Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2005 7:20:01 AM EDT
Just curious, would you guys be interested in an IRC channel on EFnet or another server? I know we have these threads, but sometimes its nice to have a place with real-time chatting. You know, for those times when we are REALLY bored (since we dont already spend enough time on AR15com. ;)

Just let me know if its something you guys would be interested in.

FYI: for anyone that does not know, Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is a form of instant communication over the Internet. It is mainly designed for group (many-to-many) communication in discussion forums called channels, but also allows one-to-one communication. Here is a breakdown of information for anyone that wants more information. Just put your thoughts in here and we'll go from there. Would just be a nice place to have real-time discussions if anyone wants to. Maybe like for instance, we could use it on a night like tonight or last night, to find out who is defiently going up to the shoot tonight/tomorrow morning. hanks
dpixel8
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody? I wasnt meaning to compete with here or anything....heh. if thats what someone was thinking. It was just an idea. h.gif
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:38:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it would worth a shot. Most of the guys are out and about. It is a Friday evening. If they are not out having a fish fry they are out drinking and trying to get lucky with their sister. Or they are at BC's. Responses might be a bit slow out of the chute.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:42:00 PM EDT
[#3]
No problem. I am used to a few other boards that are 24/7 super loaded. Hehe. Different "market" here. Maybe ill just put something together next week and let people try it as they see fit.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:10:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I am usually in chat here on the arfcom server daily at work.

I would not mind logging into another channel as well.  I don't know how much real time useage it would get but you can make a channel for free.  Why not try it?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:54:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Coordination would be the hardest part, no matter if it's IRC or using a TeamSpeak server.  Most of the time, if there's something pressing, we just end up calling each other.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:01:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I am definitely interested. It's free, why not get one setup. I'll idle it 6 days a week, 10 hours a day... and I'll mostly be active during those times.

I think that it's a good idea. Why not do it?

-David
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:17:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I think I'll defiently set it up. Thats what I figured as well. I usually leave IRC running on a few of my machines at home, and I will also lurk during slow parts of the day sometimes. So it'd be nice to have a place just for anyone to go for some live chatting. And we'll just see where it goes from there. I'll update this when I get something setup, hopefully sometime this week.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#8]
****UPDATE****
Here is the deal.

Channel name is #ar15comwisc
Server: Dalnet (for info if you do not know how to do this, go to google, search for mirc, download and install, and then follow instructions. its fairly self explanatory, and pretty easy. then either choose an auto dalnet server, or go to www.dalnet.net to search for a server that works for you)

If you have any problems hooking up, or want some help, feel free to message me on here, or on Yahoo/AIM/MSN as dpixel8, or you can email me at dpixel8 at gmail dot com

Hope to see you in there!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top