Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2005 5:48:41 AM EDT
So when yall want to run again??

For some reason my Baby Eagle is all covered in dirt, so is my holster and my tacvest, wonder how that happened

91101 it was nice to meet you yesterday.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:34:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I think MrPX's voice needs a day to recover.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:50:50 PM EDT
[#2]
can't next weekend going up north. but want to try again and i'll bring more ammo. the fiance said she would like to try it sometime but i still haven't her to shoot a black rifle yet, shes wants to but is nervouse cause it looks "scary".

i'll post pictures tonight.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So when yall want to run again??

For some reason my Baby Eagle is all covered in dirt, so is my holster and my tacvest, wonder how that happened

How did it go?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:03:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Likewise.... Yesterday was a real grin... I had a blast

Thanx

P.S. My guess is that your AR is all covered in dirt too...
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:08:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
can't next weekend going up north. but want to try again and i'll bring more ammo. the fiance said she would like to try it sometime but i still haven't her to shoot a black rifle yet, shes wants to but is nervouse cause it looks "scary".

Jesse, ya should have had her run the course with Erik's 10/22... That shouldn't be to scary
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:14:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Well PX has a .22lr converstion kit, that should tame it down a notch from scary. Would it help if it wasn't a black gun?? Maybe a shade of green or somthing would help out. A little less "evil" color. It might help, ya never know.

Ok seriously though, Has she shot rifles before? If not it might just be easier to get her shooting with a none AR rifle first. Whatever she thinks she's going to be the most comfortable shooting, she's going to want to shoot. And opnce she's confortable shooting a rifle won't matter what rifle it is she'll GTG.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Likewise.... Yesterday was a real grin... I had a blast

Thanx

P.S. My guess is that your AR is all covered in dirt too...

Why yes, yes it is
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:16:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

How did it go?

I had a blast! I have to get the rest of the barrels out there. Then we might have enought to make some fun stuff.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:04:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I had a blast! I have to get the rest of the barrels out there. Then we might have enought to make some fun stuff.

And more balloons... And someone besides me to help blow them up, them things were kicking my ass
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:08:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
the fiance said she would like to try it sometime but i still haven't her to shoot a black rifle yet, shes wants to but is nervouse cause it looks "scary".

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#11]

PX's Run with the FAL

AIM LOW!

"This is for fighting and.....

This is for Fun"

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:11:20 PM EDT
[#12]
shes LOVES her single shot bolt winchester and is deadly shot. she was kinda tempted to use her bolt and beat all of us she said. she just has to shoot one she said she'll take mine from me if she likes it alot  TJ i shown her pics like that to try get her into one. but she likes wood styled guns more.... maybe i'll get a woodyAR.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:43:33 PM EDT
[#13]
LMFAO !!

Great fuggin pics, Jesse.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE .........

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:52:14 PM EDT
[#14]
This was the official 'Annie-O' shoot / don't-shoot scenario.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:04:48 PM EDT
[#15]
What is this all about?? It looks like fun. Or is this just for the private group??
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:21:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
LMFAO !!
Great fuggin pics, Jesse.
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE .........
i21.photobucket.com/albums/b265/jesse_2194/run%20and%20gun/DSC01459.jpg

Someone sounds jealous

Anyhow, I had a great time.  I even found this new Ruger that someone left on the ground, and it even came with a holster and ammo!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:36:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Anyhow, I had a great time.  I even found this new Ruger that someone left on the ground, and it even came with a holster and ammo!

Hmm i wonder who that belongs to?

Oh I FINALY got the AK all together.... well almost. I just need to fit the stock on back and then its all done. It looks damn good. I am going to be heading out to the range after dinner tommorow (tuesday)  to shoot it and see if it actualy works. I am afraid to shoot it. First shot is gonna be with string from 50 feet away. I am gonna head out there around 630 or so i would guess so if anyone wants to see what a homemade "pre 68" AK looks like give me a call and let me know if you are coming out... not like with the yellow baloons.....

