Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2013 11:59:00 AM EDT
I lived in Englewood back in the early 90s for 3 years , have not been back since. I remember a fair bit of gang activity , and I didn't use my car much due to thel ight rail while working downtown in Denver.

Work is taking me to the Denver area , this time I'm bringing a retired monther who is 70 and lives with me so I need a safe area near the light rail so she can go shop or do what ever social womens club stuff she likes to do. What areas are ok/safe ?   I will likley buy a small house this time , in the 140K range since its just us 2. Must be no more than 5 blocks from the light rail though ...but then again I'm flexable.  what side of downtown is ok?  south or north?

any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 12:17:10 PM EDT
[#1]
West side  of Denver for safety...with out giving out a grid ref. where we live....the new station at 2nd & Union  in Lakewood ( Green Mtn area) is going to work.  Has the new hospital right across the street. That's handy. We just found out that the rail line has a lot of stops on the way to downtown along the old rail line on 14th Ave ? WTF
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 12:29:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

West side  of Denevr for safety...with out giving out a grid ref. where we live....the new station at 2nd & Union  in Lakewood ( Green Mtn area) is going to work.  Has the new hospital right across the street. That's handy. We just found out that the rail line has a lot of stops on the way to downtown along the old rail line on 14th Ave ? WTF

thanks , will look at the west side then. how about a place to shoot?   any good outdoor ranges within a hour?
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 2:10:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Blue Core range (indoor) in Lakewood, Clear Creek County Range near Idaho Sroings ( Membership frezze at moment). Smaller range in door up north in Wheatridge, CO. Forget name. And a large amount of US Forest and BLM land to the west and SW nad NW. Best to research what's okay .

Google "Lakewoood CO" Large Fed employment presense at the Denver Fed Ctr. Light rail is next to 6th Ave (major in & out route to downtown)
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 4:18:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Your parameters, near light rail, acceptably safe neighborhood and house less than $140K are difficult parameters to meet.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Your parameters, near light rail, acceptably safe neighborhood and house less than $140K are difficult parameters to meet.

yea might just go further out of the city and drive to the rail and have the parent take the bus . Sort of want to be out a bit to the west . ill have to go out and scout it out for a week and see whats what.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 7:21:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

^^^^This.  I don't think you will find a detached single family home with your requirements; perhaps a condo or townhome.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 11:48:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Try Littleton.  The Mineral Light Rail Station is close to many townhomes that might be in your price range.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 1:35:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Pretty sure Colorado will no longer be a free state after this next round of Legislation.  You should see if Cheyenne Wyoming is close enough to the light rail for your purposes.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:36:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Littleton's Mineral light-rail station might be ok.  I would NOT recommend the Englewood Oxford, or Englewood City Center stations.  Englewood has changed since your time there in the 90's.  Meth and tweakers have ruined a once beautiful bedroom community.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top