Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2007 6:07:38 PM EDT

I got him in the 13th. He has about 1" spurs, 9" beard. Registered it the next day, so it was wet from ice water from the cooler BUT was gutted and it weighted in at 26lbs.

Was a 35 yard shot, used my 835 with 2oz loads of #4 shot.

This is the first turkey I ever got. Had been going out for 5 years and have seen them and chatted with a bunch of hens but this is the first time I was able to get a tom into range.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:53:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Good for you!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:49:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Grats!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#3]
very nice gobbler !
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:33:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm disapointed in you.
You should have used the saiga!!!!

Nice bird where were you hunting at?
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:57:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Poor innocent bird, just walking thru the woods and then BLAM!!!!

Just kidding! Nice bird, Wild turkey in the big deep frier things taste awesome!!! IF you have one I would recommend cooking him that way, you won't regret it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:15:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm disapointed in you.
You should have used the saiga!!!!

Nice bird where were you hunting at?

The siga didnt pattern well with the 3" loads i had plus the 835 Tactical Turkey was just too sexy to leave at home. The saiga did come along to kill some water bottles.

We were on Bens dads buddys land. Its in the south western part of Sheboygan county. Ben and his dad go deer hunting there and they always see turkeys. Ben didnt get a bird but he was calling back and forth with a tom about 30 yards away from him for about 2 hours. The damn thing woulnt come over the hill.

I think he had more fun calling with the bird than i did actualy getting a bird. Mine just came walking through the tree line into the corn field and within 2 minuits i had him.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Which ones you?  

Just kidding - GREAT take!

Peace,

Dean
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top