Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 9:50:24 AM EDT
My mom teaches sociology at UW Parkside and I guess knew her well.

CALEDONIA – A Racine man accused of murder allegedly shot 22-year-old Stefnee Goines seven times before leaving her body in a ditch along 4 Mile Road, according to a criminal complaint filed by the Racine County District Attorney’s office.

Vincent Cosey, 26, of 1524 Maple St., was charged Tuesday afternoon with first-degree intentional homicide. Cosey is accused of murdering Goines on Jan. 14, the complaint said.

Cosey said he accidentally shot Goines, according to the complaint. She suffered three gunshot wounds to the back of the head, two in the lower back, one in the shoulder and one in the right hand.

The complaint described Cosey as Goines’ boyfriend. A friend of Goines told authorities she heard Cosey yelling at Goines on the night she was found murdered.

Cosey’s mother, Sonja Blake, told authorities that she spoke to her son after the alleged murder, the complaint said. In the conversation, she told authorities that her son admitted to the killing, according to the complaint.

Cosey appeared in court Tuesday by video conference. He is being held at the Racine County Jail on a $300,000 cash bond. His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Feb. 2.

Goines was a student at UW-Parkside.

link

`She was a ray of sunshine': Stefnee Goines' relatives are stunned by her murder
By Janine Anderson

Three days after Stefnee Goines' body was found in a Caledonia ditch, her family is struggling to understand why she was murdered.

Goines' body was found by a passing motorist at 9:15 p.m. Saturday in the 9500 block of 4 Mile Road; she had been shot seven times.

"This has shocked our entire family," said Chanelle Gandy, one of Goines' cousins. "We are just stunned. We don't understand. Š I want people to know she wasn't an average woman. She was in school and worked at the church. She was a very good role model for her fellow cousin."

Goines had worked in the church office at St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church, 1120 Grand Ave., since she was in high school. She was a student at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside, majoring in sociology and anthropology. She started in the fall as a junior, but had enough credits that when she returned this winter, she was due to be a senior.

"Stefnee was always an inquisitive, precocious child," said second-cousin Craig Oliver Sr., who also worked with her at St. Paul's. "She was very introspective, very serious. She was always a very serious person."

Oliver is 25 years older than Goines, and he watched her grow up, as a family member and as a church member.

"It's kind of difficult to describe her," he said. "You have to experience her. People say that in death you tend to elevate people to sainthood. I'm not saying she was a saint, but it's hard to find a better person than Stefnee."

Oliver said Goines showed incredible dedication to the church, continuing to work there even though she could have taken other positions that would have paid more money. Finding someone to take over, to do all the things she has done for the past eight years, will be difficult.

"She left some tremendous shoes to fill," Oliver said.

Goines assisted the church secretary and finance officer and served on almost every committee the church had.

"We were so proud of how she was doing at school and balancing work and school," Oliver said. "We were very proud of all the things she'd been able to accomplish in her short live."

Oliver and Goines shared an interest in jazz music as well as their dedication to the church. She took a class on jazz at Parkside, he said, and she came to him looking for help finding a place where she could hear the music played live. She and several others from the class went to the Yardarm to listen to acoustic jazz groups play.

"She thought that was so neat, to listen to live jazz," Oliver said.

Her devotion to her church was amazing, Oliver said, and she was always willing to help.

"If all else fails, you could call Stefnee in the midnight hour and she'll come out of her bed and come here," he said. "You will not find one person to have something bad to say about this young lady."

As the days pass, as the family gets closer to finalizing funeral arrangements, her death is becoming more real, Oliver said.

"As time goes on and more things come out and we move closer to making funeral arrangements, it's hitting people harder," he said. "It's affecting different people in different ways. This tragedy has been embraced and has infected a lot of people and affected people a lot of ways."

Little kids miss her giving them candy and yelling at them to stop running in the building, adults who come into the church miss her smile, her assistance and her help, Oliver said.

