Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/4/2006 1:52:50 PM EDT
Not going to mention anynames here but someone we know has a glock in his possessionI think the earth is shattering as we speak.  now the only question is will he decide to come over to the dark side  I feel the tactics employed against him were well thought out and calculated,  kinda like a drug dealer hey little kiddie try this.  Hey 1911 shooter try this just use it see what has been missing from your life ahhhh you like that and you need more  Anyway hope you enjoy it and you know this is all in good fun of course  

BTH out
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:05:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Does someone need to borrow my 'Tactical Tupperware' apron?!  Seriously, I think with some familiarity, the grip will grow on you.  Kinda like a fungus.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:24:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Not going to mention anynames here but someone we know has a glock in his possessionI think the earth is shattering as we speak.  now the only question is will he decide to come over to the dark side  I feel the tactics employed against him were well thought out and calculated,  kinda like a drug dealer hey little kiddie try this.  Hey 1911 shooter try this just use it see what has been missing from your life ahhhh you like that and you need more  Anyway hope you enjoy it and you know this is all in good fun of course  

BTH out

I bet he was the guy at my house last night trying my G19
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:01:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Taps foot  ....Beretta...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:04:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Glock!? *pukes*
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:57:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Negative Ghostrider.  Go around.

>>I<< am the the Glock-boy (for today).

Funny enough, I've already grabbed it once in anticipation of repelling boarders (4 punks - Latin Kings or somesuchcrap knocked on the door of our place last night at O-Dark-Hundred).  The fact that two "smiling" Rotties appeared in the window next to the front door immediately seemed to convince them that they had the wrong house.    Never had to open the door.

Damn but we gotta get out of town.

I grabbed the G21 'cause it was about 6" closer to me than the 1911, loaded with HST instead of ball, and had 2 extra rounds on tap.

On a related note, the time-space continuum will be safe until None decides he wants a Gee-lock wonder nine.  While I'll be playing with the 21, I discovered yesterday that my "muzzle-flip-control" issues are most likely caused by caliber, and NOT by pistol design or grip issues.

Thank heaven for small favors!

ETA: In the interest of giving the plstic fanatics a fair shake, I'll be carrying the 21 next week at the Arctic shakedown.  The USP and the 1911 will be there just in case though...Ya' know, in case the MZBs decide to attack an Arfcom SF function.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:49:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Even though I don't condone your glock would you let me shoot the USP sometime? I've been pondering getting one for awhile, but wanted to try one out first, let me know :)
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#7]
originally From DavidK

Glock!? *pukes*

With your age and experience level. Do you think it's a good idea to play the "Glocks Suck" card??
Do you own one?
Do you have Thousands of rds thru them and other Pistols to make a comparison?

I know it's cool to jump on certain bandwagons like Glocks suck because your read it or other people tell you  they suck..
but it shows a level of inexperience and immaturity... just something to think about........
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
originally From DavidK

Glock!? *pukes*

With your age and experience level. Do you think it's a good idea to play the "Glocks Suck" card??
Do you own one?
Do you have Thousands of rds thru them and other Pistols to make a comparison?

I know it's cool to jump on certain bandwagons like Glocks suck because your read it or other people tell you  they suck... but it shows a level of inexperience and immaturity... just something to think about........

Easy Harv.  I've probably got less than 1k through any manner of Austrian plastic, and have sort of the same reaction (every time I think about one, I get that "I just threw up a little" taste in my mouth).  

David, if we ever meet up, you can certianly try out the USP.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:55:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Funny enough, I've already grabbed it once in anticipation of repelling boarders (4 punks - Latin Kings or somesuchcrap knocked on the door of our place last night at O-Dark-Hundred).  The fact that two "smiling" Rotties appeared in the window next to the front door immediately seemed to convince them that they had the wrong house.    Never had to open the door.

Glad to hear everything was OK.  I imagine your two 'door greeters' can be very helpful in that sort of thing.

Damn but we gotta get out of town.

My thoughts exactly.  Working on that.  Maybe soon.

