Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2003 8:24:57 PM EDT
guys we will be having a shoot this sunday at the boone range. one of the members will let us have the use of his weapons to compaire our CQB skills. BYOA no steel case,laqured or wolf ammo. there will be one colt 20"a2 iron site to use and some more m4's with aimpoints.
so keyboard army rise and join us and have some fun.
this will be a fun match and there will be a lot to do. min is 100 rounds and 1 30 round mag. please bring more ammo if you can. the range will be free to get in but will be $1 per pass on the CQB range.
if coming from madison on the interstate run 90/94 towards milwakee take the 45 off ramp North untill hwy 167 stay on 167 for 8-10 miles. when you get to hwy 164 DO NOT TURN that is the 1 mile point untill the range. the range will be on the right side of the road pull in and come see me or bob

heres the site for the range
www.championshooters.com/clubs/wi-dbc.html
guys this will be the start of a lot of shoots for WI we will be talking and planing about moving it to other ranges arounbd the state so we can get more people doing it. please come so you can have input in to were we shoot.
thanks
ray
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 7:54:45 PM EDT
[#1]
So should I leave my rifle home???
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 9:24:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
So should I leave my rifle home???

no bring it. if you would like to try another weapon or a aimpoint you may try one. trying to get shooters in to it that might not have a weapon or would like to try something new
thanks
ray
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 4:36:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like this is going to be a fun time, wish i didn't have so much stuff going on this weekend. Got one question though, why the restriction on the steel case, wolf ammo?
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:49:42 AM EDT
[#4]
no restrictions, lots of people use it..in THEIR guns. I mentioned to Tattoo that if his AR wasn't complete yet he could use my M4 or A2 but no steel case or shellac ammo.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 9:57:46 AM EDT
[#5]
ahh ok I thought it was a restriction for the match. Total hell day at work so far, I'm gunna have to go shootin' when i get out so i can relax a bit.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 11:22:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Ballistik, Thanks for setting this up. I'm a Boone member too, and can show up early to help you set up if needed. Just email me if there is anything I can bring.  See you all there.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Any Boone members that will be there 5/4... I'd like to join the club. Live only 4 or 5 miles away. Do I need a sponsor? Thought I heard somewhere that initial membership is approx. $180 plus a certain number of volunteer hours a month. Correct?

At fun shoot will a bipod be of any value? Won't bring it if not necessary.
Jim Pagel, black Cherokee with red/yellow stripes (no laughing).
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 12:53:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
no restrictions, lots of people use it..in THEIR guns. I mentioned to Tattoo that if his AR wasn't complete yet he could use my M4 or A2 but no steel case or shellac ammo.

sorry about that ballistik i should know better then posting with a little to much to drink in me.
see you tomorro.
ray
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 8:32:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok, I'm bringing my 20" AR.

I may also bring my SAR-1 (w. holographic Kobra sight) if I can figure out how to carry an AK on a bike (After the amout of gas I burned going to Ottawa last time, NO MORE FAR-AWAY ARFCOM SHOOTS FOR THE TRANS AM!) without looking like a terrorist (which nixes the 'just sling it on your back and ride' option )... Unless this is a .223 only event...

Is it?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 11:24:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks to the D. Boone members that volunteered to organize and instruct us beginners. I learned a great deal about AR-15's that I didn't know.

Anyway, thanks again for an interesting afternoon. I owe you one... Beats cutting grass. Jim Pagel
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#11]
it was a blast. the guys that missed out can have another chance to join in.. were planing the next one.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:52:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Glad you enjoyed it guys, not a lot of shooting but again, it was more of fam fire to generate interest. Now it is up to you to get something going at your local clubs. You saw the portable targets and how easy they are to make.

Thanks again Tattoo for assisting in this.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:53:08 PM EDT
[#13]
it was fun. heres a pic of the targets to show the guys the layout. i got to make a set of holders soon. i think adding some bllons would make it a little more fun. well see.

they get a little hard to see at 50 yeards
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top