Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2003 5:15:02 PM EDT
I don't think the Colorado House is in session yet, but has anyone heard how the bill will be written?

What training if any?
Restricted locations?
Other states?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:36:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't heard anything, either.
But, I think ProfGAB might have an inside scoop on it.  He mentioned something in my thread about a CCW law for Colorado.

So, how about it, Prof?  Let your brothers in on the action.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:05:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I just went and looked at the state legislature web page and they haven't introduced a bill yet.  We'll see.  Karl.

www.state.co.us/gov_dir/stateleg.html
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 9:31:25 AM EDT
[#3]
www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36%257E61%257E1097467,00.html

Colorado legislature 2003
GOP out of the gate with gun bills
Three proposals on carry permits apt to rile Dems

Julia C. Martinez     Denver Post Capitol Bureau
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 12:42:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's the PDF file for Chlouber's bill:
www.leg.state.co.us/2003a/inetcbill.nsf/fsbillcont/D6D2AD9E8974917C87256C6B005D4177?Open&file=024_01.pdf

There are some encouraging changes from his bill last session, but there are also some things contained within the bill that I disagree with.
I'll wait until some of you have had a chance to read it before I make my points known.

-edited to fix link- (Thanks for catching that Karl)
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 4:06:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I am so tired of waiting for a bill to pass.
It seems like I have been waiting since before Columbine.

I will support any of the ones outlined. I would prefer the ones that are less restrictive, but if the perfect bill won't be passed, I will take the imperfect one.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 4:47:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 5:40:57 PM EDT
[#7]
<Homer>DOH!!</Homer>

Thanks Karl.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 11:44:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I agree here. Too many times we pass up the good in the name of the perfect.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 12:24:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Yankee - I'd like to hear your comments via email.

I say "email" because there are trolls about, and "cut & paste" is too easy - we might be quoted out of context.

Much of these bills was worked out during the off time, many lawyers hashed though "what about" and "what if" to impose some strong implications. - There are some obvious things which are not directly stated - and I don't intend to publicly be the one to point them out to the oposition.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 6:42:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yankee - I'd like to hear your comments via email.

I say "email" because there are trolls about, and "cut & paste" is too easy - we might be quoted out of context.

Fair enough and good point.  
I want to read through the bill a couple more times to make sure I didn't miss (or misinterpret) anything.  I'll email you after I get a chance to do that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top