Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 4:54:20 AM EDT
Not that I'm surprised at all, but I just thought I'd let you guys know what an idiot this guy is:

Dear XXXXXXX,

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding Assembly Bill 763 and Senate Bill 403, regarding the carrying of concealed weapons in Wisconsin. I appreciate the time you took to convey your thoughts to me on this sensitive topic.

As you know, proponents of the legislation expected 35,000 individuals to apply for a concealed weapon permit, which in turn could have meant 35,000 more guns on our streets. I can no in good faith support any public measure which would encourage or provoke the incidences of violent crime in our state.

Furthermore, AB 763/SB 403 would have allowed concealed weapons in places such as youth sporting events, airports, taverns, buildings used for child care, domestic violence shelters, healthcare facilities, public or private universities, colleges, technical colleges, and religious services. Even more disturbing, however, this legislation would have actually reduced the penalties incurred by students who bring a gun into their school.

Largely due to law enforcement and other prevention efforts, however, Wisconsin continues to boast one of the lowest crime rates in the nation; with our rate of violent crime dropping steadily for the past 10 years. At a rate of 1.2 per 1,000 people, violent crime in the 27th Senate District is consistently one of the lowest in the state and in the nation. Despite Wisconsin's 150 year old ban on the carrying of concealed weapons, our state has managed to remain one of the safest in the country. The surest way to guarantee that our elevated quality of life and sense of security persists is to maintain our state's ban on the carrying of concealed weapons.

Fortunately, Governor Doyle had the foresight to veto this dangerous legislation, a move which was ultimately upheld by the State Legislature. As a result, Wisconsin will continue to be one of the safest and greatest places to live, work and raise a family.

Again, thank you for contacting me. If, in the future, you have other comments or concerns, please feel free to contact me again.

Sincerely,

Jon Erpenbach
State Senator
27th Senate District

I'm sorry, but this just pisses me off. This guy has his head so far up his ass. I don't even know if it's worth responding to him though. I mainly wanted to post this because I wanted everyone to see how little this guy thinks of our rights.

If I do write him back I was thinking of saying something along the lines of making sure that I let all 35,000 of those people, who would have gotten CCW, know how little Jon Erpenbach thinks of their rights. I'll do my best to make sure that all 35,000 of them vote him out of office next time he comes up for re-election.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:28:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Let's see, his district probably has (guestimating based on pop figures for Dane County here) 150,000 people in it.  That would mean rougly 4 of his constituants will die from violent crime if this is an "average" year.

Do you think he'll commit to attending all 4 funerals, and apologizing to each victim's family for failing to support legislation that might have kept those mothers/daughters/brothers/fathers alive?  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:54:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Did he even read the bill.I'm pretty sure some of the places he listed are where CC wasn't permitted according to the bill.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:24:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Did he even read the bill.I'm pretty sure some of the places he listed are where CC wasn't permitted according to the bill.

Doesn't sound like he read it to me. But I don't even know if it's worth responding. I'm sure I'll just get the typical political response where he avoids all the facts and jumps right into the emotional argument of how blood will run in the streets and ice cream truck drivers will be selling AK's to 5 year olds if the PPA passes.

ETA: I'm not the greatest with words and I just don't have time to write a response until next week, but if anyone wants to try their hand at a response I would really appreciate it and I'd be glad to send it back to him.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:26:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+111111111
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:45:19 AM EDT
[#5]
What a tard, I am truely sorry that sucks.

Maybe you could point out the fact that we across the border have it and nothing bad has happened here. But that would not make sense to a idiot.

Libitard isum is a mental disorder that can't be fixed you can't reason with them because facts do not play a part in thier tought prosses.

But I can't spell so what do I know.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:00:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What a tard, . I am truely truly sorry. tThat sucks.

Maybe you could point out the fact that we across the border have it had our own version of the PPA, andyet nothing bad has happened here. But Unfortunately, that would not make sense to an idiot.

Libtard isum Libitardism is a mental disorder that can't be fixed. yYou can't reason with them because facts do not play a part in thier tought prosses thought processes.