I grabbed the G21 'cause it was about 6" closer to me than the 1911, loaded with HST instead of ball, and had 2 extra rounds on tap.

On a related note, the time-space continuum will be safe until None decides he wants a Gee-lock wonder nine.  While I'll be playing with the 21, I discovered yesterday that my "muzzle-flip-control" issues are most likely caused by caliber, and NOT by pistol design or grip issues.

I don't know.  None may be corrupted by that left handed, gun nut friend of his.  And diddn't you say you had some flip issues even with the G19?  Maybe I'm remembering wrong.  But one things for sure: more trigger time is called for!

Thank heaven for small favors!

ETA: In the interest of giving the plstic fanatics a fair shake, I'll be carrying the 21 next week at the Arctic shakedown.  The USP and the 1911 will be there just in case though...Ya' know, in case the MZBs decide to attack an Arfcom SF function.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:16:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Negative Ghostrider.  Go around.

>>I<< am the the Glock-boy (for today).

What's the matter?
Got tired of never getting the seat facing the door?

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:32:47 AM EDT
[#11]
WOW Didn't mean to start the whole glock sucks thing.  I was just trying to give a friend a hard time.  People here are way to grumpy on Sundays I guess.  Anyway glad to hear your giving it a serious try.  Maybe now you can face the door

BTH out
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:46:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
WOW Didn't mean to start the whole glock sucks thing.  I was just trying to give a friend a hard time.  People here are way to grumpy on Sundays I guess.  Anyway glad to hear your giving it a serious try.  Maybe now you can face the door

BTH out

WTF I just shot your 40cal with the bad ass sights GLOCKS RULE just look at how many firearms mfg have copied them!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:43:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
...GLOCKS RULE just look at how many firearms mfg have copied them!

You mean like HK copying Glock with their polymer-framed pistols?  

Drawcut, I did get some flip with your 19.  I didn't get any pronounced flip with the XD9 Full or PM's BE.  Fullsize gun in 9mm = no flip with FMD.  Compact 9/40/45 or 45 fullsize seems to be a different story.

Maybe I just need to try a G17 for a while too...  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:09:42 PM EDT
[#14]
ahh the 17 now your talking my kind of pistol,  you can shoot mine anytime,  also have the 22 if you would like to try,  if you can't handle it we will see if we can find something in 25acp or 32 hahahaha  I have found most things in life are completely mental, mind over matter I know it bothers you to think of shooting a glock, so you probably aren't fully focused.  like drawcut said  only more trigger time will fix it.  keep shooting and don't worry what the rest of the people think,  If you really like the 1911 then use it.  anyway if you put your mind to it anything is possible.  heck maybe i'll even try a 1911 some time

BTH out
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:34:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I have an old beat on 17 if you want to hook up sometime and give it a run through.

I like Glocks. We own 2. They both shoot well. The 17 I have had for years and have run thousands upon thousands of rounds through it, without many issues. I got it used and I am sure the previous owner (a LEO) enjoyed it's reliability as well.

I boggles the mind why the 1911 punks seem to bash Glocks all the time about kabooms. 1911's have had thier far share of kabooms. But let's all turn a blind eye to anyhing that might be wrong with a John Browning created firearm.

Go Beretta.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:15:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I never said Glocks suck... ;) I just am not a fan of polymer pistols that's all, and I have to give him a hard time c'mon!

That'd be great FMD! You go to the Springbrook matches at all?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
You go to the Springbrook matches at all?

Never.  Looks like you'll have to make it out to a training class!

FT; there are 1911's, and then there are MY 1911's.  

My issue isn't necessarily with Kb's, but I don't like unsupported .45 chambers either.

ETA:

<==== "1911 Punk"  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:25:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Not going to mention anynames here but someone we know has a glock in his possession

BTH out

Wha'd you do, beat up Batch and take the G19?  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:43:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not going to mention anynames here but someone we know has a glock in his possession

BTH out

Wha'd you do, beat up Batch and take the G19?  

