Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 2:31:29 PM EDT
Let's not forget the shoot at Springbrook Sportsman's Club on October 1st.  We have been having a pretty damn good turn out of AR15.com members.  I look forward to meeting more of you guys there.

details:

Match Coordinator: Jay Rock  e-mail: [email protected]

2005 Schedule:   March 26, April 23, May 29, June 25, July 2, August 6, September 3, October  1

Match Times:  Registrations opens at 9:00 AM and runs till 3:00 PM

Necessary Equipment

Pistol or revolver in calibers 9mm, 40 S&W, .357 Sig, 10mm, 45 ACP,

45 GAP, 38 Spl, 38 Super

100 rounds of ammunition

3 or more magazines with magazine pouches

and speed reloaders for revolvers

Holster  & Good Sturdy Belt

Eye and Ear protection required for shooters and spectators                          
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:27:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Dale I think I am going to miss this one. Taking a couple weekends off.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Dale I think I am going to miss this one. Taking a couple weekends off.

You bastard!!  Just kidding.  I am sorry you won't be coming, but I will see you in April when the matches start again.  Only difference is that I will hopefully have a pistol of my own to shoot and somebody else will be taking the pictures.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:33:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be there, and I'll be shooting a more manly pistol this time. Pinkie has a new big brother (OD Green G21).

This ,might be everyone's last chance to hang out with me before I go back to Oklahoma. I know you're all heartbroken

--Josh
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:23:26 AM EDT
[#4]
BTT
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:02:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Tomorrow! Looks like some good, fun, bigger stages this time (wisconsinshooters.com has the COF up).
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:53:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't think I'll make this one.  I've got a nasty cold.  Looking forward to next season though!
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:25:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Another good time.  Today I actually participated in a rifle side match.  I was the AK guy going up against a bunch of ARs.  I didn't finish first, but I didn't finish last either!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:16:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Another good time.  Today I actually participated in a rifle side match.  I was the AK guy going up against a bunch of ARs.  I didn't finish first, but I didn't finish last either!

Dale kicked ass with his AK! I bet he starts getting recruiting letters from the Russians and Chicoms any day now.  I think we both did well considering our competition.  Had a great time, good way to end the season!

--Josh
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:25:16 AM EDT
[#9]
yea.. the COF was great. Wish I could of stuck around for the AR side match. Next year I will be making alot more of SpringBrook's matchs. it was great to Meet you Josh. I'm thinking about becoming a member out at Springbrook in 06 just cause I thing the club is very friendly toward Pistol Competition and AR's in general. As opposed to my current range that has it's "Moments" and SpringBrook is looking like a club that is forward thinking and  will grow in a direction that I can relate to.
Dale, sorry I missed you, I swear we got a git a secret handshake or something....
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:17:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Great meeting you too Harv. Always good to visit with like-minded folks. I would have shot with you all morning and not had a clue if I weren't keeping score when you handed over your card, and I recognized your full name from other forums.  No telling how many Arfcommers I've unknowingly met this summer.

It was a lot of fun yesterday -- shot all day (ALL day counting the side match), got a little burned, hung out with good people, and even snuck in a little hard work helping tear down.

Lessons learned at this match:

1. Secure your mags -- stages are not big enough to require a Hanzel-Gretel trail back to the start box. (Stage 1)
2. Virginia count means its NOT okay to apply the "when in doubt, empty mag" principle. (Stage 4)
3. It's possible to have a very negative score when you have 8 extra shots and 8 extra hits.
3. It's  hard to run and reload a shotgun at the same time.  A stupid bandoleer and a hot barrel make it even harder.

--Josh

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top