ETA: When holding an AK is it normal to want to hold it up in the air with one hand and scream WOLVERINES!!?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:05:29 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Hmm i wonder who that belongs to?

Oh I FINALY got the AK all together.... well almost. I just need to fit the stock on back and then its all done. It looks damn good. I am going to be heading out to the range after dinner tommorow (tuesday)  to shoot it and see if it actualy works. I am afraid to shoot it. First shot is gonna be with string from 50 feet away. I am gonna head out there around 630 or so i would guess so if anyone wants to see what a homemade "pre 68" AK looks like give me a call and let me know if you are coming out... not like with the yellow baloons.....

ETA: When holding an AK is it normal to want to hold it up in the air with one hand and scream WOLVERINES!!?

I'll stop out. I don't have anything better t do tonight. and I want to maybe do some handgun work anyway. Plus I have to stop by shooters and talk to Jim about having some stuff shipped to Lauer's
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:13:32 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
What is this all about?? It looks like fun. Or is this just for the private group??

Flamethrower it was just an informal get together to run around and shoot stuff out at the club.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:24:29 AM EDT
[#20]
the fiance and i will probably be out again tonight. pm did you post your high res nfa shoot pictures up?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:54:44 AM EDT
[#21]
ErikM98, did you check headspace on that thing?

I wanna see this.
Will try to get there between 18:30-19:00.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:20:21 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
the fiance and i will probably be out again tonight. pm did you post your high res nfa shoot pictures up?

All the stuff I posted is Hi-res, the sizes though are screwed up because of the host I use, the only allow a certain size. If you click and save as, those photos are actually 10inXsomething. If I had a host that wouldn't limit size, the picks would show up fullsize. If i didn't crop out the junk, you'd be lookinga t a 24x somthing sized image on the screen. takes forever to load the page then.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:16:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:35:47 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Nice pics!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b265/jesse_2194/run%20and%20gun/DSC01451.jpg

Shooter needs to move back from the cover a bit a bit,take a stance behind the tall barrel and ROLL out to the side to shoot.He is stuck on the X.

bulletcatchr

We were all pretty sloppy, it was about fun more then anything, which it was. Sometimes ya got to let the serious stuff take a back seat and just slack off and have fun
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:08:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:55:55 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
ErikM98, did you check headspace on that thing?

I wanna see this.
Will try to get there between 18:30-19:00.

Nah i didnt check it. There is maybe half a thousandh of forward aft movement when the bolt locks in the trunion. Its an all matchin number kit, so the bolt matches the trunion and when i removed the barrel to take out the rivits there was no change in the position of the barrel. The metal dosent all match, i need to repaint the top cover. I am going to leave the barrel as is, trying to repaint that is just going to cause more problems.

Still for peace of mind i am going to have the first shot be with string.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Flamethrower it was just an informal get together to run around and shoot stuff out at the club.

If you feel like it, next time there is an informal get together and you need another person the "asshole" of the group would not mind attending.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:33:41 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Yup that's normal (been there done that)
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:15:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Sorry I missed it, guys.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:52:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Mark did they dump some more sand?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:32:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Plenty of dirt, waiting for culvert.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:03:02 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Mark did they dump some more sand?

Kaboom dropped a bunch of dirt back by the middle berm on the 25, between the noth and south protions. As will said they are waiting on a culvert. Kaboom said somehting about going out this weekend to get everything built up the way it's suposed to be. I haven't heard anything from him  in a couple days though.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:06:37 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Sorry I missed it, guys.

And you should be, it was a blast. We'll do more obviously. PX wants to do one on the 100 yard range

I finaly got the AR cleaned up now it's not so dirty, but it doesn't look right wihtout all the dirt on it.

PX I need to barrow your stock wrench I can't find mine and I have to get the buffer tube ff befor I can send out he lowers.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:27:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Check new toppic WORK Hours. RCLRC sunday ill be there with the cat loader to push sand & dirt  bring you shovels. and rakes your tools doubbel hours.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top