Nah, we told yer mom that you sent us, and she let us take yours.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:58:16 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...GLOCKS RULE just look at how many firearms mfg have copied them!

You mean like HK copying Glock with their polymer-framed pistols?  

Drawcut, I did get some flip with your 19.  I didn't get any pronounced flip with the XD9 Full or PM's BE.  Fullsize gun in 9mm = no flip with FMD.  Compact 9/40/45 or 45 fullsize seems to be a different story.

Maybe I just need to try a G17 for a while too...  

Just noticed this.  I thought that XD you shot was the service model, same as mine (4" bbl) and the same size as the G19.  The XD Tactical (5"bbl) would be similar in size to the G17.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:15:48 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BTH out

Wasn't me, but I put a couple mags through drawcuts 19 and liked it. I shot left for some odd reason but the grouping wasn't bad at all. I think I may get one, but I want a bit more trigger time first.

As for FMD, yah by the time BTH gets that 21 back I'm sure FMD will have some type of tactical tupperware thats not HK
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:39:54 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My issue isn't necessarily with Kb's, but I don't like unsupported .45 chambers either.

ETA:

<==== "1911 Punk"  

Not to continue the hijack but... what training? Could you provide me with a link? :)
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:49:23 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA:

<==== "1911 Punk"  

Not to continue the hijack but... what training? Could you provide me with a link? :)

Ahh Rookies.  Here is a link
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:54:03 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I shot left for some odd reason but the grouping wasn't bad at all.

Here ya go:

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:36:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Thanks for the link :P Once I get my fat self in shape I might attend some.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

[chain smoking fiend] Ya don't need to be in uber shape to train all you need is the correct mindset and a willingness to learn. [/chain smoking fiend]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:12:58 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[chain smoking fiend] Ya don't need to be in uber shape to train all you need is the correct mindset and a willingness to learn. [/chain smoking fiend]

I don't smoke or drink, but I am fat ;)
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:30:38 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
[snip]

I was wondering when you were going to show up to throw rocks!

Drawcut:  If the XD I shot has the same profile as your G19, maybe I should be looking at them.  I assumed it was a full size frame due to the lack of flip.  If it truly was the 4", then I dunno what to think, as the bore axis is higher than your 19, right?

Crap.  Just what I need...more fantastic plastic options.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:10:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Did I throw a rock??? Nope wasn't me and you can't prove anything. *walks off with nose in the air*
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:13:57 PM EDT
[#30]
DavidK
Springbrook is my new home range and I shoot their for the USPSA shoots. you come out this year and I let you shoot my uncool polymer G17

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't smoke or drink, but I am fat ;)

Unless your skin has grown into your couch and you cannot phisically leave your home, you can attend these classes.  I would encourage you to go in fact.
The training has helped all of us become better in one fasion or another.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:50:36 PM EDT
[#32]
And if you are too big to fit thru the door, some of us can probably come up with extrication equipment to help out with that as well

Otherwise get your butt out and train with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[snip]

I was wondering when you were going to show up to throw rocks!

Drawcut:  If the XD I shot has the same profile as your G19, maybe I should be looking at them.  I assumed it was a full size frame due to the lack of flip.  If it truly was the 4", then I dunno what to think, as the bore axis is higher than your 19, right?

Crap.  Just what I need...more fantastic plastic options.

Yep, the XD has a higher bore axis than the Glock.  I get a bit less flip with the Glock vs the XD myself.  Not joking about the trigger time.  Changing to a different grip angle may take some time.

RougeI: Can you confirm?  Is your XD a Service, 4" bbl model?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:31:30 PM EDT
[#34]
yeh the XD9 I have is the service model 4" put next to my 17 and is just a bit shoter 1/2" mabey.  other tnat that they are really close to the same size looks like the grip maybe slightly fatter on the 17 also. like drawcut and I stated keep pulling the trigger on different models till you find what you like.

BTH out
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:47:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Putting my XD9 Service and G19 side by side:

Slide length is almost the same, maybe 1/8" longer on the XD.  Barrel length is rated the same (4").

