

Congrats on the new job!
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 2:12:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Good luck!
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 2:27:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Unimac?

Dale, this sucks. Just when I get to know someone who I can count on to always give me a straight answer in our industry, and a damn fine guy too, you leave.

Damn.

On a bright side, you lucky bastard! You did it didn't you? You got the end-all, be-all, job of a lifetime?! Good for you buddy!! I am VERY happy for you!

Lets talk this week sometime and catch up on the new job!!

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 2:31:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Congrats and good luck!  Goodbye blizzards, hello hurricanes!
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 2:44:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Best of luck Dale. I still remember some good times from that first Shiocton shoot :)

Enjoy the weather, laws, and no snow!
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 3:05:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 3:41:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unimac?

Dale, this sucks. Just when I get to know someone who I can count on to always give me a straight answer in our industry, and a damn fine guy too, you leave.

Damn.

On a bright side, you lucky bastard! You did it didn't you? You got the end-all, be-all, job of a lifetime?! Good for you buddy!! I am VERY happy for you!

I'm getting out of the sales arena.  I will leave that for someone who is more hungry for sales than I am.

I am taking the position of Field Service Manager for the Southeast Region.

I will only have 7 states to cover instead of 13 states and 3 provinces and I won't have to lose sleep worrying where the sales are going to come from.

Mind if we still chat from time to time??  Glad to hear you're back to where you shined the brightest!! You were damn good in that role Dale.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 4:03:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 4:06:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#19]
My advice...Don't leave the house betwen July and August.

It's fucking miserably hot.

I'd much rather freeze my ass off half the year and have a nice summer than sweat all but 3 months out of the year.

lol, I do envy you though, I love Florida and vacation there every year with family in the Orlando area.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 4:55:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Best of Luck Dale.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 4:58:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Best of luck!
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:29:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Good luck Dale. I hope you and your family enjoy the change.Watch out for the Pythons.....
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:44:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unimac?

Damn.

I'm getting out of the sales arena.  I will leave that for someone who is more hungry for sales than I am.

I am taking the position of Field Service Manager for the Southeast Region.

I will only have 7 states to cover instead of 13 states and 3 provinces and I won't have to lose sleep worrying where the sales are going to come from.

Mind if we still chat from time to time??  Glad to hear you're back to where you shined the brightest!! You were damn good in that role Dale.

I don't plan on changing my phone number so feel free to call any time.  Now I will have a finger on the pulse of what's happening on the product side of the business.

I will be handling all brands other than IPSO.

That sounds great! Good to hear you're going back into the Unimac line. My favorite OPL in the world. Good to know I'll know someone who has a clue, and can shoot the shit once in a while.

I'll admit, I'm envious of where you're going, and what you're doing. I wish you nothing less than the best of luck!

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:59:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Good luck!  New surroundings = new opportunities.  Feral hogs would be my "go to" thing if I was in the south.  Year round season with unlimited bag limits.

Just don't fuck up on your chads, o.k.?

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 7:52:24 PM EDT
[#25]
hey enjoy the snowless winters, good luck to you!

there aren't any basements down there, buy land with room to expand if you are able.

watch where you step there are lots of pigmy rattlesnakes, cooperheads, moccasins,coral, and full size rattlesnakes.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 7:59:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Good Luck!
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 9:12:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Sweet a free place to crash next year for bike week.

I second don't leave the house from late may through early September , good luck.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 9:52:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Good luck in FL, Dale. It was nice meeting you.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 11:28:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Good luck to you!  And just think, when you retire, you'll already be in FL!
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 3:11:11 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Good luck to you! And just think, when you retire, you'll already be in FL can retire in the north woods of Wisconsin!

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 3:50:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Good luck!
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 5:09:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I am looking at the Atlantic coast from Jacksonville down possibly as far as Palm Coast or even Daytona if the right place comes along.

Amelia Island at the North end, New Smyrna at the South end.  Your wife will like both.  If you are going to move that far, I am not sure I would want to go to all that trouble to live inside Jacksonville.

Or at the very minimum, as I like to say, live outside the bypass.  If you need to fly to work it is an easy drive in to the airport.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 5:15:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 5:22:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amelia Island at the North end, New Smyrna at the South end.  Your wife will like both.  If you are going to move that far, I am not sure I would want to go to all that trouble to live inside Jacksonville.

Or at the very minimum, as I like to say, live outside the bypass.  If you need to fly to work it is an easy drive in to the airport.

Good luck!

I am not interested in living inside the bypass, but there do seem to be some nice places south or east of Jacksonville and a lot of nice places down by Saint Augustine.

I would even consider living as far down the coast as Daytona-ish.

Well, then it is safe to say you will like the two spots I mentioned and the spaces in between.

Or you could live in GA!  If you live in Waycross, I can make a few calls for you.  Don't use my name in Bainbridge.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 9:04:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Palatka is a very nice area with in easy driving distance of the Ocala national forest.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 9:06:03 AM EDT
[#36]
With the shuttle project closed down there should be some really sweet deals on real estate just to the south of Daytona.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 9:39:08 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

With the shuttle project closed down there should be some really sweet deals on real estate just to the south of Daytona.

This is true but I was down there in December (Cocoa Beach area) and noticed it was..."off". In speaking with people, that was the result of the end of the shuttle program and everything related. Lots of impact on the area and though there may be deals, I doubt it will recover (other than packed hotels on the weekend with beach goers).

On the plus side, the Knight's Armament compound looked to be busy.

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 12:40:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Top Top