"We're not adding yeast to her memory," Oliver said. "Everything we say is true. Everything we say is verifiable. She was a ray of sunshine."

Hmm just told by a co-worker that there was a shooting at 4something this morning two people shot one is dead. So we are starting off this new year the same way we ended last year......
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:50:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Waste of air we need the death penalty
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:06:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Well its sad anytime someone is killed before thier time. I had seen this girl in the hallways at the U, but never had any interactions with her. I'm sure in the following days and weeks there will be ralleys and protest at UWP  talking about how guns killed her and no mention of the shithead that actually killed her. This dude was a waste of sperm from way back, convicted felon with a list of other violations.

this is a link to the shit heads record  SHIT HEAD
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:24:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I agree.  The most productive use of this scheiss kopf would be to grind him up and use him as fertilizer.  There's some outstanding carbon, nitrogen, calcium, etc. that is walking around when it should be in the ground!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well its sad anytime someone is killed before thier time. I had seen this girl in the hallways at the U, but never had any interactions with her. I'm sure in the following days and weeks there will be ralleys and protest at UWP  talking about how guns killed her and no mention of the waste of sperm that actually killed her. This dude was a waste of sperm from way back, convicted felon with a list of other violations.

this is a link to the shit heads record  SHIT HEAD

Well your link shows just what a upstanding fine young man he is

Lets see dealing coke, driving after revocation (5th offense), battery. Yep sounds like someone I want babysitting my daughter.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:02:59 PM EDT
[#5]
after doing a little more searching on CCAPS there are atleast 3 brothers; Ernest, Randy and Vincent Crosey all have the same address's at one time o another. There is a female Katrina crosey that lives out on 4 mile road. ALl three males are felons with cocaine, obstruction, and battery charges. Some have gun convictions ect. Real steller family. I found it intresting that they found the body on 4mile road in the same area as the adress of Katrina corsey.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:05:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree.  The most productive use of this scheiss kopf would be to grind him up and use him as fertilizer target practice and/or a nice testing medium for new bullets.  There's some outstanding carbon, nitrogen, calcium, etc. that is walking around when it should be in the ground!

There I fixed it for ya.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:37:18 PM EDT
[#7]
The girl who was murdered graduated from Case a year ahead of me, I vaguely remember seeing her around.

I also know the guy who shot the car thiefs yesterday. He's a nice guy and an extremely hard worker. Certainly not an awful violent thug as some are depicting him as, at least from what I've known.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:50:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The girl who was murdered graduated from Case a year ahead of me, I vaguely remember seeing her around.

I also know the guy who shot the car thiefs yesterday. He's a nice guy and an extremely hard worker. Certainly not an awful violent thug as some are depicting him as, at least from what I've known.

Do you know if she's any relation to Alex Goines? He and I went to school together back in middle school and used to play palyground Bball together. She looks familiar as hell to me and I just can't figure out where from. I went to Park so it's not from High School.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:29:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you know if she's any relation to Alex Goines? He and I went to school together back in middle school and used to play palyground Bball together. She looks familiar as hell to me and I just can't figure out where from. I went to Park so it's not from High School.

No clue, I didn't really know her aside from remembering seeing her around school.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:45:36 AM EDT
[#10]

So how exactly do you accidently shoot someone 7 times??

Well see, .... what happen wuzz .............

I was carryin' 7+1, and meant to cap dat muh-fugguh eight times, but I mist wit one.

Con-se-quently, I axidently shot him seven times.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:27:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Heard from a LE buddy that he had her laying prone out in a ditch alone the road then shot her she had her hands behind her head
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:58:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Heard from a LE buddy that he had her laying prone out in a ditch alone the road then shot her she had her hands behind her head

That would explaine the shot to the hand.

Hey I need contact info, email preferable for RPD and a couple of the other PDs that use our facility so I can forward class info to them in case they have any interested officers.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:20:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Call Kay
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:06:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, and if she doesn't want to cooperate, remind her that we all bought her raffle tickets.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top