The XD's grip is longer than the G19.  About 3/4".
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:54:47 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I have an old beat on 17 if you want to hook up sometime and give it a run through.

Want to sell?  I have been looking for a beat up 17!!!!  

Drop me a line!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:47:23 AM EDT
[#37]
LOL! Harv, I have nothing against Glock's ;) Just don't like polymer. I just like to give people a hard time that's all :)

I'm partial to metal, which is why I'm a 1911 and Sig type of guy.

--

I'll come out to some training one of these times, I think it'd be fun.

--

I had a Ported XD in .40, it was a nice shooter, except that at night the porting in the barrrel shoots out like 1 foot long bursts temporarily blinding you, so I had to get rid of it. If I ever bought another XD I'd get the tactical and definitely NON-PORTED.

All around, I'd take a XD over a glock, for the simple fact that Glocks don't sit right in my hand, when I bring my arm up, I have to tilt my wrist to get the Glock aligned properly, with the XD I raise my arm and it's there...

Okay.. I'll stop rambling :)
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:01:47 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
LOL! Harv, I have nothing against Glock's ;) Just don't like polymer. I just like to give people a hard time that's all :)

--

--

I had a Ported XD in .40, it was a nice shooter, except that at night the porting in the barrrel shoots out like 1 foot long bursts temporarily blinding you, so I had to get rid of it. If I ever bought another XD I'd get the tactical and definitely NON-PORTED.

All around, I'd take a XD over a glock, for the simple fact that Glocks don't sit right in my hand, when I bring my arm up, I have to tilt my wrist to get the Glock aligned properly, with the XD I raise my arm and it's there...

Take a class with Sully sometime and that glock grip angle issues goes bye bye. I know cuz it did for me
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:02:28 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
 ....Beretta...

Italian for jam.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:07:50 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

--

--

Take a class with Sully sometime and that glock grip angle issues goes bye bye. I know cuz it did for me

Or I can just use an XD since it fits well already ;) It doesn't matter though, I'll take my Sig over an XD or Glock anyday, or a 1911.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:24:27 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

--

--

Or I can just use an XD since it fits well already ;) It doesn't matter though, I'll take my Sig over an XD or Glock anyday, or a 1911.

You brought up the grip angle issue I was just saying that if ya take a class with Sully that issue will go away. As much as I like the XD I still don't think it is anywhere near as good as a glock. The only thing I used to like about it over the glock was the grip, but that is no longer and issue.

But there is a heck of a lot more you get out of class to then just getting rid of grip angle issues and such.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:57:22 AM EDT
[#42]
It's not a big deal, because I have a Sig.. no need for a Glock ;) But yeah I definitly want to come to some training sometime. Just wish you guys were closer to mountain or appleton :(
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:27:26 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 ....Beretta...

Italian for jam.

Thems fight'n words!! Don't make me pimp slap you with my side handle batton. (some know what I mean)

Let me say this to further aggrivate the situation.
I own a G17 and I own a Kimber Custom, among others. I have had FAR less trouble with my beat down Glock then I had/have with the brand new 1911. With that said taking into account ammo usage amounts I have had even less trouble iwth my Beretta. I can honestly say I would trust my life and Melissa's life with either the glock or the Beretta. The same is not true for my Kimber. I in fact have thought about selling it and buying something else, just to get rid of the poor performing anchor. Another Beterra perhaps.

David 2 things. Like you the XD seems to fit better in my hands over the Glock.  
2. Just because you ave a sig does not mean you don't need a Glock. You can NEVER have to many guns.  PERIOD!

Oh yeah FMD, you are still a 1911 punk.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:40:11 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
 ....Beretta...

Italian for jam.

Thems fight'n words!! Don't make me pimp slap you with my side handle batton. (some know what I mean)

I own a G17 and I own a Kimber Custom, among others. I have had FAR less trouble with my beat down Glock then I had/have with the brand new 1911. With that said taking into account ammo usage amounts I have had even less trouble iwth my Beretta. I can honestly say I would trust my life and Melissa's life with either the glock or the Beretta. The same is not true for my Kimber. I in fact have thought about selling it and buying something else, just to get rid of the poor performing anchor. Another Beterra perhaps.