But I can't spell, nor do I have a basic understanding of grammar, so what do I know.

Yathink?

<Edit, I've now fixed the post above so someone with a command of the English language can read it>  

Whatcha doin' over here anyhow, ya 'sotan misspellin' fool?

Edit 2: Sorry Death, I'm having a rough day and it seems I've lost the ability to make my humor subtle.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:29:38 PM EDT
[#7]

As you know, proponents of the legislation expected 35,000 individuals to apply for a concealed weapon permit, which in turn could have meant 35,000 more guns on our streets.

Make that 35,001. I was planning on carrying 2 guns.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:00:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I was planning on carrying 2 guns.

Lightweight.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:36:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What a tard, . I am truely truly sorry. tThat sucks.

Maybe you could point out the fact that we across the border have it had our own version of the PPA, andyet nothing bad has happened here. But Unfortunately, that would not make sense to an idiot.

Libtard isum Libitardism is a mental disorder that can't be fixed. yYou can't reason with them because facts do not play a part in thier tought prosses thought processes.

But I can't spell, nor do I have a basic understanding of grammar, so what do I know.

Yathink?

<Edit, I've now fixed the post above so someone with a command of the English language can read it>  

Whatcha doin' over here anyhow, ya 'sotan misspellin' fool?  ME

Edit 2: Sorry Death, I'm having a rough day and it seems I've lost the ability to make my humor subtle.

Your just makeing it harder on your self when I come to visit.  
No more grab ass for you it is a kick to the ding ding! It's on now.  
You want a piece of me old man Im coming out of the booth at ya.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You're just makeing making it harder on your self yourself when I come to visit.  
No more grab ass for you, it is a kick to the ding ding! It's on now.  
You want a piece of me, old man? I'm coming out of the booth at ya.  

...must...stop...correcting...

Fix my wrist unlocking, and I'll let you kick me in the nuts.

"Coming out of the booth" at me? WTH is that about?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Fix my wrist unlocking, and I'll let you kick me in the nuts.

Does that offer include letting me kick you in the nads as well?? I can fix your wrist for ya.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:05:47 PM EDT
[#12]
If we don't get doyle out of office we''ll never have CCW!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:21:42 PM EDT
[#13]
He must have sent tons of these out this week.  My wife and I, as well as at least one other person I know, received identical letters yesterday.

Heir Erpenbach is simply one of the pigs in the Animal Farm.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was planning on carrying 2 guns.

Lightweight.  

Ya but my main was gonna be an AR pistol and my BUG is a H&K Mark 23. Can I be back in the club again pleaseeeeeee?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:47:39 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Ya but my main was gonna be an AR pistol and my BUG is a H&K Mark 23. Can I be back in the club again pleaseeeeeee?

Not quite yet.

You must first conform to my evil master plan:

Vector V51 Pistol Primary
AK Krink BUG

Your BUBUG may be the H&K, but I would suggest a 1911 instead...it's a bit more concealable.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:41:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
He must have sent tons of these out this week.  My wife and I, as well as at least one other person I know, received identical letters yesterday.

Heir Erpenbach is simply one of the pigs in the Animal Farm.

That's what I figured. I don't see much use in writing him back. We just need to try and vote him (and Doyle) out of office!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:06:49 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
If we don't get doyle out of office we''ll never have CCW!

Thats not true, what we really need to get is a veto proof majority then it doesn't matter if he wins again or if he vetoes it againbecause we would have the votes needed to override no matter what. Getting rid of Doyle would be nice but it sure as hell isn't nessesary.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:58:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Quoted:
You're just makeing making it harder on your self yourself when I come to visit.  
No more grab ass for you, it is a kick to the ding ding! It's on now.  
You want a piece of me, old man? I'm coming out of the booth at ya.  

...must...stop...correcting...

Fix my wrist unlocking, and I'll let you kick me in the nuts.   stop beating off so much give the wrist time to recover from over use.

"Coming out of the booth" at me? WTH is that about? [/quote  old Adam Sandler CD, "toll booth Willy".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top