Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 7:09:48 AM EDT
Got to clean some stuff out of the trailor on the 25, going to run some drills/beat an optic a little bit. Any of ya usual suspects what to join me feel free. I'll be out there after 1600.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#1]
25 is trashed again low life sons of bitches wait till Me or some of the AR 15 crew catch your sorry ass your toast( This post does not reflect people here I'm just sick of this shit and venting as I know other club guys are) Did a safety walk Sunday with 4 new members and they see how some of the members take care of the club just makes me sick we need to catch one of these pukes and boot there ass out of the club keep you eyes open it could have been trespassers but that's another story
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:59:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
25 is trashed again low life sons of bitches wait till Me or some of the AR 15 crew catch your sorry ass your toast( This post does not reflect people here I'm just sick of this shit and venting as I know other club guys are)

Hmm time to get a ghillie and go hang out at the club working on stalking skills, I'll bring the camera and shoot the fuckers with that.

They better get this shit out of thier system before we fix that range up. Cuz once we do I WILL be out there waiting for someone to fucking trash it so that they can be made an example of.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:00:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
25 is trashed again low life sons of bitches wait till Me or some of the AR 15 crew catch your sorry ass your toast( This post does not reflect people here I'm just sick of this shit and venting as I know other club guys are)

Hmm time to get a ghillie and go hang out at the club working on stalking skills, I'll bring the camera and shoot the fuckers with that.

They better get this shit out of thier system before we fix that range up. Cuz once we do I WILL be out there waiting for someone to fucking trash it so that they can be made an example of.

FUCKING A
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:16:44 PM EDT
[#4]
the 25 meter range was repaired and got trashed yet again?!?!?!
un frigin believeable.
Im always up for getting more hours, count me in when the repair happens.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:13:45 PM EDT
[#5]
What keeps happening to the range? Yes, trashed I know, but how so?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:22:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

People purposely shoot at the target holders and destroy them.  It's not just a round or two going wild - it's clearly on purpose.  4 x 4 posts will be shot off at the base.  They'll also leave all kinds of trash out after they've shot it up.  Like cardboard, paint cans, bowling balls, most anything you can think of.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:21:14 PM EDT
[#7]
It needs a good clean up.  I got four days off comming up shortly i'm going out there on one of them and cleaning that place up.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:57:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

People purposely shoot at the target holders and destroy them.  It's not just a round or two going wild - it's clearly on purpose.  4 x 4 posts will be shot off at the base.  They'll also leave all kinds of trash out after they've shot it up.  Like cardboard, paint cans, bowling balls, most anything you can think of.

I don't usually use this type of language online here but,..... What a bunch of fuck sticks. I feel your pain. I have a private range I shoot on. Family owns it, I pay for everything that is out there. People still shoot my stuff to shit. I know it is not the property owners,but people around the area that shoot there.

I bet your problem is with people that are not members.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:27:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I am willing to go clean the 25 yard gun range and help with repairs. Call me,if you dont have my number anymore you can call kaboom.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I need to get some hours in before the end of the month.  Mark what needs to be fixed, as in what type of tools, material should I bring.  I can do it tomorrow after work.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:25:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I need to get some hours in before the end of the month.  Mark what needs to be fixed, as in what type of tools, material should I bring.  I can do it tomorrow after work.

The major thing is that it needs to have the target stand rebuilt. But there is a lot of trash too, lots of empty detergent bottles and shit like that.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:59:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Is there lumber in the garage to repair them, or would I need to pick some up?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:01:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Hmm good question not sure.

Would you guys be up for doing this sunday sometime?

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmm good question not sure.

Would you guys be up for doing this sunday sometime?

We have a place to get lumber I will check on it I have some other ideas that I got from Paul about target holder we may have to build a test one to see how it works

As far as the range shape target holder in very bad shape and FUCKING Garbage all over.
We need to find some guilty parties so just keep you eyes open when you out there you may see someone screw up and not pick up there shit.
At the annual we can lay the law down but I figure if you go to the annual meeting your probably not one of the dick heads.
Like Photo said we are going to fix up that range cool this spring I'm just fed up with the slobs as is the rest of the board and many members we need to catch and boot some one.
Oh well enough ranting keep some garbage bags in your vehicle police up the area when you there and take some hours.
Sooner or later we will get some one and show no Mercy

Mark

Member to vote for me at the annual meeting
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:43:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You nailed that one right on the head!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:40:03 PM EDT
[#16]
I am getting really sick of the shit also,  i picked up a ton of garbage the last 2 times i was there.  just couldn't take it with me due to space in my vehicle,  so someone must have dug all the laundry detergent bottles out i picked up and had in the big bag.  guess i'll just pick them up again seems like a revolving door a certian group of us are stuck in and can't get out.  the fuckers that keep trashing the place are probaly the ones that bitch the most about other things around the range road condition ect.  sorry for the rant

BTH
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:26:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I am getting really sick of the shit also,  i picked up a ton of garbage the last 2 times i was there.  just couldn't take it with me due to space in my vehicle,  so someone must have dug all the laundry detergent bottles out i picked up and had in the big bag.  guess i'll just pick them up again seems like a revolving door a certian group of us are stuck in and can't get out.  the fuckers that keep trashing the place are probaly the ones that bitch the most about other things around the range road condition ect.  sorry for the rant

BTH

RANT ON by all means 2006 resolution Ar com crew bust RCLRC Slobs
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#18]
last time i was there i picked up a couple bags of trash, lots of laundry detergent bottles then two. I have seen them there before on numorous times.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:56:13 PM EDT
[#19]
I agree we need to find out who it is. Rogue and I have loaded up my truck numerous times with crap form the range. I will get even more pissed when we put in time and money this spring to make it better and just to get crapped on by people who really dont care.