2. Just because you ave a sig does not mean you don't need a Glock. You can NEVER have to many guns.  PERIOD!

I agree you can never have too many guns, but why waste money on a glock ;)  (Don't get too mad Harv )

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Does the Kimber have the internal or external extractor?

1911's can be screwwy.  Kimber and Para are both known for taking a good design and mucking it up with things like full-length guide rods, external extractors, weird firing pin saftey configurations, double-stack mags, etc. etc. ad nauseum.  We won't even mention 3" bull barrels and a DA trigger.  

Every pistol model out there (even the almighty Glock) has its lemons.  1911's have more than their fair share, because everyone makes one.  I'd bet (and do bet) my life on the reliability of a loose-as-hell Series 70 or 80 Colt ANY day.

While I happen to have a G21 on my hip right now (thank you, rouge1), I also have two 1911's on the desk in front of me.

It's the singer, not the song, folks.  Remember that.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:48:40 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
 ....Beretta...

Italian for jam.

Hey!!!!  How many rounds do you have through the Kimber?  Mine took a few hundred before the occasional failures went away.  Every so often it would stop before fully chambering a live round.  This is the pistol I had in the DETC class BTW.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 ....Beretta...

Italian for jam.

The only thing wrong with Berettas, is the safety lever......it's mounted too high and moves the wrong direction!  I have seen a few Berettas, never saw one that didn't run right.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:19:57 PM EDT
[#48]
This bears repeating:

Quoted:
Every pistol model out there (even the almighty Glock) has its lemons.

I would only change that from 'pistol' to 'man-made device'.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:43:24 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Does the Kimber have the internal or external extractor?

1911's can be screwwy.  Kimber and Para are both known for taking a good design and mucking it up with things like full-length guide rods, external extractors, weird firing pin saftey configurations, double-stack mags, etc. etc. ad nauseum.  We won't even mention 3" bull barrels and a DA trigger.  

Every pistol model out there (even the almighty Glock) has its lemons.  1911's have more than their fair share, because everyone makes one.  I'd bet (and do bet) my life on the reliability of a loose-as-hell Series 70 or 80 Colt ANY day.

While I happen to have a G21 on my hip right now (thank you, rouge1), I also have two 1911's on the desk in front of me.

It's the singer, not the song, folks.  Remember that.  

It has the internal extractor. Tal;k to Kimber after the other post. The techs answer was to try and retune the extractor again a little more to the right. Fire another 150 rounds through it and if it does not clean up the problem then I should call him back and more than likely send it back to them. Funny thing is I have a friend that bought the same model from the same store. The S?N's ar only 10 apart. He had the exact same problem with his. The problem to be specific in rounds getting jammed by being forced up into the hood. and not into the chamber.

As to the round count I would have to say 1500-1700 tops. The gun never shot right in the first place. So I never shot it that much. I don't really know whay I chose to wait this long to do anything about it. I have owned it for about 8 or 9 years and just last August decided to try and get it running right.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:28:08 PM EDT
[#50]
I can say I had an opportunity to shoot and observe Hundreds of M9 Beretta's using pre Checkmate (read Beretta factory) mags and found them to be extremely reliable and accurate for their intended purpose. My own personally owned model had thousands of rounds thru it over a 10 year period and never had issues. I agrees it's more the singer then the song...Tools don't make a carpenter great...only skill

from David K

I agree you can never have too many guns, but why waste money on a glock ;) (Don't get too mad Harv )

You bring your young inexperienced 18 year old ass out to the range and I will educate you on your pre conceived notions. You keep posting that glocks make you puke and are a waste of money and your partial to  steel 1911's and Sigs.... do you own a pistol??. If your this close-minded at 18, your gonna have a difficult time accepting and absorbing ANY training that is offered to you......
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top