Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2010 8:31:27 PM EDT

I have been saving forever, to buy a new safe. Everytime I get close, something breaks, someone needs medical care, vehicle, house, food, the list is endless.

Finally, I made it. So, I was looking for the most safe for the money. I bought a Liberty Franklin 50. I know there are better, so thats not what the thread is about. But, Mark Arnold is listed on the Liberty safe website. He is a dealer out of Buena Vista. He was much cheaper than RMSS in Fort Collins. He is about 25 % cheaper than the lowest price on thier website. Plus the sales tax goes of off the state tax only, because of his location. (mine too).

He brought the safe out today, we got it in and set where I want it. He was great, with helping me get it in the door.(barely fit) I would recommend him and his company anytime. He was a great guy to deal with. Anyone looking for a safe, call him. He occasionally has an ad on craigslist. I actually found him there first. It was last year, and I have been trying to get one since. Delivery is free in the metro area. And it was free here too. He does charge to get it in the house unless its a garage or similar, but he said usually 50-100 or so.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 6:23:08 AM EDT
[#1]
delivery free to metro denver from buena vista?

does he have a website or product list?
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 7:02:40 AM EDT
[#2]
no website, i was talking with him about that.  He knows he needs one, but he doesnt know where to start.  And I think money would be tight.  I suggested the $39. website tonight from godaddy.  I used that, because I didnt know where to start either.  His products are the same as the LibertySafe website.  But, you would have to call him to get a list of what he has in stock.  And yes he has been doing free delivery to the metro.  He seemed like a real good guy.

his number is on the LibertySafe site, but here it is. 719-207-1444  his name is Mark Arnold.

I am about 200 miles from him.  And it stil was much cheaper than going with Hamblen-RMSS in Fort Collins.  Which is 40 miles away.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 9:38:06 AM EDT
[#3]
How do you like the Franklin 50?  That looks like one gigantic safe!
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 12:52:09 PM EDT
[#4]
1035lbs.   Did you have to go up or down any stairs with just the two of you?
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 1:51:20 PM EDT
[#5]
no stairs to speak of.  i have 2 steps up my front door. and he and I did most of it.  His wife was there and she also helped.

I would like to have a bigger safe, and with more fire protection and heavier gauge steel. but, money is a factor.  I now think I wouldnt buy bigger, just someday an additional one.  That was a 1/2 clearance getting it in width wise. and with the pallet, it was too tall for the door. tight fit.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 2:01:48 PM EDT
[#6]
does mark have a showroom that you know of?  i'd like to eyeball these things.

thanks again for all the info

Link Posted: 7/15/2010 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#7]
i dont think so, but I didnt ask.  I think he gets them in, stores them in his shop maybe, and then just delivers.  I really dont know. He owns a chimney sweep and wood stove business. He said most of his money comes from that. But, he said right now he is right behind RMSS in safe sales, but he should pass them this year. As the most safes sold in Colorado.

i would bet if you wanted to drive to buena vista and look he would let you. if he had in what you wanted to see.

Also right now I got a 200 rebate from Liberty for buying a safe that cost more than 2k.  i think he said that had a 100 rebate for under 2k. that saved me some money right there.  I had thought about buying the fatboy. which is the same exact safe as the franklin 50, but 5 feet tall instead of 6 feet tall.  i think it was 1650. with another 100 off for the rebate.  my safe and the fatboy both come right now with the door panel, that holds handguns and whatever else.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:24:15 AM EDT
[#8]
HBAR––how are you liking the safe after a couple of months?  wish you had a bigger one?  smaller one?  just right?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#9]
well, i dont want a bigger one, because this one is 6 feet tall and it made it through the door with about 1/4" to spare. but, i would like another one. things might be easier to get out.  the safe is nice. just dont watch the youtube video "security on sale." then you will want to buy a $10,000 Grafunder safe.  but, this one affords me some peace of mind. i do have another large heavy safe, but its not fire proof. it weighs 600 without the 1/2 plate doors on. so, i think it is around a thousand pounds as well.  if we sell the house this year or ever. i will build a vault in the house and have a vault door. man cave, reloading room, tornado shelter, gun room, canned good etc. all rolled into one.  

so in  a long round about way, yes, i am happy with the safe. i do wish it was bigger, although it would work here in my house.

and i got my 200 cash back. that was nice, the check came after a couple weeks or so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top