HKMP5 - If you want when we are there and someone doesnt pick up their crap, should we just get the plate # and keep it for a reference.....if the plate keeps coming up, we could have a problem member? Who knows.

Either way I wish people would treat the place like it was their home. They don't realize how good we have it there with all the club has to offer. I guess they will though when they are cought and have no place nice to shoot.

Enough ranting,

Batch114

Hopefully someone will vote for me at the annual board meeting (pick me, pick me)
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:16:57 PM EDT
[#20]
HKMP5 - If you want when we are there and someone doesnt pick up their crap, should we just get the plate # and keep it for a reference.....if the plate keeps coming up, we could have a problem member? Who knows

I WOULD TELL THEM ON THE SPOT TAKE YOUR SHIT WITH YOU AND GET THIER INFO

EVEN IF they did not bring it in my opion you put a round in it its yours every member who goes to club should bring some bags to help keep clean the slobs mess.

I have a couple commitees going on with some other things  Im going to bring up the slobs thing
Like maybe some signs and such this shit has to be dealt with.

litter once shame on you
litter twice your gone

B.T.W. you got my five votes!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:38:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Well I don't know if Meg made it out yesterday or not, I hope he'll post if he did or not. I'm thinking I'll be out there between 1200-1300 sunday if anyone wants to head out and help out. WE can powwow some and figure out some things to do to fix this issue.

Also need to get the barrrels out of the trailor too still. I got the target stands out.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Will do on keeping all the info in tact. I am going to be out there Monday morning. I have to coach all weekend. I will bring the truck and load / clean what needs to be .

Thanks for the votes.

Batch114
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:38:54 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Will do on keeping all the info in tact. I am going to be out there Monday morning. I have to coach all weekend. I will bring the truck and load / clean what needs to be .

Thanks for the votes.

Batch114

Let me know when and I'll meet ya out there.

I'm still going to go out sunday  so anyone that wants to go let meet up.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:14:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I finally got out there this afternoon, I pulled three 30 gallon bags of debris out of the 25 yard range... I had to look weird driving down the road with my trunk open and garbage bag hanging out of my Prelude!

I looked in the trailer as well as the big garage, and I didn't see any 4x4's out there.  There were a couple 2x4's in the trailer, but not enough to repair it's pretty trashed.  There are 3 or 4 4x4 posts that are completely down, it looks like someone put them in a pile.

Do we want to just re-build the entire 25 yard framing?  Most of the 4x4 posts have seen better days, and there aren't very many horizontal members that a keeping.

Here is a bill of lumber we would need to re-build it to it's current size.

--------------------------------------------
(14) - 8' long 4x4's
(28) - 10' long 2x4's (posts are 8'-9' apart, so you could get by with 9'ers)
(4) - 12'-16' 2x4's for support angles
(4) - ground stakes to fasten to support angles
(2) - boxes of wood screws
Optional:
(14) - 4x4 base plate stakes

There are existing stakes into the ground via a base plate stakes for the 4x4 posts to fit into.  They use 2 bolts to clamp the 4x4 in, they are in OK shape, but if we are replacing the entire frame we might as well replace those too (14 of them).

I didn't look very hard, but I didn't see any electrifcal outlets back there to plug in a saw or drill.  I do have a cordless saw and drill  that we could use if needed.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:07:43 PM EDT
[#25]
If the entire thing needs to be rebuilt it would be cheaper in the long run to put the uprights at 8' foot on center that way standard sized lumber can be used and easily replace as it needs to be. Also easier to transport 8 footers than other lengths. I would be for some repair work and buy materials. i havent had much time to do anything at the range let alone shoot the last few years, but have some free time for the next week. I do have a genarator for power but if using standard sized lumber only thing you would need to cut would be the 4x4's and those could be cut ahead of time. Cross beams can be hung with decking screws   and a cordless.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:59:44 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
If the entire thing needs to be rebuilt it would be cheaper in the long run to put the uprights at 8' foot on center that way standard sized lumber can be used and easily replace as it needs to be. Also easier to transport 8 footers than other lengths. I would be for some repair work and buy materials. i havent had much time to do anything at the range let alone shoot the last few years, but have some free time for the next week. I do have a genarator for power but if using standard sized lumber only thing you would need to cut would be the 4x4's and those could be cut ahead of time. Cross beams can be hung with decking screws   and a cordless.  

Let me call the grounds and maintenance guy run this buy him. We have a place to get our lumber from don't anyone spend your own money at this time. I also have a big work truck to pick it up and tool 18 volt stuff and gas framers get me a day or two to get the information.

Mark

Ok We can pick up lumber on Saturday does someone want to go with me to get it we can set up time who wants to work this week end and what time
Like I said I have work truck and should have all the tools we need lets rebuild 8' on center I need a lumber  list or should I use the one MM posted plus I will buy extra stock so we have it on hand.

(14) - 8' long 4x4's
(28) - 10' long 2x4's (posts are 8'-9' apart, so you could get by with 9'ers)
(4) - 12'-16' 2x4's for support angles
(4) - ground stakes to fasten to support angles
(2) - boxes of wood screws
Optional:
(14) - 4x4 base plate stakes

There are existing stakes into the ground via a base plate stakes for the 4x4 posts to fit into. They use 2 bolts to clamp the 4x4 in, they are in OK shape, but if we are replacing the entire frame we might as well replace those too (14 of them).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top