Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2004 6:27:07 PM EDT
more info later..just thought i'd give a heads up to the local lurkers.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#1]
here's some info i found on www.weaponeer.net/groupbuy/

The following FA weapons will be available to shoot.
MG42
1910 maxim
vz-ZB-37
1919 shorty
M-16 with a 7" barrel
AK47
AMD65
FAL
Sten
Bren
and maybe a BAR

Costs to shoot the FA's will be: $10 per Mag and $20 per 50 rd belt with a portion of the money being donated to the website

i'm guessing it will start at noon and go until ammo is gone..late afternoon/early evening.  if it's anything like the shoot they had in May, there will be lots of tannerite, propane tanks,  and misc junk to shoot at.

here are a couple pics from the May shoot there;
FA maxim and 1919

FA AK47 (this one was fun!)

black powder mortar

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:37:39 PM EDT
[#2]
another thread about it; 1919a4.com/cgi-bin/noncgi/Forum6/HTML/002290.html

sounds like some bitch complained to someone so now noone is going to shoot tannerite?  wtf?  i don't think it's as loud as the .50bmgs.  i hope people don't puss out because some woman got upset.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#3]
i missed it.  i had to work late last night and it was raining this morning.  noone wants my tired ass handling machine guns.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#4]
This is the third or fourth one that I've had to work during. If they could SOMEHOW move it from Washburn County to Burnett County, I could sneak in while I'm working! And it'd be roughyl the same distance for everyone....:P
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#5]
the princeton mn mg shoot is coming up on 9/18.  it's waay bigger than the minong shoot.  lots of mg's blazing away.  i plan to be at that one for sure.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:33:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I used to live in Minong-- any of you guys go to Northwoods High? If so, I was in class of 90'
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I used to live in Minong-- any of you guys go to Northwoods High? If so, I was in class of 90'

i'm in Superior.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:29:30 AM EDT
[#8]
HH6 was just up in Superior for the Dragon Boat Races,says she liked the area alot.Last time I was 'up dere' I got eaten alive by blackflies and skeeters,I think I lost a halfpint of blood for every walleye I caught.

Wish I had more notice I would have rode along with her and checked it out.

BulletcatchR
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:45:06 AM EDT
[#9]
i live right by barkers island where those races were.  i've never watched them though.  not very many bugs around this summer, too cold i think.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:20:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
i live right by barkers island where those races were.  i've never watched them though.  not very many bugs around this summer, too cold i think.

yea it's been cold in superior this year.  No flys or other bugs for about the last month or so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top