Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2012 5:37:25 PM EDT
http://fox6now.com/2012/03/25/man-credits-concealed-carry-weapon-for-saving-two-lives/

Didn't see this posted yet.  This makes example #2 in Milwaukee of a permit holder stopping a crime.  No shots fired in this one.  Not bad for 4 months into our new ccw law here.  

I had to dig for this news article, I barely caught the piece on the local news last night.  Crickets out there, where is WAVE at?

Link Posted: 3/26/2012 5:50:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Betcha plenty of these type incidents occured before Act 35, too. I know they did... don't ask me why I'm so positively certain. If no shots were fired, it went unreported, as the intended victim likely feared legal repercussions for illegally carrying for self defense. Now they can be reported and perhaps the perps apprehended.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 6:26:10 AM EDT
[#2]
If the guy in the van already had a gun, the would-be victim's should have gone "bang" as soon as he pulled it out. You don't wait to see if you might scare him off.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 6:43:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If the guy in the van already had a gun, the would-be victim's should have gone "bang" as soon as he pulled it out. You don't wait to see if you might scare him off.

The way the article is written, it sounds like the man in the van never actually pointed the gun at the victim.  It also sounds like the victim never even saw a gun, only heard a cocking noise.  If that's the case, not sure it would have been wise to shoot the man in the van.  What if it turned out he didn't have a gun?

ETA:  It's hard to tell the way it's written, I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 6:01:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I am glad things ended the way they did but if someone pulled a weapon on my fiancée and I saw the gun the words drop it would be followed by the bang of my weapon.
Weapon, intent, and delivery system = real threat to me.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 6:41:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am glad things ended the way they did but if someone pulled a weapon on my fiancée and I saw the gun the words drop it would be followed by the bang of my weapon.

This
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 6:59:38 AM EDT
[#6]
There was actually a 2 minute blurb on the news about this the other night.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 8:52:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There was actually a 2 minute blurb on the news about this the other night.

It was rather odd to see a more positive spin on CCW from the media.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 6:00:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Definitely less coverage when shots aren't fired.  Like Aldis.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 12:58:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They would hear the "drop it" after getting a double tap!
Hopefully, I'll never be in that situation.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 1:31:13 PM EDT
[#10]
"Yo, Homie... is that my briefcase?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiqwF_Y9S5Q&feature=related
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 1:53:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"Yo, Homie... is that my briefcase?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiqwF_Y9S5Q&feature=related

Ouch That's Going To Hurt...

Speaking of briefcases....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top